IGNORED

Yoomp Boxes and version 1.1

eru

Dear Atari Fans,

I'm happy to announce we have finally completed the preparations for the official release of Yoomp version 1.1. It includes the NTSC version, level access codes, and some minor changes.

You can get it in two ways.

First, you can buy a box with the game at http://buy.yoomp.atari.pl . Go there to read the details on what is inside, and how can you buy it.

You can also download a free version of it from http://yoomp.atari.pl . The free version is the same as the box version.

With this setup, we provide anyone with the possibility to play the new version. If you would like to show your appreciation, please buy a box version. Keep in mind, that we don't really make a profit on the box version. Preparing the entire box content in this small number of copies was actually pretty expensive. If you want something special, or you really want to support the authors, consider buying the Collector's Edition.

I'll be happy to answer any questions - please ask them here, in forums.

Happy Yoomping!

eru

Absolutely fantastic! Congratulations, the tape / disk / cart and box etc look fantastic. I have sent a PM with a buy request. It's good that such a great new game is getting a 'real' release.

Thanks for all the hard work making this guys.

Thanks for all the nice words, and all buy/bid requests. We appreciate it, really. We put a lot of effort into this project, trying to make it something unique.

Some updates.

I was told that the auction rules are hard/unclear. To make it a bit easier/faster, I added the possibility to provide your initial bid in the original message - then you don't have to do any bidding yourself, if you don't want to.

Also, I cleared up some minor things on the front page (that SE and CE have *the same* content).

Finally, I would like people to read the website carefully. For example, we won't start sending the packages until we collect all the orders in the period before June 22nd.

Edited by eru

Totally smoking!!! I sent my request. How cool is it to purchase a NEW RELEASE for the 8bit??? I feel like I just walked into a Federated store in '84 and walked out with the new cool game in hand!! That and just getting my new MIO, who says Atari 8bits are dead???? I extend a huge THANK YOU to all out there involved in keeping our Atari's alive and kickin'. Eru, I look forward to your next release.

This new version freezes on my real PAL Atari. Boot is OK as well ask depack but the game doesn't start. Didn't you change stereo detection routine?

F.

Woow :(

We tested it hundreds of times, really... and it's PAL? What kind of hardware do you have? Any weird modifications?

:_(

I got some feedback from Seban, that some stereo extensions in Slovakia/Czech Republic have a problem of incorrectly connected IRQ with the second POKEY. I hope he will be able to explain this in more detail.

I would like to announce that the first 25 copies are SOLD OUT.

Thanks to all that ordered. Unfortunately, not all people will receive a copy. I will send out notification emails soon (hopefully tomorrow).

We are surprised to see that hardly anybody decided to participate in the auction for the Collector's Edition (one person already placed a bid, one is planning to). If it stays like this, we will consider doing something else with it. We understand the auction system might seem a bit complicated, and we're considering what to do about it. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks to all that ordered. Unfortunately, not all people will receive a copy. I will send out notification emails soon (hopefully tomorrow).

We are surprised to see that hardly anybody decided to participate in the auction for the Collector's Edition (one person already placed a bid, one is planning to). If it stays like this, we will consider doing something else with it. We understand the auction system might seem a bit complicated, and we're considering what to do about it. Any suggestions are welcome.

Put them on EBAY. Then put a link to the EBAY auction from your webpage. A second option would be to sell them through the ATARI AGE store, or VIDEO 61...

After they are all sold, I think you should just post all the artwork on here in photoshop or corel formats so people (who want to) can print their own boxes, labels, etc..

I personally loved the game.. But I do not collect boxes.. I barely have room for all the hardware (And a few original HARDWARE boxes)... Theres no way I could store the boxes for all the software I have.. I also do not have fond memories of cassete drives. I really have no use for a cassete copy of the game. A smaller package including just the cart and/or floppy with a small manual/brochure would make more sense for me, if I was going to buy something.

Im not saying that the DELUXE COLLECTOR packages are a bad idea.. I'm just saying that offering several incremental "packages" to fit the buyers wants/needs might generate a better response..

Lastly, I would like to say that Yoomp is probably the best non-commercially developed game Ive ever seen. If I was you, I would not be too disapointed just because you didnt sell out in one day... There are ALOT of atari collectors out there that don't check the forumns on a daily basis.. And more people are getting into (or back into) atari collecting every day.. You will definitely sell every copy you have (and more if you make them)..

I feel about the same. Not to put a damper on such a great release, but I'm a gamer not a collector. I enjoy playing the game in emulation but I'd like to play it on a real Atari. The thing is I'd rather just buy a copy of the game on cart then have all three formats and boxes and manuals, etc.

Just my 2 cents....

Dear Atari Fans,

I'm happy to announce we have finally completed the preparations for the official release of Yoomp version 1.1. It includes the NTSC version, level access codes, and some minor changes.

You can get it in two ways.

First, you can buy a box with the game at http://buy.yoomp.atari.pl . Go there to read the details on what is inside, and how can you buy it.

You can also download a free version of it from http://yoomp.atari.pl . The free version is the same as the box version.

With this setup, we provide anyone with the possibility to play the new version. If you would like to show your appreciation, please buy a box version. Keep in mind, that we don't really make a profit on the box version. Preparing the entire box content in this small number of copies was actually pretty expensive. If you want something special, or you really want to support the authors, consider buying the Collector's Edition.

I'll be happy to answer any questions - please ask them here, in forums.

Happy Yoomping!

eru

Looks like you are out of stock. Please let me know if any more copies become available (I'm not interested in bidding for one.)

Thanks!

I missed these, I would be happy to buy a boxed cart from you. Pleeezee!

I personally have never gone for the collector's edition when the same package exists for a cheaper price. If it's a choice of box/no box I do prefer the box, but I prefer to just buy outright and not fool around with some auction. I suppose the collector's editions could very well sell for the same price as the standard edition, but in an auction format there are no guarantees.

I also thought the auction process seemed a bit too complicated, and not knowing the immediate outcome vs buying the standard edition, well I would rather take the easiest route. I think ebay would be good for a couple of these collectors editions if they aren't sold out. Much more exposure there I would think.

Hi!

This new version freezes on my real PAL Atari. Boot is OK as well ask depack but the game doesn't start. Didn't you change stereo detection routine?

Some time ago on Atari Area forums we talk about it. In that time You have connected the second POKEY IRQ pin. Did you disconnect this PIN? It should not be connected. The IRQ pin of second POKEY must be not connected to anywhere.

We talked about it here: http://atariarea.krap.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4233

with greetings

Sebastian Igielski (a.k.a. Seban/SLIGHT)

Hi!

Some time ago on Atari Area forums we talk about it. In that time You have connected the second POKEY IRQ pin. Did you disconnect this PIN? It should not be connected. The IRQ pin of second POKEY must be not connected to anywhere.

We talked about it here: http://atariarea.krap.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4233

with greetings

Sebastian Igielski (a.k.a. Seban/SLIGHT)

Yes, you're right. It's a problem with my stereo upgrade. I have totally forgotten we have discussed it years ago.

F.

Dear all,

As you have read above, the Standard Edition of Yoomp! is SOLD OUT. Initially, there was very little interest in the auction for the Collector's Edition, but the things slowly start rolling. Hence, we will continue with the process. If there are some copies left, we might consider selling them on ebay later. Keep in mind, that people participating in the ongoing auction will get the lowest (best) numbers.

In the meantime, I have sent a notification to all the people applying for the SE copy, both the lucky 25, as well as those that were too late. If you didn't get a message from me, please contact me with a PM.

Regards,

eru