IGNORED

The Great Atari ST Game Survey

Hi folks!

If you've had any experience of gaming on the Atari ST then I need your help!

I'm planning to compile a list of the greatest Atari ST games of all time. Featuring not just commercial classics, but also homebrew greats and PD gems - anything goes! Rather than just pick my own list - which would be much easier, if a little autocratic - I thought I would try and guage the opinions of as many people as possible i.e. you lot!

Here's what I need to know: Your top 5 Atari ST games, in order. The points gained for each game will be as follows:

1st - 5 points

2nd - 4 points

3rd - 3 points

4th - 2 points

5th - 1 point

I plan to then collate the scores in at least a top 20, hopefully a top 50, and maybe even a top 100 depending on the number of submissions. I would be extremely grateful if you would nudge your fellow gamers in this direction, as the more people that submit their favourites, the more representative of general opinion the list will be! General aim: canvas the opinion of anyone who still gives a crap.

I will be posting this in multiple forums, so ensure that you only vote once! Also, if you want to suggest places to plug this survey, that would be very helpful.

Many thanks,

StickHead

Hi folks!

If you've had any experience of gaming on the Atari ST then I need your help!

I'm planning to compile a list of the greatest Atari ST games of all time. Featuring not just commercial classics, but also homebrew greats and PD gems - anything goes! Rather than just pick my own list - which would be much easier, if a little autocratic - I thought I would try and guage the opinions of as many people as possible i.e. you lot!

Here's what I need to know: Your top 5 Atari ST games, in order. The points gained for each game will be as follows:

1st - 5 points

2nd - 4 points

3rd - 3 points

4th - 2 points

5th - 1 point

I plan to then collate the scores in at least a top 20, hopefully a top 50, and maybe even a top 100 depending on the number of submissions. I would be extremely grateful if you would nudge your fellow gamers in this direction, as the more people that submit their favourites, the more representative of general opinion the list will be! General aim: canvas the opinion of anyone who still gives a crap.

I will be posting this in multiple forums, so ensure that you only vote once! Also, if you want to suggest places to plug this survey, that would be very helpful.

Many thanks,

StickHead

Airball

Llamatron

Xenon

Time Bandit

Better Dead Than Alien

Blasteroids

Lemmings

Populous

Shufflepuck cafe

Starglider (not great but ground breaking) I think all my customers bought a copy.

Xenon

I'll come back and add to this.

For now, my upper pick would have to be:

1. Into The Eagle's Nest

2. Rick Dangerous 2

3. Impossible Mission 2

4. Zombi

5. Uninvited

updated 08-12-08

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

Thanks fort he prompt reply, fellas! All these added to the database :cool:

Inky, Warrior and Sauron: If you could flesh your nominations out to include a top five, that would br great! :)

Also, Atarian 63: Your list is a little overweight! Can you trim it back to 5? If not, I will just take your top 5 as they are listed (due to those being the ones you thought of first).

Keep 'em coming!

Edited by StickHead

My list is only what I'm pulling off the top of my head. There were so many games I loved on the ST it's impossible for me to just limit them to a top 5.

1.) Dungeon Master

2.) Lemmings

3.) Pacific Islands

4.) Droid

5.) Starball

I also have to give an honorable mention to Superfly, even though that's a more recent game.

Come on ggn! Have a go at least! :) I know it's hard to wittle a list down to just 5, but it seemed a good number to enable as many people to participate as possible. A top five that is a good representation of your gaming tastes/preferences would be good! Thanks for all the other submissions guys! Good call on Starball, officially the first PD game in the database, and 5 points already!

Keep them coming!

1 - Dungeon Master

2 - Alternate Reality: The City (though the 8-bit version is better in ways...)

3 - War in Middle Earth

4 - Captain Blood

5 - Maniac Mansion

Honorable Mention

Nebulus

Mouse Quest

Populous

Lemmings

OIDS

lots of Infocom games

Lots of multi-platrform games I didn't discover on the ST

A quick update: Over 60 submissions with over 120 games now on the list. Thanks to all who have contributed so far, the survey is shaping up quite nicely. Definitely enough votes for a viable top 25, but I would love a top 50. If you haven't voted yet, please give me your top 5 games in order of preference, let's make the definitive ST game list!

Cheers,

Stickhead

The voting seems to be slowing down somewhat on the various forums, so I'll announce the deadline:

If you haven't voted for your top five yet, please do so by the 31st August.

The list is very healthy, over 140 games featured from just under 70 voters, a viable top 40 is on the cards, but the more people that contribute, the more representative the list will be (and we might be able to push for a top 50).

Cheers,

Stickhead