IGNORED

Complete Homebrew lists?

4ever2600

Does anyone have any lists or ways to search AA or Atarimania to see all homebrews made for the 2600? NOT HACKS, homebrews? I've been trying to find a list of ALL homebrew games made after say 199X and can't seem to be able to compile anything... Sometimes I'd like to look JUST homebrew games up and there doesn't seem to be a way... any help would be appreciated... Thanks! - D

• Like 1

Rarity = H would be a start. Tho many are missing doing it that way (especially since some homebrews never made it to cart). Using the list generated by Good2600, you could go through and disregard all entries where the date falls below mfg. production (and all entries that indicate a given game is a hack), but then you'd be stuck with incomplete/demo, abandoned, and WIP versions of finished homebrews.

Flashback2 roms, for a start (i.e. Adventure II, Asteroids Deluxe, etc). IIRC Caverns Of Mars and PONG are the only exclusive homebrews on that system.

I didn't look into it much (and I'd have to play them all and dig up threads to know for sure, since the ol'noggin isn't quite what it used to be regarding hack names - there's just so damn many of them). But some are instantly recognisable from names I choose to forget (like Fonz).

Flashback2 roms, for a start (i.e. Adventure II, Asteroids Deluxe, etc). IIRC Caverns Of Mars and PONG are the only exclusive homebrews on that system.

I didn't look into it much (and I'd have to play them all and dig up threads to know for sure, since the ol'noggin isn't quite what it used to be regarding hack names - there's just so damn many of them). But some are instantly recognisable from names I choose to forget (like Fonz).

Your hack is a different Fonz.

This is a WIP from Chris.

8)

BTW what is your opinion of bBasic games? Homebrew or not? Kinda blurs the line there. Tho that might not be what the OP had in mind either.

Yes, that's something I thought about for quite some time too.

I decided not to give these their own bB marking, though I think that can be corrected by running them through a bB checking program in due time.

BTW: the whole bB thing made me stop archiving homebrews at all.

Way too much shit floating around these days.

Of course, that homebrew thread.

Forgot about it too.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Does anyone have any lists or ways to search AA or Atarimania to see all homebrews made for the 2600? NOT HACKS, homebrews? I've been trying to find a list of ALL homebrew games made after say 199X and can't seem to be able to compile anything... Sometimes I'd like to look JUST homebrew games up and there doesn't seem to be a way... any help would be appreciated... Thanks! - D

By "made", do you mean homebrews actually released on a cart? Or every ROM ever written?

Then there's the question of what defines a "release" - anything ever put on even just one cart? Or something with a production run?

ROM Hunter's list and the AA database is missing Alien Greed and Alien Greed 2. The reason why it's missing on Rom's list is because neotokeo2001 doesn't want the original roms distributed. I don't know why AA doesn't have these two games, as they are not hacks, but original games with a limited cart release.

• Like 1

By "made", do you mean homebrews actually released on a cart? Or every ROM ever written?

Then there's the question of what defines a "release" - anything ever put on even just one cart? Or something with a production run?

I take it that 'homebrew' is any program that is unique - i.e. coded from scratch - whether or not it was finished or released (or even saw the light of day). The other critera is generally that it was made without corporate support.

The list could be pretty big if one was to include all the various demos (both PD and non-PD) and such.

Does anyone have any lists or ways to search AA or Atarimania to see all homebrews made for the 2600?

Here is a list I made a while ago, it is current up to 2006 or so. It might not be perfect but I think I got most of them. It is Homebrews that have been released on a cartridge only. No WIP, etc..

2003 AA Holiday Cart

2004 AA Holiday Cart

2005 AA Holiday Cart (Reindeer Rescue)

2005Mini Game Multi-cart

2006 AA Holiday Cart (Toyshop Trouble)

A-VCS-Challenge

Alien Greed

Alfred Challenge

Allia Quest

Alphanumerical Madness

Amiga Boing! Demo

Amiga Boing Demo Version 2.0

A Star

Backfire

Blip Football

Christmas Quest

Climber 5

Colours - PAL ONLY

Conquest of Mars

Crazy Balloon

Crazy Valet

Crazy Valet - # CGE release

Cubis

Cuttle Cart

Dark Mage

Domino

Edtris 2600

E.T.Book Cart

Euchre

Fall Down

Flap Ping

Four Play

FTSFX

Go Fish!

Gunfight

Happy Birthday Patrick

Hunchy 2

INV

INV+

Jammed

Jims Heart will go on

Joust Pong

Kamikaze Saucers

Krokodile Cart

Lady Bug

Logo Demo

Lord of the Rings

Marble Craze

Marble Craze with Tin

Medieval Mahem

Mental Kombat

Mental Kombat (Boxed with Headbands)

Merlins Walls

Mine Sweeper

Mondo Pong

Okie Dokie

Oystron

Oystron X

Pac-Man 4k

Pac-Man (Ebivision, not a hack!)

Pesco

Phantom 2/Pirate

Poker Squares

Power Off!

Pressure Gauge

QB - Philly Classic

QB - Boxed Edition

QB - Holiday Edition

QB

Raster Fahndug

Riendeer Rescue

Rainbow Invaders

RIOT

Rime/Ancient Mariner part 1

SCSIcide

SCSIcide Philly Classic

Seawolf

Skeleton

Skeleton+

Solar Plexus

Sound Paddle

Sound X with Dazzle Demo

Space Battle

Space Instigators

Space Treat

Space Treat Deluxe

Splatform

Star Fire

Stella Sketch

Stickynotes Cart

Start o Gems Deluxe

Sucky Zep

SWOOPS!

Synthcart

Tazer

Test Cart

Tetris 26

This Planet sucks

Thrust

Thrust+ DC Edition

Thrust+ Platinum Edition

Thrust Combat Pack with foot controller

Ultra SCSIcide

Vault Assault

Vault Assault # CGE Release

Video Simon

Video Time Machine

Warring Worms

Warring Worms Philly Classic (Military Napsack)

Warring Worms the Worm Returns

Yahtzee

First and foremost, thank you all for contributing... I've been jonesing for new titles that I know I've missed over the years... As Nukie had asked, yes I consider Bb games to be homebrews... To me, anyone who takes the time to program anything should be considered a homebrew... As for people who just change graphics, sounds, maybe a little already existing code is a hack, plain and simple... Though I have the highest respect for both! Again, thank you all for your help! - Daryl

• 9 years later...

This is a reason why I started the comprehensive list back in 2013. Of course, mine includes everything, hacks, WIPs, Demos, etc.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArXu52QZivTrgVbQayev1Wc1QprN

Edited by Arenafoot
  • Like 3

This is a reason why I started the comprehensive list back in 2013. Of course, mine includes everything, hacks, WIPs, Demos, etc.

I'm not certain if it makes any difference to you or not, however, there are hacks on the list (Boring, Donkey Kong, Boring Freeway, etc) listed as being by "ventrra" and others (Aster-Hawk, Tanks DX, Ventrra Invaders, etc) listed as being by "Charles Morgan". Since "ventrra" and "Charles Morgan" are the same person (me, in fact) you might consider making them read as by either one name or the other. (Or not? I don't really know how you might have decided to organize the listings...)

• Like 1

Now, that's what I call an impressive list.

Hats off to you, sir.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 1