IGNORED

1978 6 switch Sunnyvale

Mameguy

Hello,

It says that most of the second generation 6 switch no heavy sixer models were made overseas. Just wondering what percentage of these were made in Sunnyvale and if they are particularly rare or slightly more collectable.

Thanks

I don't think there is any extra collect ability to them. If you sell it you might want to advertise it as a rare light sixer version. It might add $5 to the sell on a good day. I have a rare Taiwan Heavy Sixer and those seem to go for about the same price as a heavy sixer. Maybe in 10 years in the community is more informed about rarities like this there will be some demand.

I don't think there is any extra collect ability to them. If you sell it you might want to advertise it as a rare light sixer version. It might add $5 to the sell on a good day. I have a rare Taiwan Heavy Sixer and those seem to go for about the same price as a heavy sixer. Maybe in 10 years in the community is more informed about rarities like this there will be some demand.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case. I was just happy to find it at a garage sale with some games, controllers, and some instruction booklets for only $5. I knew the corners were not rounded enough to be a real heavy sixer, but then when it said manufactured in Sunnyvale, it sparked my curiousity.

Anyone ever come across a Sunnyvale 4-switch unit? I found one at a garage sale this weekend for $5. Didn't know these existed. :cool:

The promotional versions of the 4-switch woodgrain console were made in Sunnyvale but I don't know if any standard retail units were.

Nice, so I should keep this one then? :D

Anyone ever come across a Sunnyvale 4-switch unit? I found one at a garage sale this weekend for $5. Didn't know these existed. :cool:

The promotional versions of the 4-switch woodgrain console were made in Sunnyvale but I don't know if any standard retail units were.

I have a 4 switch made in Sunnyvale. It's not stamped with the "for promotional use only" or whatever that marking is. It does have a "032" (photoshopped the brightness up for visibility) stamped into the base, but nothing else noteworthy that I can find. It has a decent RF video output, if I remember right.

post-12370-1214323284_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigO