IGNORED

Atariage 2600 Rarity database...

EricDeLee

Well... do any of you have an easier way to use the AtariAge database in Excel?

Everytime I try to copy and past, it will not work. If I copy a page (highlighting what I want...) it will place everything within the same cell.

Everything! LOL

I based my current collection off of the Atariage database. I know there are other label variations that are not listed, but I'm basically going after the ones listed here first, then I can tackle the others.

I've got about 100 to go to complete my rarity 1-4 collection. I've got about half of the 5s and 6s as well.

I had a good database before... but then lost it on an old computer. I thought about using the cart commander, but I'm not sure if I really want to use that program or not.

Can anyone here get this in a Excel database? I don't need anything but the basics: Game Title/Company/Label/etc. I Don;t need it to have the rarity artwork that is on the database (the '1' within a circle, etc).

Thanks...

Eric DeLee

Hmm...

I can't figure out how to add an excel sheet as an attachment

It is a pretty simple database though. I will have to look through it... I know that atariage has a few things listed twice... (Tank Plus Sears Text is one if I recall correctly)

I think the Cart commander would be an overall better tool, but thats okay.

Huh? Where did you get the original AtariAge Excel document that you started with. I've never seen that, and just looked, and can't find it anywhere on the site.

omegamatrix just made it

Oh, I see... I thought you were saying you had an AtariAge Excel... nevermind. I like yours, too, that opened in Numbers. Not sure if it was supposed to, but it works in Apple Numbers for me. Both are useful.

Thanks (back to lhurk mode).

Huh? Where did you get the original AtariAge Excel document that you started with. I've never seen that, and just looked, and can't find it anywhere on the site.

omegamatrix just made it

Oh, I see... I thought you were saying you had an AtariAge Excel... nevermind. I like yours, too, that opened in Numbers. Not sure if it was supposed to, but it works in Apple Numbers for me. Both are useful.

Thanks (back to lhurk mode).

I couldn't get eric's to open in my excel maybe my excel 97 is to old

I couldn't get eric's to open in my excel maybe my excel 97 is to old

Yes he has a newer version of excel but he was show his 22 carts that he has (mostly commons :( and no I don't have anything > 5!! :x )

My carts with links back here!

Here is a CSV file with:

"Title","Mfg","LabelType","Rarity","System","AANUM"

AA2600.zip

My excel sheet was mad on a Vista computer.... so... yep.. it is the newer Excel. Sorry about that

I had not made any changes or said which ones I have in that database. I will be doing that later for myself. I did however include which games I still need on the last tab.

My database only has three columns: Name/Company/Label

Each tab at the bottom is for which rarity the cart is. All 1s are together... all 2s are together and so on.

I just could not get rid of the hyperlinks when I copied it from atariage. Beyond that... it is a pretty nice start. Obviously there are a few duplicates on there (like the one I mentioned above...) but they have been like that on the AA database for years. Also, I did not add any other label variations from other sites. I left it as is. As that's how I base my collection off of. If I can get all that is listed here... then I am set.

(No homebrews, prototypes, etc were added).

Figured I would add my spreadsheet as well. It is a sortable list with added columns for cart, box, and manual, as well as the standard fields. Adding a quantity to the cart field will highlight the game info in green as a quick reference for the carts collected.

atari2600.zip

Excellent, very nice spreadsheet !!!!! Thank you :D

I made one with pretty pictures a while back.

It's my bible.

It also counts totals for you if you put an 'X' in the owned column.

It also links to AtariAge for the game and the cart. type.

2600_for_everyone.zip

Holy Crap, that is sssswwwweeeettttt! Good job guys, both are now on my desktop. Looks really nice with the

company pics, therealred5. :cool:

Thanks!

I would have shared it a long time ago, but I never thought to

zip the file and then upload it.

Oh well, everyone can have it now.

I have an updated version that has a column for manuals and boxes, but I have to blank all my stuff out

before I post it.

Try back later for the updated version.

Incase anyone wants to add the conditional formating like I have in my spreadsheet, i wrote a quick how-to.

Steps to add conditional formating:

(The steps are from memory and tested in Office2003, if I made a mistake please let me know)

-Select cells (for a single game) that you want to change

-In the menu bar Click 'Format>Conditional Formating...'

-Select 'Formula Is' from the first dropdown

-In the blank put '=$trigger_cell>0' (ie. =$D4>0)

-Click the 'Format' button and adjust how you want the cell to look, hit 'OK'

-Hit 'OK' to close the Conditional Formating window and test your formating

(Anything other then a blank cell should trigger the formating, like a # or 'x')

To add the formating to the rest of the list:

-Highlight the cells you just added the conditional formating to

-Click the 'Format Painter' icon (look like a paint brush in the main toolbar)

-Now highlight the cells you want to add the formating to

Enjoy

Edited by co13ghoul