IGNORED

Atari 2600 Enigma Machine Collector Box w/Pictures

nonner242

Atari 2600 needs a Collectors Edition....right?.....So I made one....

Since the game was based off of the German Wehrmacht Enigma Machine, I decided to go with a German WWII Theme. I Also wanted to give it that secret spyish type of feel so I made a hidden compartment book for it also. Just something different. I also made a Secret Code Book so you can write/keep track of your codes. On the back of the box I put a brief history of the enigma machine. I'm not a Nazi so don't start with Hate crap, I just thought the theme worked well so I went with it. If you don't like it sorry! When someone decide to make the British equivalent of the enigma called "Bombe" I'll do a British Theme. It took two days and alot of supplies to make, but overall I think it looks pretty sweet. And it really does look like a book even a close range.

bookfront1nx6.th.jpgbookfrontangle2lh1.th.jpgopenbook3zb3.th.jpgbundleopen4tv2.th.jpgboxfront5yl7.th.jpgboxback6or1.th.jpg

Edited by nonner242

Very nice.......are you planning to sell that or make more???? If so, I would love to have a set!!! :)

This came to me on the fly while I was buying other supplies for other projects, its sort a beta I suppose. I just made it to see what my idea would look like in my hands. So I might try and cut out a real book and see it its worth the work. I originally painted the front the same as pictured with metallic silver & gold paint, but the title/logo was not how I wanted to look cuz I could not put the detail in like I hoped. I still want to mess around with the interior of the book making it more like a bed than just some felt lining and have to find a nice way to add a pen holder for the code book. What I really need is a fast, precise way to make the boxes easier, that takes soo much of my time up, and I cannot tell you how many times one thing goes wrong in the cutting,painting or clear coat spraying of my boxes that I have to redo them over again...and again......IT SUCKS. I would have about 70+ boxes made this year instead of 20. I will most likely sell this box when I create version 2. Maybe I'll find a cutting machine on Ebay to help me out :roll:. I can dream....

If I do make a run of these I most likely wont do more than 5 or so...Just to damn time consuming.. :?

Thanks, for the comments!

At least I know it looks maybe as good as I see think it does....to me all my babies are beautiful :)

Edited by nonner242

Superb. Nice packaging.

(I'm just curious, and pardon my ignorance, but would Germans be able to legally purchase this? I don't know anything about German law but I do recall issues with games with regard to Nazi emblems.)

Edited by djmips

(I'm just curious, and pardon my ignorance, but would Germans be able to legally purchase this? I don't know anything about German law but I do recall issues with games with regard to Nazi emblems.)

Nope, never. The customs will send it to the police and you will get a nice date at your local police (had this once as I dared to import a Wolfenstein 3D for the Jaguar)...

Superb. Nice packaging.

To be precise, it's possible that nobody can legally purchase it. I'm pretty sure it's a Hozer cart, and whoever is selling these on eBay has also sold homebrews that I worked on without permission. Has anyone asked the programmer (see http://www.brainwagon.org ) if these carts are authorized?

Edited by batari

Superb. Nice packaging.

To be precise, it's possible that nobody can legally purchase it. I'm pretty sure it's a Hozer cart, and whoever is selling these on eBay has also sold homebrews that I worked on without permission. Has anyone asked the programmer (see http://www.brainwagon.org ) if these carts are authorized?

Ebay,Thats where I got mine, And yes it's a Hozer cart It has a little pic of a guy in the bottom corner. You should send a Email to ebay then. That is unfair to the ppl who originally worked on the game. And Im sure that anybody in the US could buy this box set from me, If and when I do sell, I am not including the cart for its the only one I own. And if someone from Germany wanted tp purchase my box from me I would have no ploblem on changing/editing the front cover. That is the only place on any of the boxes that has a Nazi emblem I originally edited out all of them that were in the pictures but at the last moment decided to add the "Eagle" to the front of the book. I could change it to this. :)bookfrontangle2smilenh5.th.jpg

Nope, never. The customs will send it to the police and you will get a nice date at your local police (had this once as I dared to import a Wolfenstein 3D for the Jaguar)...

If you get caught as you say... I sent a few copies of Return to Castle Wolfenstein on PC to Germany a few years back without issue. Well I was told by the buyers without issue hah hah...

Superb. Nice packaging.

And if someone from Germany wanted tp purchase my box from me I would have no ploblem on changing/editing the front cover. That is the only place on any of the boxes that has a Nazi emblem I originally edited out all of them that were in the pictures but at the last moment decided to add the "Eagle" to the front of the book. I could change it to this. :)bookfrontangle2smilenh5.th.jpg

You could make the smiley a secret removable sticker, so they can get it past customs, but still have the unaltered original after they get it home. ;)