IGNORED

My game, in 3 pieces

jbs30000

I'm pretty much done with my Tron game. There's one glitch left, and the scoring system, well, I gave up on that a while ago.

For those who don't know, about a year ago I started working on an Atari version of the Tron arcade game. My bigest problem was the light cycle game.

What I have now works, but is a little tricky in that sometimes you can go right up against a wall without crashing, and other times you can't.

Anyway, the glitch is that after completing all 4 games, you're supposed to advance a level (there's 3 levels all together). After completing all 4 games on the first level, one of the games in the second level caused the game to completely start over. So, I'm posting 3 games, one for each level.

The Tank game is my best work and I'm extremely proud of it. The rest of the games......meh, they're so so. Only the Tank game and MCP Cone has sound effects. Also, when you start from the beginning, if you press Select (F1 on Stella) some Tron music, provided by lord_mike (does he still post here?) will play. If you press Start (F2) no music will play.

Tron31.bas.bin

Tron32.bas.bin

Tron33.bas.bin

• 2 years later...

This thread is two years old. On another forum resurrected threads are called zombie threads.

Anyway, a few months my hard drive died, and I didn't have a backup, so all of the source-code is gone. Kind of a shame because there are some flaws I needed to fix. I might try to rewrite the programs, but I'm still busy with my Super Mario game.

This thread is two years old. On another forum resurrected threads are called zombie threads.

Anyway, a few months my hard drive died, and I didn't have a backup, so all of the source-code is gone. Kind of a shame because there are some flaws I needed to fix. I might try to rewrite the programs, but I'm still busy with my Super Mario game.

A reminder for all of us to regularly back up our game files to a USB flash drive or DVD or something.

Anyway, a few months my hard drive died, and I didn't have a backup, so all of the source-code is gone.

:( How many hours of work were lost?

I don't know. I have a very bad memory I'm afraid.

Edit: But I think I could rewrite the game and make it better.

Edited by jbs30000

A reminder for all of us to regularly back up our game files to a USB flash drive or DVD or something.

Amen.