IGNORED

An Atari joystick this Christmas?

Curt Vendel

Curt, can the thing be mappable? I'm playing Bible Fight on adult swim and a joystick would make it a LOT more fun. I'm trying with my Logitech pad but you have to use keyboard commands that change. Anyway, there's a program that lets me map things like UP DOWN LEFT and RIGHT. I'd like to be able to do this with my cool new USB CX-40. Possible??

It just came to me, the next great USB accessory could be a Star Raider-type KEYPAD for mapping multiple keystrokes for different games. Curt, this is another monster you've unleashed!!

Nathan

Edited by nathanallan

From my experience with it, your going to need a program to map the joystick if you can't map the controller within the game.

You don't install any drivers for the USB CX-40. Windows detects it as a standrd USB joystick.

EDIT:

nathanallan if it's an online game, send me the link and I can check it out.

Edited by missioncontrol

From my experience with it, your going to need a program to map the joystick if you can't map the controller within the game.

You don't install any drivers for the USB CX-40. Windows detects it as a standrd USB joystick.

EDIT:

nathanallan if it's an online game, send me the link and I can check it out.

It's an online game, Bible Fight on adult swim. Go HERE. It's like Street Fighter simplified, but still fun. There should be a Genesis version of this.

Nathan

Will these work along side a stelladaptor? Can you use a stelladaptor for one controller in an emulator and use this joystick for the second player? It seems like it would be a great alternative to paying another $50 for a second stelladaptor.

-Legend

Will these work along side a stelladaptor? Can you use a stelladaptor for one controller in an emulator and use this joystick for the second player? It seems like it would be a great alternative to paying another $50 for a second stelladaptor.

-Legend

yes

Has any marketing to the big guys been done at all? I posted a while back about this, places like thinkgeek, geeks.com, tigerdirect and Best Buy and all the department stores.

Trying to maximize demand by providing hopefully helpful ideas. Also sent a letter to geeks.com; real paper, not email.

Nathan

Edited by nathanallan

Any update on when they will be shipped?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1656995

Thanks everyone...

Surgery is scheduled for Thursday, I'm on a mega antibotic cocktail to try and nuke out any residual infection I may have before the surgery, gonna be a lot more then I had originally thought, I have a psuedoanuerism on the root of my aorta and the surgeon is considering replacing the original mitral valve he put in back in June and is going to examine the aortic valve for a 1-3mm "possible" infection they see, but can't determine yet until they go in.

Marty, Albert and Karl are all in the loop and will get updates as things going along, I've got limited wifi here at the hospital so at least I can post on AA, outbound smtp is a big no-no so answering emails is not an easy process, but I've got the beginnings of a decent work around forming.

I'm coding Adventure II on windows right now, so that is keeping me busy and I've made the decision that once I get home, get well enough and get the joystick shipments on track, have decided that I will go forward with doing the paddle controllers in the late Spring, a lot of people have asked for them and I think they will be well received.

So I'm staying positive, looking forward to recovering and getting back on track with the classic gaming products. Thank you to everyone for you support and kind words.

Curt

• 2 weeks later...
No updates in that thread. Its unfortunate that we have no updates for a while. I understand he has health issues, but it would also seem there is a huge chunk of money sent out for items not yet received. Some kind of info would be great....

There was an update in one of the threads. Basically Curt just had heart surgery and is recovering. In a week or two (we hope and pray he gets well that quickly) he said he would work on getting the joysticks out to everyone as soon as he got home. I'm not speaking for anyone, but best case scenario, I'm guessing shipments should arrive in February- but I don't know. At this point, we're just hoping that Curt does well. He has done a lot for our community and is a friend to many here at AA.

No updates in that thread. Its unfortunate that we have no updates for a while. I understand he has health issues, but it would also seem there is a huge chunk of money sent out for items not yet received. Some kind of info would be great....

Using View New Posts brings up the latest thread about his condition:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138016

I just saw on the LEG page that the first 10K units have been sold out, good deal! It might be old news and I must have missed it if it is. I think that's great news.

Now, Curt has to get better to bask in the glory of it all :thumbsup:

Though I never saw anything on digg.com about it. For the next 10K then!