IGNORED

Anyone from Barcelona?

pepax

Hola!

I've actually seen some Atari stuff in Spain. Felt almost like seeing a Yetti. :D

post-9085-1218057704_thumb.jpg post-9085-1218057732_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately the shop closed earlier yesterday and I couldn't check it from inside. And as I found out today, it won't be open until September - vacation time. I wish the shop owner told me when closing. :x Who knows when I'll have the opportunity to visit Barcelona again. :sad:

Which takes me back to the question: is there anyone from Barcelona visiting this forum? Are there any more retro shops there? (They don't necessarily have to carry any Atari stuff, MSX, ZX and CPC will do. :)) All I found so far was the usual stuff like Sega, Nintendo, Sony......

Hi,

I'm from middle Spain, not far from Barcelona but now I'm living in Tenerife (Spanish islands).

There's lots of shops here on the islands where you can find retro Atari stuff (consoles, carts, etc).

A lot of these shops owned by Indian inmigrants on the islands still keep old stuff. This is due (I guess) to different-straight importations from the country of origin (I guess Taiwan/US, 20/30 years ago) and to the big amount they had to order to make merchandise cheaper.

Good luck.

Hi, I'm from South Spain, so I only know Game Over and Harcore-Gamer.

Game Over is a very especulative shop. Even sells on ebay, you can check at:

http://stores.ebay.es/racaal

Harcore-Gamer, don't have very-retro stuff (they have dreamcast, psx... you know).

Sells on-line, but they have a shop in Bcn too:

http://www.hardcore-gamer.net/tienda/horarios.php

It's near Sants station.

I hope you can discover systems like Amstrad o Spectrum. There is also an association in Bcn about MSX (and other systems) scene: http://www.aamsx.com. Their latest party finished today... I'm very sorry, I didn't read your post before

Hola and thanks for the information.

However, I'm already back home.

At least there is a fair number of Cash Converters and 2 CEX shops in Barcelona, where I got the PSOne LCD for use with my Atari on the parties ;), a NES with a bunch of carts and, surprise, the Philips Videopac+ 7400. Oh, and I forgot the joystick - QS111, that's somewhat Atari related, too. :)

Too bad I didn't find any information on the MSX meeting - and I tried, checked the aamsx website quite a few times. :( It seems to me it's updated the mañana style. :D

I also visited the Encants Vells flea marked twice and apart from one guy selling the usual Sony/Nintendo/Sega stuff there was another guy selling furniture and among that - an Amstrad PCW 8256, which would be hard to fit in my luggage anyway, also considering Ryanair's weight limitations. :) I was told at the Sunday's Sant Antoni flea market an MSX guy sometimes came there, but not that very Sunday.... :(