IGNORED

AtariAge 2600 Magnets

Albert

As many of you are aware, we produced a series of AtariAge 2600 magnets in time for our holiday sale last year. The magnets were created by Nathan Strum, and each of the seven designs features a different Atari 2600 console (Heavy Sixer, Sears Heavy Sixer, Light Sixer, Sears Light Sixer, Atari Foru Switch, Sears Four Switch, and Vader). Each is a distinctive color, and in each we are privy to what that system is thinking at the moment, "Real games only need one button" for instance).

Here is a picture of all seven magnets:

2600_magnets.jpg

I still have quite a few of these magnets available and I'm looking for ideas on how to get them into everyone's hands. I do include a random magnet with orders in the store, but the magnets have not been available to purchase separately. I will likely add them to the store, and I'm curious what people would pay for them (either individually or as a set). I'm also looking for creative ideas on how to give them to people, such as via a contest of sorts.

Thanks,

..Al

For those that are interested in collecting the set, maybe you could set something up like: 1 magnet with every $25 purchase. You could also allow the buyer to select which magnet(s) they would like to receive with their order.

I love the magnet that came with my TT order. I love the phrase "Real games only need 1 button." That's so true! :)

Edited by Deteacher

Perhaps the magnet could be used as an incentive for those who want to help fill the rarity guide's holes. There's the Activision and Parker Brothers game descriptions to fill up, and a lot of folks have game manuals and boxes they could scan.

Some of our moderaors sell their own products if I'm not mistaken. I've bought Missing in Action from Mitch, and CPUWIZ has the Atariservice products. Perhaps you could send them a some magnets to distribute with their orders If they're willing to. Hey, free advertisement for AtariAge!

It would be cool if one were included free with each homebrew. Letting the buyer choose the ones they need (subject to availability). This would be further encouragement to buy more homebrews :)

If you have tons left, I guess you could just sell them as sets or individually.

Heh... though the idea of including them one per $X of purchase is what I was going to suggest...

Well, that's what I did during the holiday sale, so I was hoping to do something a bit different. That could be a fallback position, though, and I probably would make them available separately and/or as a bundle as well. Not for $25 a set, though--that's way too much. :)

..Al

I want a friggin Atari Jr. magnet. :x :ponder:

That'll be in the next series, along with the Coleco Gemini, the 5200 VCS Adapter, and Intellivision System Changer. :)

..Al

Of course, there will be both large and small rainbow JR's? We can't forget about the Coleco Expansion module either. ;)

Well, the next Holiday Sale should be coming up in January or so. ;)

And they'll be shipped around April 2009. :ponder:

Man, you guys are ball breakers..

..Al

Hi Al

Do not care about.We all know,that you are very busy,but also very thrustable.There are other guys(you know him),where you can wait more than 6 months and nothing happens.This are guys,i am really angry about.

greetings Walter