IGNORED

Jackpot! - Comp Thrift Shop in New Hampshire (Atari stock) Taking requests!

You wouldn't believe what I found! Up north in the New Hampshire area is a small computer thrift shop that specializes in old computer equipment. He has your standard fair of PCs sitting around, but what makes this store different from the rest is the enormous collection of Atari hardware and software he has for sale. He has every Atari 8-bit computer known to us for sale in mint / near-mint condition. His selection of Atari ST equipment is mind-blowing. He has multiple 1040sts for sale, Monochrome and color ST monitors, originally boxed ST software, hard drives, manuals, user guides, and who knows what else. He is also a big Atari fan.

I discovered his store one day while taking a road trip, but when I stopped by he was closed. I wrote down the number and left a message on his answering machine. He called me late last night and we must have had an hour long conversation about Atari. During our conversation he mentioned that someone recently traded in a new (I said new!) Atari 800xl in retail box for a PC tower system. He said the person who traded this system in didn't know what he was giving away and I have to agree. I tried to talk the owner into selling the new Atari 800xl but he refused. He said it’s going to sit alongside his Atari 520st -- which is the original one he purchased in 1985.

If anyone has a wish list or is looking for something in particular, I'd be happy to look for it when I visit his store today at 1pm EST.

Edited by retrogeek

You wouldn't believe what I found! Up north in the New Hampshire area is a small computer thrift shop that specializes in old computer equipment. He has your standard fair of PCs sitting around, but what makes this store different from the rest is the enormous collection of Atari hardware and software he has for sale. He has every Atari 8-bit computer known to us for sale in mint / near-mint condition. His selection of Atari ST equipment is mind-blowing. He has multiple 1040sts for sale, Monochrome and color ST monitors, originally boxed ST software, hard drives, manuals, user guides, and who knows what else. He is also a big Atari fan.

I discovered his store one day while taking a road trip, but when I stopped by he was closed. I wrote down the number and left a message on his answering machine. He called me late last night and we must have had an hour long conversation about Atari. During our conversation he mentioned that someone recently traded in a new (I said new!) Atari 800xl in retail box for a PC tower system. He said the person who traded this system in didn't know what he was giving away and I have to agree. I tried to talk the owner into selling the new Atari 800xl but he refused. He said it’s going to sit alongside his Atari 520st -- which is the original one he purchased in 1985.

If anyone has a wish list or is looking for something in particular, I'd be happy to look for it when I visit his store today at 1pm EST.

So that means you finally got an ST? ;) Congrats

So that means you finally got an ST? ;) Congrats

Thank you!

I actually purchased my 1040st from Cassidy; he gave me an incredible deal! :)

Edited by retrogeek

Where in NH is this store? I live in Hudson and wouldn't mind taking a road trip. :)

~telengard

I live in western mass and I might take the trip..... I go up to Funspot arcade once or twice a year. and if it's on my way there i'd stop in!

-rick

Edited by Zeptari1

The store owner doesn't want anything to do with mail-order nor did he want his store information posted on a message board. PLEASE if you call him do not mention that you found his information on a message board.

Can someone explain to me who this DoomMaster is?? I'm getting tired of being called him when I AM NOT.

Edited by retrogeek

hey buddy , i look for atari st programs

1 iconix music sequencer

2 grand slam sample libririan

3 pascal programming language manual

heck theres more but i'm as fidgity as a child at xmas time . i just don't know the limits!!!

charles

do you suposse he'll have these?

sunday 11:00 am canada

The store owner doesn't want anything to do with mail-order nor did he want his store information posted on a message board. PLEASE if you call him do not mention that you found his information on a message board.

Off Hour Multimedia Workshop

81 Calef Highway, Lee, NH 03861

(603) 868-5969

Can someone explain to me who this DoomMaster is?? I'm getting tired of being called him when I AM NOT.

I'm really gonna try to make the effort to stop in there this summer.

I just did the mapquest thing, and the trip is about 140 miles oneway!

Do you think he'd be interested in buying some ST stuff?

I'm on the fence with my ST collection.... Buy more stuff for it or sell it all off!?!? :ponder:

-rick

PS.... Is he open weekends???? If so can you post his hours?

Edited by Zeptari1

(603) 868-5969

I'm on the fence with my ST collection.... Buy more stuff for it or sell it all off!?!? :ponder:

-rick

His hours are a bit awkward so hopefully I get this right:

Mon & Wed 1pm-6pm

Tues, Thurs, Fri 1pm-9pm

He is open on Saturday but he takes Sundays off. I'm not sure if he would be interested in buying ST paraphernalia, but since he's an ST user himself, he just might bite!

I am interested in ST software / equipment as well so drop me a line too if you ever decide to sell any of it!

• 2 weeks later...

(603) 868-5969

-rick

His hours are a bit awkward so hopefully I get this right:

Mon & Wed 1pm-6pm

Tues, Thurs, Fri 1pm-9pm

He is open on Saturday but he takes Sundays off. I'm not sure if he would be interested in buying ST paraphernalia, but since he's an ST user himself, he just might bite!

I am interested in ST software / equipment as well so drop me a line too if you ever decide to sell any of it!

Here's what I have.... a 1040STf and a Mega STE2 ( keyboard and floppy are both dead)

A big pile of ST Format and ST Informer magazines and about 50+ floppys.

1 atari color and 1 atari mono monitor.

If your still interested I'll post some picture's.

-rick

Are there any falcons? I still need an Atari...

Hey guys, I don't want you to think that I am ignoring this thread (I was thinking that everyone has seen the same thread in 8-bit and knew what was going on). To make a long story short, I have decided not to deal with the thrift store in Lee, NH. I haven't purchased anything from him either. The owner really needs a lesson in customer service and his attitude is a big turn off. In my opinion he doesn't deserve my money or anyone else's. I waited weeks for him to send me an updated list of product and he never came through.

Every time I called to find out where the list was he would be rude for no apparent reason. Apparently the stubborn, old fool doesn’t like to make money... It's a shame; he has all those goodies in his store collecting dust because he refuses to be reasonable.

Edit: His reason for having high prices was laughable at best. According to him, these items are rare and can't be found anywhere. :lol: Right... Atari ST computers may not be common these days but you can find one if you look hard enough; I can guarantee the price will be far cheaper than what he charges. :roll:

Edited by retrogeek