IGNORED

player sprite question

atari2600land

One thing that would help is using less pixels. I mean, it looks like you're using more pixels in between the blank spots than the other sprite. I played around on a sprite editor, and even though it's not exactly right (especially the feet), I bet it isn't as tall as yours.

post-12524-1209540117_thumb.png

What I want to do is make the pixels smaller. If I use less pixels, the image would change. I think I read somewhere that there are 2 types of sprites on the 2600. What I want to do is change the sprite type to the one that has smaller & wider pixels. And yes, I've refined the image so it's better looking than the one on the first post.

Check out this post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1491964

You can take a screen shot of the guy in E.T. from the game or take a screen shot of him from Hack-O-Matic 3 and remove his colors to make a black and white image, use the program mentioned in that post, then use the sprite editor of Visual batari Basic to add the colors back in. You don't have to try to recreate graphics from games, you can get an exact duplicate of the shape.

The player is taller because bB actually uses double-height pixels for the player objects, while ET uses single-height pixels. The double-height pixels were used because it gives more time in the kernel for features such as the asymmetric playfield (which ET lacks.)