IGNORED

GFX Compo

The previous Sikor's compo was unsuccessful because he has received no games (Frogger-like in ASCII mode). This time a new compo is much easier: gfx compo without restrictions in subject. Please join us if you have any picture to show! Number of colours or level of skills does not matter... This is just for fun.

Rules:

- gfx must run on standard 8-bit Atari (PAL),

- file format and graphics mode free to choose,

- xex file preferred, when that is not possible, program to handle picture must be send to me,

- gfx restriction: picture must not be signed off,

- compo email: kaz_REMOVE_THIS@_AND_THIS_online.pl,

- deadline: Sunday, 31st of March 2008, 0:00 (you have nine days),

- all entries will be put on atari.online.pl, open voting in comments area,

- 50 PLN (polish zlotys) for winner (around 20$),

- all entries are public domain and can be freely distributed,

- compo committe (Sikor, Maly/Sword, Kaz/Rohar) will decide in all moot points.

Edited by Kaz atari.online.pl

I will put all picture into 1) one article on my webpage 2) into atr file(-s) to download. Voting: first two days here or on my webpage (0 - scrap, 10 - amazing). After that I will publish details about authors, points they got and winner. It will be time for comments, etc. Main aim of this compo is to ATTRACT people to Atari gfx making, so don't be too brutal for not-quite-original works :).

Authors HAVE TO VOTE for themselves to hide fact they are authors :). However, their points for their own work will not be counted. I know it sounds strange but we tried to be fair - name of authors shouldn't play a role in this compo. From other hand we shouldn't harm authors, so the sum of points will be divided by number of voters. So, when you vote for other pictures you don't loose points for your work :). I think it is well-balanced.

Report: 21 entries... 1,5 day left...

Holly shit,

look at these quality productions!!!!

KAZ you are the Atari 8bit scene super star!! Thank you for activating the people in such an outstanding way. Next time please do so at the Forever party as well :-)))

grtx,

\twh::taos

post-2336-1207083314_thumb.png

nice

1 - 8

2 - 6

3 - 5

4 - 5

5 - 6

6 - 5

7 - 6

8 - 7

9 - 8

10 -5

11 - 7

12 - 4

13 - 6

14 - 5

15 - 5

16 - 6

17 - 6

18 - 8

19 - 10

20 - 7

21 - 6

22 - 6

23 - 8

24 - 7

25 - 6

26 - 5

27 - 7

28 - 9

Edited by NRV

My provider had technical problems at 29th of March 2008, what was reported by me on my webpage. It affected compo, because one picture has been sent by Atari man and never received by me. I decided to attach this picture into compo list today and I'm asking everyone to give points to this picture as well (picture 28 - "Zima" means "Winter"). Sorry for this accident.

EDIT:

Heaven has just shown this picture above.

Edited by Kaz atari.online.pl

My provider had technical problems at 29th of March 2008, what was reported by me on my webpage. It affected compo, because one picture has been sent by Atari man and never received by me. I decided to attach this picture into compo list today and I'm asking everyone to give points to this picture as well (picture 28 - "Zima" means "Winter"). Sorry for this accident.

EDIT:

Heaven has just shown this picture above.

OK.