IGNORED

can krokodile carts be found

pinelands

As far as I know there are not going to be anymore Krokodile carts produced. There is no set price, its whatever they go for. That being said I would expect they are more in demand now and therefore will go for more. $130 - $150 sounds fair to me, but then again too you also have to wait for someone willing to give up theirs. I know I'd rather eat broken glass then sell mine.

A Cuttle Cart 2 will at least cost you that much too.

I've searched high and low for a Krokodile as well to no avail. The Chimera is a project that is under development that may suit your needs. It promises to be a cartridge with many uses among which is the ability to load .a26 images onto a microSD card. That's how I understand it anyway. You can search the forums here for more info. It's a project with huge potential!

... Foster

I've searched high and low for a Krokodile as well to no avail. The Chimera is a project that is under development that may suit your needs. It promises to be a cartridge with many uses among which is the ability to load .a26 images onto a microSD card. That's how I understand it anyway. You can search the forums here for more info. It's a project with huge potential!

I use a PNY 2GB Secure Digital Memory Card in my Kodak digital camera and it is very easy to use. Just pop it into the front of my PC and use it like any folder on my computer. If that microSD card is smaller than my SD card, I hope I can get an adapter and I also hope that the microSD card is just as easy to use as my SD card.

Thanks for the plug. I can't yet promise Chimera will be released but I'd say the odds have never been higher. And the pricepoint looks to be somewhere between $40-50, which is a lot more affordable than a Krok or Cuttle.

If you release it and it's even easier to get games from my computer to my Atari 2600 than a Krok cart, I'll try to buy two Chimeras so I can have one in my bedroom and the other in the living room.

If that microSD card is smaller than my SD card, I hope I can get an adapter and I also hope that the microSD card is just as easy to use as my SD card.

They're tiny - pinky fingernail sized. And many do come with an SD adapter.

Thanks. Do they work just like an SD card (as easy to use as any folder on your computer)?

If that microSD card is smaller than my SD card, I hope I can get an adapter and I also hope that the microSD card is just as easy to use as my SD card.

They're tiny - pinky fingernail sized. And many do come with an SD adapter.

Thanks. Do they work just like an SD card (as easy to use as any folder on your computer)?

Works the same, just smaller.

Works the same, just smaller.

Thanks. That's good news. Looks like Chimera might be much easier to use than a Krok cart. I'm glad I have a Krok cart, but being able to just pop in a microSD card will be even better. Dragging the Krok cart over to the PC, plugging it in, plugging in the cable, then trying to remember how to download the games since the interface is a little odd isn't rocket science, but it's not quite as quick and easy as I'd like it to be. If I could quickly plop the latest version of my bB program on an microSD card and run it over to the Atari, I'd be more likely to test my bB programs on a real Atari 2600.

I hope Chimera will be released because that seems like my kind of product.

I'm looking forward to your Chimera project's completion,.. MOS. ;) I really hope you release it. :) :cool:

I would love to have a CuttleCart I or II. Although it would be cool to have a CC1 specifically for my beautiful Atari H6er, I suppose a CC2 would be even more useful as it could do both 2600 & 7800 roms, but I can't use it with my H6er. I think the CC2 is more in demand, because it can do both rom sets.

A Krokodile cart would be awesome, it's for use with a 2600, right? I just missed the release of the last batch when Kroko & Al were selling them for around $100. They are worth a small fortune now, one Kroko cart recently sold on ebay for around $415.00 US dollars. A grip of green for sure. :)

Edited by ovalbugmann

If I could quickly plop the latest version of my bB program on an microSD card and run it over to the Atari, I'd be more likely to test my bB programs on a real Atari 2600.

Sneakernet is fine if you are developing a game for traditional banking formats, since you can do iterative testing with emulators. However, when writing for Chimera Native, people are going to have to test every build on the real thing. So there will be a way to kind of use your PC as a serial fileserver.

Edited by mos6507

If I could quickly plop the latest version of my bB program on an microSD card and run it over to the Atari, I'd be more likely to test my bB programs on a real Atari 2600.

Sneakernet is fine if you are developing a game for traditional banking formats, since you can do iterative testing with emulators. However, when writing for Chimera Native, people are going to have to test every build on the real thing. So there will be a way to kind of use your PC as a serial fileserver.

Cool. I'll have my fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed, hoping that it will be released.

That's a bummer that some people apparently just bought the Krokodile cart to resell a few months later. Would the Chimera be a limited release? I would hope not as people would probably do the same thing.

If you try to make your own games or you just like having all of your favorite games right there ready to play without needing to look through a box or a wall of cartridges, seems like it would be worth keeping, even if you could sell it for $500.

I'm looking forward to your Chimera project's completion,.. MOS. ;) I really hope you release it. :) :cool:

I would love to have a CuttleCart I or II. Although it would be cool to have a CC1 specifically for my beautiful Atari H6er, I suppose a CC2 would be even more useful as it could do both 2600 & 7800 roms, but I can't use it with my H6er. I think the CC2 is more in demand, because it can do both rom sets.

A Krokodile cart would be awesome, it's for use with a 2600, right? I just missed the release of the last batch when Kroko & Al were selling them for around $100. They are worth a small fortune now, one Kroko cart recently sold on ebay for around $415.00 US dollars. A grip of green for sure. :)

$415???!! I'd definitely be willing to sell mine for that much money.

Bill

Why so complicated? Add a Bluetooth interface to the cart!

So instead of using a serial or USB cable or transporting some memory sticks or cart, just communicate wireless. :love:

I love my Krok, but $415 ! ?

If that is true, that would almost be impossible to say no to.

I can't believe that is true.

And if it is, it was probably a fluke auction. Bidding war gone nuts or something.

Would the Chimera be a limited release? I would hope not as people would probably do the same thing.

It's limited in the sense that I'm only personally distributing one batch of carts. But I intend on fully saturating the current market and if another party steps forward, they can make more. Finished homebrews written for the Supercharger or Chimera Native will need to be shipped on the embedded version of this cart. The logistics of that haven't been worked out, but assuming AA is cool with handling that variation of Chimera, then it will help get more into the wild since they will all use the same PCB and depending on what's populated on the board you'll be able to have them double as a multicart.

I love my Krok, but $415 ! ?

If that is true, that would almost be impossible to say no to.

I can't believe that is true.

And if it is, it was probably a fluke auction. Bidding war gone nuts or something.

I was just thinking that same thing.

I'd be willing to go emulation at that price :)

I don't recall a krok going for that amount either.

A CC2... yes. But I don't remember the Krok for that.

But like others above, if it was true, I'd sell mine! LOL Although, it is supposed to be the driving force behind my Atari Project. That alone makes me want to keep it.