IGNORED

Just got Smash Bros...don't really like it, trades?

Crazy Climber

Hello

I just got Super Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii, am I missing someting? I'm not really in to it. Seems to me that this is a big online game and since I don't game online I am just kind of bored with it. It's not a bad game just not really my style. Anyways, if it truely is a great game then maybe I should give it more of a chance but if anyone is interested I would trade straight up for any of the following (in excellent condition and CIB just like mine)

Zelda

Super Paper Mario

Metriod 3

I would also consider trading for 2 lower priced games, just PM me what you have but this is still a pretty new game and I imagine would pull $40 give or take on Ebay so don't offer me Kawasaki Jet Ski or other similar crap :D Let me know if you are interested, Thanks :)

I just got Super Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii, am I missing someting?

Probably not. SSB is very much a party game. It's something that's far more fun against other people than by yourself. As such, I've never found it to be all that interesting. (Kids aren't quite old enough to provide a good challenge.) Online support in Brawl probably helps, but competing with random people you can't interact with just isn't as interesting as having a room full of trash-talkn' friends. :)

I just got Super Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii, am I missing someting?

Probably not. SSB is very much a party game. It's something that's far more fun against other people than by yourself. As such, I've never found it to be all that interesting. (Kids aren't quite old enough to provide a good challenge.) Online support in Brawl probably helps, but competing with random people you can't interact with just isn't as interesting as having a room full of trash-talkn' friends. :)

Yeah, thats kind of what I figured. I am kind of in the same boat since my Wife played for about 5 minutes and decided she hated it. Oh well :( Up for trade it goes

I would want Brawl just for the online play. I have Melee and it's fun and I had great fun years ago with the first Smash Bros and a bunch of people. I was much younger then and it seems the only people that I know now have no interest in gaming, so I would have to play online as Melee is not much fun by yourself I will admit, so I would assume Brawl is probably no fun by itself either.

Playing those kind of games online without voice chat is just plain dull. Mario Strikers Charged was a very odd experience, for instance.

I've never really seen the point in Smash bros. I guess it works for the people who really care about Nintendo's characters, but they're just avatars to me.

there's just something about playing a human than AI even if there is no voice chat. Like for Mario Kart DS, yeah it gets boring real fast with 0 options, but the games are usually more fun than playing against the computer because of the randomness of human actions. I don't know, voice or no, I would still prefer human competition than AI competition.

Yeah, I gave smash bros a try for a few hours again but solo it just doesn't cut it. I was truly bored and was almost to the point where I was purposely doing bad just to end the game - lol

This game was just not for me so I sold it. I'm going to go pick up Super Paper Mario instead

Yeah, I gave smash bros a try for a few hours again but solo it just doesn't cut it. I was truly bored and was almost to the point where I was purposely doing bad just to end the game - lol

This game was just not for me so I sold it. I'm going to go pick up Super Paper Mario instead

Good luck with that - I found Super Paper Mario to be a fun game SEVERELY brought down by far too much text.

Good luck with that - I found Super Paper Mario to be a fun game SEVERELY brought down by far too much text.

Everyone seems to complain about that, but I actually didn't mind. Of course, I've been able to speed-read since I was a kid, so it may just be me. :ponder:

Everyone seems to complain about that, but I actually didn't mind. Of course, I've been able to speed-read since I was a kid, so it may just be me. :ponder:

I went in already hearing complaints about the wordiness and figured I wouldn't mind since I loved the DS Mario & Luigi games and the first 2 Paper Mario games, but I really found it made Super Paper drag way too much. If you can get past it though the gameplay is really imaginitive.

I've never really seen the point in Smash bros. I guess it works for the people who really care about Nintendo's characters, but they're just avatars to me.

Neither do I. I found nothing interesting in this one or the previous ones. I bought the GC one under duress for Christmastime party play when it came out.

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/v...mash-Bros-Brawl
Of course, you have to play through the game on single player to unlock half the f**king content

Thankfully, you can put your savegame on an SDCard and take it with you to a friend's house. Not quite a GCN memory card, but close enough. :)

One thing you can't do with a GCN card, though, is cheat like hell:

http://www.wiimedia.com/saves/

Just copy your saved game to an SDCard, open it with the Save Game Manager, and get a free "upgrade" before copying it back. :ponder: :D

Disclaimer: WiiMedia is associated with WiiNode which is associated with WiiCade which I am associated with, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. If you like me, feel free to use the tool. If you don't like me, use it anyway. I have no stake in it. :)

I haven't played the game since the week it came out. I was really disappointed on how poor the online play was. A good match for me was one with only 2 seconds of lag... If that got better I'm sure it'd be a better experience but I haven't got around to trying it yet.