IGNORED

WII HAVE A MEET: APRIL 27 (Smash+Kart!)

OK ENOUGH OF THIS!

I'm changing "we need a meet" to "WII HAVE A MEET" because it's WAY overdue.

Christian you offered to host as long as it was a Sunday... 27th OK?

That should be the release day for the new Mario Kart. I've got it pre-ordered.

Plus I have the new Smash Bros, and the usual assortment of Nintendo goodness.

I'm not sure what kind of tourney we'll have, but we'll come up with something.

We can also wire up some old classic stuff just for kicks.

If there's any tradeing per se it's gonna be pretty light, so don't go crazy...

If I remember rightly the attic worked pretty well for my projector?

WHO IS WITH ME??? (err hopefull Christian or else we can have it at my place)

I see nothing on our calender for that day, hopefully the wife will be cool with it. Sounds fun! I own a Wii and a much larger TV than before but feel free to bring the projector. I can provide 2 wiimotes and 1 nunchuk.

There will be trading, lets not lose that tradition just because I've slowed down a bit ;) I doubt we'll ever see trade stashes like we did 5 years ago but what the hey. Oh and speaking of traditions we need to keep, beer...mmm beer!

OK, I've gotten the go-ahead from my wife. Lets make it official. She requests that we stick to the hours of 3-630 PM or thereabouts. My address is -

653 South St #2

Roslindale MA 02131

You should GPS or mapquest it since this is Boston and the map wont get you here. Parking is on street but usually available Bring trades, bring beer, bring whatever - the rest is up to Kirk :)

As someone new to this board, I wanted to make sure that it was ok if I stopped by for the swapmeet. I noticed that no one replied to my introduction thread. As I mentioned, I am new to the classic gaming hobby and if nothing else, could be a great place for some of you to unload your dupes. I don't have much myself, so my attendance would benefit mostly myself. Please let me know if anyone has any issues with me showing up.

Thanks!

Dane

Edited by Waterborn

By all means come join us, meeting your fellow collectors is what we're all about. Our meets are open and casual, just a bunch of guys playing and trading games. If you're looking to fill some holes in your collection bring trades or cash, people tend to be very generous with the common stuff since most of us have it already. If you have any questions or are looking for any items in particular please post about it.

Thanks! I am really just beginning the collecting process, so I will plan to bring some $ and lots of questions. I don't really have much worthe trading yet. I look forward to meeting everyone later this month.

Dane

Edited by Waterborn

Well, it turns out that I have to work most of the day on the 27th, but I still hope to be able to stop by around 4 pm if things will still be rolling at that time. I would be interested in any Atari 2600 Carts that I don't have (and that is a LOT!) or any coin-up game ports for the NES (Dig Dug, Time Pilot, etc). As I mentioned earlier, I don't have alot to trade, so I will plan to bring $.

After a long absence from the forums I am back. I would like to join in on this get-together myself. I know this might sound like sin on the boards here but I am actually going to stop buying for atari as I am going to focus my buying on the neo-geo, PC Engine/Turbo Grafx, and SEGA stuff. So I will bring any and all of my Atari stuff with me to this...maybe I can get rid of some of it :). I still love the atari but all my other collecting takes up all my $$ so I gotta draw the line somewhere.

Hope I can make it as i'd love to meet other people from MA that are into collecting and classic gaming as much as I am...if not more.

Waterborn- I have a lot of common Atari 2600 and some 5200 games. I am going to bring my entire bundle of stuff over..systems and all so your free to buy or trade for any of my stuff as I prob. have a lot of what you'd be interested in.

