IGNORED

Gentlemen, time to upgrade the insurance policy...

Pant Load

... because we are sittin' pretty. Screw gold, invest in Atari. Print this out and wave it at your wife the next time she gives you crap for wasting money on your childish toy-collecting hobby. This is an solid investment:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 260250057101 boxed Yar's Revenge: $31

That's a 600% profit increase if you bought this for the $5 it was worth last week.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 260250054282 boxed Video Pinball: $35

That's a 1100% profit increase if you bought this for the $3 it was worth last week.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 260250046345 boxed Star Raiders: $38

That's a 400%+ profit increase if you bought this for the $9 it was worth last week.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 260250050776 boxed Vanguard: $24

That's a 800% profit increase if you bought this for the $3 it was worth last week.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 260250052074 boxed Video Chess: $21

That's a 400% profit increase if you bought this for the $5 it was worth last week.

It just goes on and on: Big money! Big prizes!

People who sell on eBay take note: there is no coinsidence that this guy charges $3 to ship a game and is raking in big money on his auctions. eBay buyers are sick of being screwed over on shipping, and they will, I firmly believe, spend $10 more on an auction final price to save $2 on shipping.

I had bids riding on several of those auctions, most didn't make the cut. Some of those bids are ridiculous! But it takes two on ebay and apparently there were some hungry bidders. The number of auctions they had up at one time like that & the low pricing really helped them out with the bidding frenzy. I wonder what kind of shipping that is though for $3 and what sort of packaging?

I've recently received a few games from sellers through media mail (which can be a disaster if it get inspected) Sometimes those cheaper shipping prices can come back and bite you in the butt. Sure shipping was only $3 but if you have to pay an extra $3 to the post office to retrieve your package from the upcharge to Priority, or it gets inspected and mysteriously disappears from the box and you wind up with an empty package. Then the cheaper shipping doesn't look so good. :/

are we sure these are not some shill bidders?

anyone want to confess to buying these? :ponder:

Rick

Actually I don't think this is shill bidders. Most ratings in the hundreds. I do believe however that these are noob bidders in the world of Atari. The semi rare boxed stuff like Pitfall II, and Fathom are actually going for less than some of the more common stuff.

Rick

Actually I don't think this is shill bidders. Most ratings in the hundreds. I do believe however that these are noob bidders in the world of Atari. The semi rare boxed stuff like Pitfall II, and Fathom are actually going for less than some of the more common stuff.

not just hundreds but MANY hundreds (almost thousand in one case) can you point out many other sellers that are getting these HIGH prices for boxed very common games? smells fishy if you ask me!

Rick

Rick

not just hundreds but MANY hundreds (almost thousand in one case) can you point out many other sellers that are getting these HIGH prices for boxed very common games? smells fishy if you ask me!

Rick

I agree it seems weird, but why would a person with ratings in the hundreds risk getting caught shilling an auction. There are 3 or 4 different people who are the primary winners. Why shill like this when it means paying $100 in fees? Yeah, I don't really know what is going on. I do know the the Atari movie has made some huge headlines recently. In the comic book world when a comic is announced that it is going to be made into a movie, the comic book prices shoot through the roof. As far as anything else like this, I do remember that there was a guy about 2 years ago who had a similar auction like this where he sold box after box after box one right after another. He seemed to do pretty well. I remember Frogger boxed and Donkey Kong boxed went for a ton of money in that auction.

I do think there should be a wait and see approach to stuff like this. Now we need to know if this is a fluke or not. Only time will tell. If common boxed games continue to go for extreme prices over the next month or so, then we can say there is an actual trend instead of a fluke one day occurance.

I bought the Tunnel Runner, but I REALLY wanted the Tunnel Runner.

I probaby went about $5.00 too high, but hey, sometimes you just gotta say screw it.

Plus I have been searching for about 6 months and this is the first boxed one I have seen.

I was going to go for Fathom too, but that was ridiculous.

On the other hand, my box collection is now worth 70 gazzillion dollars according to these prices so

I can afford it. :ponder:

Edited by therealred5

I have noiced that in the last few month prices for sealed games increased for 20%. It looks that a lot of guys are entering

the collection market!

It's not a game until you play it. :P Until then, it's a sealed box containing some stuff (hopefully not a mis-boxed Combat and the instructions for E.T.!).

I have noiced that in the last few month prices for sealed games increased for 20%. It looks that a lot of guys are entering

the collection market!

It's not a game until you play it. :P Until then, it's a sealed box containing some stuff (hopefully not a mis-boxed Combat and the instructions for E.T.!).

A game is still a game regardless of whether its played same as a car is a car regardless of whether its driven. The question is does the box contain what (i.e. the game) you think it does?