IGNORED

Sewer Cleaner

atari2600land

A new game I'm working on (yes, another one.) Hopefuly, people will like this one.

Your job is to catch all the poop that is dropping off the top of the sewers while avoiding the alligator (which hasn't been programmed in yet). The controls are paddles, and to jump, press fire. Comments and other stuff encouraged and welcome.

sewercleaner.bas.bin

New version. Has alligator programmed in (but doesn't kill you yet), as well as some SFX.

The theme is funny. What will happen when you touch the alligator?

Do you need to have it set up for the paddle? It seems it might be easier to jump over the alligator using a joystick type of interface rather than the paddle. This being a catching game (like kaboom), I see why you wanted to use the paddles at first. Using a joystick however might give you options for using the up and down functions to do other things (like in space cavern).

Perhaps your uniform might become progressively browned out for each poop that you miss. When you get all browned, you're pooped out, aka game over. Also the foes you avoid might change. Maybe one level has rats, the other has alligators, each behaving differently.

Also, perhaps lost things, like rings or jewelry that get flushed might fall and you can pick them up for bonus points. Reach a certain score, and you get a new uniform to replace your browned out one. :P

Those are good ideas. I'll implement most of them in the next version. If you touch the alliigator, you lose a life. Right now, that's the only way you lose a life. Once all four lrows have gone down, a new level starts, so that's when I'll change the enemy. And I'll change the controls from the paddle to the joystick.

Now with joystick control. The first level's enemy is a spider. I didn't know what color to make it, so I made it pink. level 2's enemy is an alligator. If you run into the enemies now, you lose a life. You have 4 of them. I also added a bonus of an extra life and 100 points for clearing a level.

sewercleaner3a.bas.bin

sewercleaner3a.bas

When I run your latest .bas file, he doesn't jump, the enemy doesn't move, and pieces come out, but nothing falls. Is the .bas file the same as the .bin file? Your .bin file works great in my emulator.

Edit:

Now I see the problem. When I run your .bas file, the guy is one pixel lower on the screen, so his feet are in the ground. Are you sure you have the latest bB updates:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1517363

Edited by Random Terrain

• 2 weeks later...