IGNORED

Lost Jaguar protos?

retrogeek

I was searching the internet for Jaguar related material and came across this website:

Lost Jaguar Protos

Maybe this site is known by most people here but I decided to post it anyway. Interestingly enough, there is 3 pages (with photos) of lost Jaguar protos. Some of them look good!

Edited by retrogeek

Cool sight, a lot of those games have been released in some form of another. I wish Conan, Tiny Toons, and Realm of Fighters would of made it further in developement because they all look like my type of games.

Conan looks impressive! The graphic style reminds me of the AD&D series by Capcom. Thea Realm Fighters looks really good too!

Conan (Jaguar)

conan1.jpg

Thea Realm Fighters (Jaguar)

trf2.jpg

trf.jpg

Edited by retrogeek

Thea Realm fighters is out there only partially finished and will almost certainly never be released cause of liscensing issues. A Tiny Toons proto and a Vitual VSC proto both exist, Conan is lost and only 1 level was completed IIRC,there are many games that are lost and many that are finished and unreleased like the 7 Telegames that will never see the light of day..... :(

Thea Realm fighters is out there only partially finished and will almost certainly never be released cause of liscensing issues. A Tiny Toons proto and a Vitual VSC proto both exist, Conan is lost and only 1 level was completed IIRC,there are many games that are lost and many that are finished and unreleased like the 7 Telegames that will never see the light of day..... :(

What 7 Telegames are you talking about?

powerslide,cricket,braingames,james pond,virtuoso, superoff road,and a soccer game i believe,the list is on JSII,however there were rumored to be almost 40 games in the works from Telegames....because a few of them didnt sell good enough they wont release anymore. :(

Thea Realm fighters is out there only partially finished and will almost certainly never be released cause of liscensing issues.

I figured. Just out of curiousity, what are the licensing issues?

royalties are the problem,Virtuoso is done ,but requires $7 royalties is what i heard,it isnt considered profitable for them. :( , and although the game sucks id still buy 3 copies! :D ,there is a long list of unreleased Jaguar games...

powerslide,cricket,braingames,james pond,virtuoso, superoff road,and a soccer game i believe,the list is on JSII,however there were rumored to be almost 40 games in the works from Telegames....because a few of them didnt sell good enough they wont release anymore. :(

James Pond :-o

James Pond :-o

:cool:

That "sparq" guy in Thea Realm fighters looks EXACTLY like AC Current from "Tattoo Assassins". Wow, to rip off THAT game...:)

All the actors used for the digitized characters in Thea Realm Fighters were actually the same actors used for the Mortal Kombat games. So if 'Tattoo Assassins' has a guy that looks exact...did it use those actors too?

So Telegames would of continued their 16 bit ports or would these of been new games if Worms and Pong 2000 would of sold more units, wonder what break even was, I would think it would be possible if they presued it on E-bay.

not sure,but they would have sold the Alpine with Ultimate Brain Games for like $10k,atleast that what i was told by a reliable source,during his phone conversation to Telegames. They got more 16-bit ports that id love to have! :D

So Telegames would of continued their 16 bit ports or would these of been new games if Worms and Pong 2000 would of sold more units, wonder what break even was, I would think it would be possible if they presued it on E-bay.

not sure,but they would have sold the Alpine with Ultimate Brain Games for like $10k,atleast that what i was told by a reliable source,during his phone conversation to Telegames. They got more 16-bit ports that id love to have! :D

So I would need to sell about 125 units of each game selling at ($80 on a website/ paying $40 a cart to make the limited amount of games) to break even. This is assuming the cose is complete and ready to go. Then every game after the 125 mark is profit. My guess is that their is an opportunity to sell 200 carts (worldwide)of a new Jag game at the $80 pop (I am probably being very optomistic w/ this #)....If my #'s are correct and I am still paying $40 or less to produce each cart, advertising would be non excistant if I could sell my 200 copies of each game (the profit would be around the $6K mark).

This being very optomistic and guessing that their is still a market for new Jag Games no matter what titles I release.

But for an enterpeneuer that had a little $$ to expirement w.

What do you think?

So I would need to sell about 125 units of each game selling at ($80 on a website/ paying $40 a cart to make the limited amount of games) to break even. This is assuming the cose is complete and ready to go. Then every game after the 125 mark is profit. My guess is that their is an opportunity to sell 200 carts (worldwide)of a new Jag game at the $80 pop (I am probably being very optomistic w/ this #)....If my #'s are correct and I am still paying $40 or less to produce each cart, advertising would be non excistant if I could sell my 200 copies of each game (the profit would be around the $6K mark).

This being very optomistic and guessing that their is still a market for new Jag Games no matter what titles I release.

But for an enterpeneuer that had a little $$ to expirement w.

What do you think?

It would be interesting to know what kind of sales numbers Songbird has had with it's titles and how many of the telegames releases were sold. My out of the blue guess would be an average couple hundred copies each sold of the Songbird games, total over the decade or so Songbird has existed. And maybe in the hundreds to a few thousand for Telegames, only becuase they were released when there was still a vastly larger audience then by the time Songbird came along. I would imagine IS2 was the largest seller between all Songbird and Telegames games, but still probably only a couple thousand sold at best.

I think it would be more worth it for someone like you, or Songbird who have less overhead and are only one person instead of a company like Telegames where they would want a minimum of thousands of sales for each game for them to consider it worthwhile. They aren't Atari fans too, like you and Carl Forhan.

I'd venture that you may sell your 200 games, in time, but you may not see a profit for years. I'm sure that 50-100 would sell almost immediately, but then slow to a trickle over a few years to reach the 200 mark. Assuming the game is good, too, of course, if it's something that only hard-core collectors would be interested in then 50-100 would probably be the limit in sales altogether.

These games are Genny and SNES quality in the graphics department.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The only way they say Jag is by screaming 'cheap port' look

Doesn't matter, we all know Buddies buys twenty of anything. :D

Then he'll probably hate my policy of one to a customer. Just a step

to keep the e-whores at bay in the hopes that they might think twice

about selling it realizing they may never get another copy again.

We need more CD players. That would help big time right there.

We need more CD players. That would help big time right there.

Absolutely!!! :!: :!:

Although I already have one, I would also see that other Jaguar users can buy a CD unit, or someone has to come up with ha home made kit using standard IDE CD drives, if thats possible...