IGNORED

Nominate your titles for the Summer Shodown and choose the format.

Rhindle The Red

Nominate your titles for the Summer Shodown and choose the format.  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a single or double elimination tournament?

• Single
    • Double
    • Don't care

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Well, I know I've been neglecting the "Poll of the Week", but it's time to get this year's tournament going.

So, people seem to want game titles again, so that's what we're doing. The only thing to decide is who's playing and what type of tournament.

Now, I'm partial to a double elimination tournament because we haven't done that before. But if there's an overwhelming demand for single elimination tournament, we'll do that.

The Rules: PLEASE READ before posting:

But for now, it's time for the nomination process. In order to guarantee a wide variety, the only requirement is that the title in question have been released before 1990. (That date is a convenient cutoff. It could shift if a good argument could be made, but it's as good as any.) Region is no object; a Japanese release is good enough to qualify. Arcade and computer titles are fine.

Everyone can nominate a total of three titles, each from a different system. You need to specify the title *and* the system. I'll figure out the cutoff point and the number of nominations for each title will determine the seeding. This time, I'll let someone else take the lead and nominate first. I'll pipe in later.

Fantastic Voyage - Atari 2600

UFO! - Odyssey 2

Defender - Colecovision

NOTE: Could everybody please read the rules before posting. The games must have been released before 1990. Anything Jaguar is out and Super Mario Bros 3 was released on the NES in 1990. Also you may nominate 1 game per system with a total of 3 games. (It might be just me but I would count Hackey Sack as just California Games and not break it up)

Edited by theking21083

UFO! - Odyssey 2

Defender - Colecovision

NOTE: Could everybody please read the rules before posting. The games must have been released before 1990. Anything Jaguar is out and Super Mario Bros 3 was released on the NES in 1990. Also you may nominate 1 game per system with a total of 3 games. (It might be just me but I would count Hackey Sack as just California Games and not break it up)

Sory about the more than 3 games, but my copy of SMB 3 says copyright 1988 (though it was not released until 1990, but it was released in 1988 in japan)

My updated list:

2600:

Indy 500

NES:

SMB 3 (If it does not count, then I chose the original SMB)

UFO! - Odyssey 2

Defender - Colecovision

Sory about the more than 3 games, but my copy of SMB 3 says copyright 1988 (though it was not released until 1990, but it was released in 1988 in japan)

My updated list:

2600:

Indy 500

NES:

SMB 3 (If it does not count, then I chose the original SMB)

Which is exactly why I bolded the word NES. I might just be anal but Famicom is a different system then the NES.

NOTE: Could everybody please read the rules before posting. The games must have been released before 1990. Anything Jaguar is out

Yes, the Jag is out.

Also you may nominate 1 game per system with a total of 3 games. (It might be just me but I would count Hackey Sack as just California Games and not break it up)

Correct. A total of 3 games, each from different systems. And I intended to count that as California Games.

Which is exactly why I bolded the word NES. I might just be anal but Famicom is a different system then the NES.

Yes, the Famicom is different than the NES. That's why SMB3 *can* be nominated for the Famicom. I didn't put any kind of region restrictions on the nominees. "Region is no object."

Could "Arcade" count as a system? :ponder:

Sure. And computers.

And, please, everyone *try* to nominate three titles. I want as large a list as we can get. I'm going to run this nomination process for a while, so we may end up with a *lot* of titles, but that's what will make this one interesting. If there aren't enough nominations per title to do a seeding based soley on that, I'll deal with it at that time.