IGNORED

NEW Game For Colecovision --- Mr. Chin---READY TO SHIP

Hi folks!

Mr. Chin for Colecovision, Originaly on the MSX... ;)

Just to let you know that I'm taking Pre-Order right now...

The Game is finished... We're testing right now... the game will be ready to ship in about 1 month :)

Mr. Chin includes professional offset printed box, manual and label

Price will be 55$ shipping include (North America) ---- Others add 5$

If you want your name on the reservation list, PM

Thanks

Edit: Price info.

post-11933-1210631774_thumb.png

Edited by retroillucid

Here's a quick demo :D

In this demo you can only finished the first level...

Please consider that the final game has improve a lot from this "old" demo :)

Anyway it's just to show you a bit ;)

Thanks guys

I subscribed to your youtube channel yesturday... i suppose. :)

Converting Mr.Chin to Coleco was also a project someone else wanted to do but had no real time to put much effort on it. Same thing for Sokoban I think.

Hi Retroillucid.

I've play your game via the demo.

It is a funny little game with a guy, that have to keep all the sticks running, with a dish on the top.

I will wait to order your game until it's done and ready for sale. :thumbsup:

To be honest, post-9873-1211014482.gif I go for games that was an early coin up in the good old days.

It's not a critic of your game or you, but games appeal better if you go for "arcadestyled" games. ;)

I would have done a Jay Leno joke instead. Low hanging fruit, you know.

At any rate, this should nicely fill the void left by Eduardo's departure from the homebrew scene. Any plans to convert the latter two Mr. Do! games? I imagine there would be plenty of collectors that would love to get their hands on ColecoVision versions of Mr. Do's Wild Ride and Super Pierrot! Eduardo didn't seem to think that Super Pierrot could be converted directly to the CV, though.

Eduardo didn't seem to think that Super Pierrot could be converted directly to the CV, though.

Don't know about ram usage, but one of the obstacles in Super Pierot is probably because it's a 1Mbit Megarom. Though, it looks like opcode also developed a bankswithching scheme (by reading certain addresses instead of writing to certain addresses in the rom).

From the HAL catalogue, I always liked Space Trouble a lot. Another very nice shooter is Polar Star by Micro Cabin. Both are early MSX releases, I can imagine they are suitable for porting to the Coleco.

I would have done a Jay Leno joke instead. Low hanging fruit, you know.

At any rate, this should nicely fill the void left by Eduardo's departure from the homebrew scene. Any plans to convert the latter two Mr. Do! games? I imagine there would be plenty of collectors that would love to get their hands on ColecoVision versions of Mr. Do's Wild Ride and Super Pierrot! Eduardo didn't seem to think that Super Pierrot could be converted directly to the CV, though.

Mr. Do's Wild Ride was already done by Steve Begin I think... But in VERY limited quantities...

So yes, I've already begin to work on Wild Ride... To be honest I've all the 1st level done graphically...

So I'm misssing the others level... If someone could help me on this PM... I'm using the MSX version...

I've done so much work on Bubble Bobble too, I think it could fit nicely in a colecovision cart ;)

I've talk about this with Pixelboy to release this game as an Opcode game... we'll see ;)

Mr. Do's Wild Ride was already done by Steve Begin I think... But in VERY limited quantities...

Wild Ride was never completely finished, and therefore never released on cartridge.

So we must release it as a fully playable :D

So much arcade games should be avalaible for colecovision... There's a plenty of good ones that should fit nicely in a colecovision cartridge... :ponder:

Wild Ride was never completely finished, and therefore never released on cartridge.

The actual rom file of CV Mr.Do Wildride is fully playable and "complete". I showed this game and some other ones many times during Arcadia and CCJVQ meetings. However, Steve didn't release it in cartridge yet because he want to take time to polish it and add the missing level.

Steve is a perfectionist, not only a machine of converting games... he is an artist (drawing and music) and a good programmer. And like many people around here, finding free time to relax and to continue projects is not so easy.

Edited by newcoleco

The actual rom file of CV Mr.Do Wildride is fully playable and "complete". I showed this game and some other ones many times during Arcadia and CCJVQ meetings. However, Steve didn't release it in cartridge yet because he want to take time to polish it and add the missing level.

Steve is a perfectionist, not only a machine of converting games... he is an artist (drawing and music) and a good programmer. And like many people around here, finding free time to relax and to continue projects is not so easy.

He has converted this game from the MSX version?

I've all redone from scratch using the Arcade version... Look much better than the MSX one...

Anyway I don't think Steve has not release any of his project so widely.. Penguin Land, Lode Runner... Think of it... Limited release is not so great for collector's like us (beside the Original Games)... Many people want penguin land... How we'are supposed to buy it? contact the author? There's not anything on this forum to help us...

I understand the fact that maybe he don't have time for all this... but if we can buy his games...

He should at least share the roms with us... If not, then we should converted these games and release them to collector's who wants them... :)

Edited by retroillucid

I've all redone from scratch using the Arcade version... Look much better than the MSX one...

He do conversions from the SG1000 versions... but always by changing graphics a little bit like what he did for Penguin Land and Lode Runner.

Anyway I don't think Steve has not release any of his project so widely.. Penguin Land, Lode Runner... Think of it... Limited release is not so great for collector's like us (beside the Original Games)... Many people want penguin land... How we'are supposed to buy it? contact the author? There's not anything on this forum to help us...