Edited by OldSchoolGamer88

Sounds good! I just picked up a huge lot of games and two heavy sixers. There were some pretty good games in the bunch, but the sixers were both broken ( one is missing the av out and the other has 4 broken switches). Anyone have spare parts for sixers? Or is anyone interested in these? Not sure if they work, but would like to mess around with them and see if I can get them working. I would be willing to trade at least one of them for 2600 carts. I just went through what I have so far and I already have amassed a pretty big box of dupes in the month or so that I have been collecting. Mostly 1's and 2's, but I do have a few other things mixed in. One of the cooler games that I have found so far is a chuck norris double ender. Cool game! Anyway, I am trying to figue out how I can cut out of work early on the 27th. :cool:

Not sure yet if I can make it, but I'm always willing to take dead consoles, if the person doesn't want too much for them. Most get fixed - some become organ donors. None get tossed. I would also be able to bring a couple Wiimotes and nunchuks, possibly a modded Wii if that helps. I'm just waiting on the tri-wing screwdriver to arrive in the mail. I've been paring down my collection quite a bit recently.

Anyone interested in N64 boxes/manuals? I'm sitting here staring at lot of them, many of them hard to get. I was an N64 completist at one point - not so anymore.

I'm still always looking for nicely boxed hardware and always bring cash.

Oh, and please, ladies and gentlemen, pray that yours truly doesn't have a relapse of what happened around the time last year's meet was. What happened, you ask? Let's see:

Mom - Fell and broke her hip, laying her up for about three months, and she had a nervous breakdown near the end of that period of time.

Dad - Had triple bypass surgery, which he still hasn't fully healed from, since the site where he got his vein grafts from has taken forever to heal, meaning he's needed several skin grafts, and because he hasn't been able to move around as much, he's slower than before.

Tiger (older cat) - Was attacked by a raccoon. He's fine now, it's just that he doesn't go out anymore, and he has a slight limp in the leg where he was bitten.

Nermal (younger cat) - Had some kind of skin infection on his back, kind of like a rash, which got out of hand and needed treatment for. Just an overnight stay, but that was a prelude of things to come.

Me - Financially, I was hit hard. I was grateful to be able to go to Anime Boston 2007, but after that, my mom borrowed $500 altogether from it to be able to pay for things. It took her forever to pay me back, and she barely paid me back the last amount she owed me in time for the convention.

*whew* Sorry, longwinded I know. But please pray that doesn't happen again.

Dammit, I can't believe I didn't see this untill now! I'll put a lot of money aside, and be sure to ask for that day off tonight.

Sorry man, that's why I posted on the old thread complaining about not having a meet, sorry it missed you.

Hope this time is bad karma free for you and your family.

Anyone collect Sega Genesis gear? I came across a sweet box of games, gear and what not over the weekend. I picked it up to trade or sell to support my ever growing 2600 addiction. I plan to clean everything up and test it today (pretty dusty). If anyone is interested, I will hold off throwing this up on eBay and will bring it to the swap meet next Sunday.

Waterborn:

Definitely, I'd love to see what you have.

Christian:

Thanks, I'm gonna need it. I couldn't ask for Sunday off, so I'm just gonna hope that my manager gives me it off again like she has for the past few weeks. If not, I'll... I'll figure something out! Oh, and I still have Ballblazer if you want it. The packaging is a little damaged, but other than that it's still like new.

Anyone collect Sega Genesis gear? I came across a sweet box of games, gear and what not over the weekend. I picked it up to trade or sell to support my ever growing 2600 addiction. I plan to clean everything up and test it today (pretty dusty). If anyone is interested, I will hold off throwing this up on eBay and will bring it to the swap meet next Sunday.

You weren't clear in the other thread what exact model it is... depending on which, I may be interested. I don't have any of the combo CD units.

Sorry, it is indeed the Sega Genesis/CD combo unit. I also have 16 games for it. When no one chimed in, I put it up on ebay. However, no one has bid on it yet and I can take the auction down if you think you would be interested in it. You can check it out here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:IT&ih=018

I cleaned both machines and all the games and everything is working well. Sometimes I had to reseat the carts to get them to register, but all did.

Let me know if you are interested and I will pull the auction.

Dane

I collect Sega Genesis and such. I have a ton of SEGA related items...none for trade/sell of course.

Also, I have a feeling I will be the youngest one at this meet...im only 21(22 in 4 months) but i've been into 2D gaming my entire life so I am sure I will fit in perfectly.

Edited by OldSchoolGamer88