IGNORED

My next project

atari2600land

Here's my latest game (in a pre-proof-of-concept stage.) Basically what you do is go around the screen getting boxes (which haven't been implemented yet) and putting them down at the bottom. Once you get down to the bottom, a new box will pop up for you to get. And, of course, there will be an enemy. The movement is kind of like Frogger, only you want to avoid the playfield as it scrolls left or right. This is a test to see if I could get player0 moving correctly (which I did.) I want to make the goal different from Frostbite, though. I got the idea for this game after reading about Zzyzzyx in KLOV.

boxiz.bas.bin

boxiz.bas

Edited by atari2600land

Instead of making a new thread when I post an idea that doesn't seem to work out, I'll just make a new post in this one. This latest idea is called HELLicopter, and what you're doing is flying a helicopter in hell, looking for demons to shoot. You get 6 points for every demon that you shoot. Once you get 666 points, you fight Satan himself. If you shoot at him enough times while avoiding his fireballs, he will be down for the count, at which point you go through the maze again, this time being more difficult. Repeat until once you defeat Satan, the difficulty quits going up and will be at the hardest level over and over again. This demo is just a helicopter going through hell with regenerating random walls. You can shoot with the fire button and make the helicopter go faster by pressing right.

scrollingthing.bas.bin

scrollingthing.bas

Instead of making a new thread when I post an idea that doesn't seem to work out, I'll just make a new post in this one. This latest idea is called HELLicopter, and what you're doing is flying a helicopter in hell, looking for demons to shoot. You get 6 points for every demon that you shoot. Once you get 666 points, you fight Satan himself. If you shoot at him enough times while avoiding his fireballs, he will be down for the count, at which point you go through the maze again, this time being more difficult. Repeat until once you defeat Satan, the difficulty quits going up and will be at the hardest level over and over again. This demo is just a helicopter going through hell with regenerating random walls. You can shoot with the fire button and make the helicopter go faster by pressing right.

I really like this theme can't wait for it to come to fruition.

-Legend

I'm trying to make Jetman (from the 2005 Minigame Multicart) with bB using the multisprite kernel and I'm having a few problems with missile1. Sometimes, it's 1 pixel by 1 pixel, sometimes it flickers between being 1x1 and being 8 pixels wide and the 1x1 part is red, and sometimes it flickers between being 1x1 and being 8 pixels wide and the 1x1 part is green (the score color.) I put _NUSIZ1=$30 in the code, and it still does this.

Also, does anyone know Chris Walton's AA username so I can ask permission to name this Jetman 2?

jetman.bas

jetman.bas.bin

Bugs:

There are three.

+ The one described above.

+ There is a line above one frame of player0's animation (shown below)

+ When you get the fuel twice, it usually doesn't drop a third time.

Also, there has to be a better collision detection for players 2-5 than what I have now.

post-9475-1223341226_thumb.png

jetman1.bas

jetman1.bas.bin

Nothing is really set in stone as to what my next game will be. I'm just posting my playing around with bB. This next thing is about a blob of yellow glue that can stick to the top of playfields above (see picture below). It's for the most part like T&P but without them. If I go through with this game, I'll have different-themed levels (like in T&P), but with different enemies (like fish in an underwater level.) This is just a grassy fields level with crows.

post-9475-1223530436_thumb.png

blobby.bas

blobby.bas.bin