It's true that Steve has enough cartridges, pcbs and eproms to release a good batch of Penguin Land or any of his other projects. But he seems to prefer selling to people who contact him personally to keep a control on his production. Also, for some reasons, Steve prefer to keep is ressources for the new releases (Mr.Do WildRide, Wizard Siege (original creation), and two more), but free time is missing to finish the projects.

Please note that I can't take any orders for his games, you really have to contact him. I know that Pixelboy contacted him by email last year without any problem.

I understand the fact that maybe he don't have time for all this... but if we can buy his games...

He should at least share the roms with us... If not, then we should converted these games and release them to collector's who wants them... :)

Steve, like some other homebrewers, prefer to release only in cartridge format of his game projects.

Another thing you should know about Steve, is that he doesn't want producing widely cartridges of conversions, and the reason is the copyrights laws. Every homebrew games, even if programmed from scratch, because we release them as wellknow commercial games, it's illegal. Atari did apply this law to games published by AtariAge. Because of that fear of being compared as a hacker, Steve prefer to limit the distribution to his closest friends and the collectors who contact him directly. This also explain why he didn't sell widely his games.

Edited by newcoleco

He do conversions from the SG1000 versions... but always by changing graphics a little bit like what he did for Penguin Land and Lode Runner.

Steve told me (in person, at the 2005 Arcadia Festival) that it was the MSX version of Wild Ride that he ported to the CV. But it's true that he ports mostly SG-1000 games. SG-1000 games are easier to port because they all use 1K of RAM.

It's true that Steve has enough cartridges, pcbs and eproms to release a good batch of Penguin Land or any of his other projects. But he seems to prefer selling to people who contact him personally to keep a control on his production. Also, for some reasons, Steve prefer to keep is ressources for the new releases (Mr.Do WildRide, Wizard Siege (original creation), and two more), but free time is missing to finish the projects.

Please note that I can't take any orders for his games, you really have to contact him. I know that Pixelboy contacted him by email last year without any problem.

Steve, like some other homebrewers, prefer to release only in cartridge format of his game projects.

Another thing you should know about Steve, is that he doesn't want producing widely cartridges of conversions, and the reason is the copyrights laws. Every homebrew games, even if programmed from scratch, because we release them as wellknow commercial games, it's illegal. Atari did apply this law to games published by AtariAge. Because of that fear of being compared as a hacker, Steve prefer to limit the distribution to his closest friends and the collectors who contact him directly. This also explain why he didn't sell widely his games.

Last I heard, Steve had pretty much retired from the CV homebrew scene. Heck, he never even bothered to thank me for the custom box I sent him last Christmas.

Here's what me & with the help of Pixelboy have do

Left to right: The Arcade Version, MSX Version & Our Colecovision Version.... ;)

post-11933-1211425058_thumb.png

Left to right: The Arcade Version, MSX Version & Our Colecovision Version.... ;)

Looks good. You have used the ColecoVision's graphical capabilities well, especially considering that the MSX better than the CV hardware-wise.

Philipp

Looks good. You have used the ColecoVision's graphical capabilities well, especially considering that the MSX better than the CV hardware-wise.

Philipp

Thanks. :) retroillucid did most of the work here, I just fixed a few tiles with triple-color errors, and optimized a few tiles placements. I also had black pixels around the cherries, which made the cherries stand out from the background, but retroillucid removed them. No biggie. :)

Philipp

Thanks. :) retroillucid did most of the work here, I just fixed a few tiles with triple-color errors, and optimized a few tiles placements. I also had black pixels around the cherries, which made the cherries stand out from the background, but retroillucid removed them. No biggie. :)

Screenshots look very impressive. I like the fact that you haven't done a straight copy of the MSX graphics but have tried to recreate the arcade graphics as best as you can - nice job. Very excited that you both are keeping Opcode alive and in particular are helping keep the CV homebrew scene alive - thanks.

Screenshots look very impressive. I like the fact that you haven't done a straight copy of the MSX graphics but have tried to recreate the arcade graphics as best as you can - nice job. Very excited that you both are keeping Opcode alive and in particular are helping keep the CV homebrew scene alive - thanks.

Thanks, As I said... I'll EVER be there for the Colecovision homebrew scene... I want to make quality games for quality fans ;)

I hope Wild Ride will be release by the end of summer, I think Super Action Hockey will be release this summer... here's a quick list of my games "Under Graphics Development"

- Super Action Hockey (almost Complete)

- Super Action Golf

- Super Action Racing (Almost Complete)

- Mr. Do's Wild Ride (Almost Complete)

- Side Trak (Complete)

- Rip Cord (Complete)

- Into The Void (Original Game)

- Bubble Bobble

I have to hire another programmer... If you're interested in programming our games... I'm

offering $$$ for programming.... Please PM

Thanks, As I said... I'll EVER be there for the Colecovision homebrew scene... I want to make quality games for quality fans ;)

I hope Wild Ride will be release by the end of summer, I think Super Action Hockey will be release this summer... here's a quick list of my games "Under Graphics Development"

- Super Action Hockey (almost Complete)

- Super Action Golf

- Super Action Racing (Almost Complete)

- Mr. Do's Wild Ride (Almost Complete)

- Side Trak (Complete)

- Rip Cord (Complete)

- Into The Void (Original Game)

- Bubble Bobble

I have to hire another programmer... If you're interested in programming our games... I'm

offering $$$ for programming.... Please PM

I'm excited about EVERYTHING, but particularly about the mysterious "Super Action Racing", as there are criminally too few racing games for the platform. Will it support the steering wheel or just the regular/super action controllers? Any screenshots?