IGNORED

Yogi's Frustration

Numan

Ok you intelly Guys. What do you think this is worth. It has had two offers. What do you think they were. two or three K ??? HHW

Far from an expert, but lurking for years and following various sites, shows, etc

I say 2-3k provided it is the real deal and not a repro of course. Solid intellivision rarities are few (in comparison to atari 2600).

Most Intellivision protos that I've seen are on big T-Boards, not regular boards. There are of course some exceptions (such as the Activision protos), but those are pretty uncommon. I've also seen some protos housed in old Intellivoice cases as well. This could be the real deal, but I'm a bit suspicious. The price is totally ridiculous regardless.

Tempest

I just sent this message to the seller:

Where did this cart come from? Also could you take some picutres of the insides of the cart please? I would like to see the pcb (front and back) and any of the ic's inside as that would be the only way to verify it's authenticity.

Let's see what his response is like.

I posted a comment on www.gamesniped.com :

"I’m all for overpricing your protos, but those protos (Intellivision) are overpriced.

I would say that those repro cases don’t help the auction. It’s better to offer them as optional than to have such slick repro- looking cases and labels."

I think that most people seriously into protos go the private sale route. I think that you can actually make more money that way. I don't know if it's because eBay is restrictive on proto sales. I think that when you are spending $2k on an item, you want a certain amount of personal sales attention.

Well here is his repsonse:

Thank you for your question and interest in my auction. I am sorry but because of the high value and extreme rarity of this particular game, details of this game and auction will not be discussed unless accompanied by a serious offer. All offers from anyone residing outside the USA must be approved first before I will open the auction to any particular bid. A Buyers offer and track record on Ebay will be considered before approving any potential bid. Prior customers of Vintage Rom with succesfully completed purchases will receive preference. I apologize for the restrictions but I have had too many attempts by scam artists trying to relieve me of my higher priced and rarer items...Bob

Needless to say, dude isn't willing to give you any info or pics with paying him for it. :roll:

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Well here is his repsonse:

Thank you for your question and interest in my auction. I am sorry but because of the high value and extreme rarity of this particular game, details of this game and auction will not be discussed unless accompanied by a serious offer. All offers from anyone residing outside the USA must be approved first before I will open the auction to any particular bid. A Buyers offer and track record on Ebay will be considered before approving any potential bid. Prior customers of Vintage Rom with succesfully completed purchases will receive preference. I apologize for the restrictions but I have had too many attempts by scam artists trying to relieve me of my higher priced and rarer items...Bob

Needless to say, dude isn't willing to give you any info or pics with paying him for it. :roll:

Not a good sign.

Does this mean you think the item is authentic? :)

Either that, or maybe that is a very expensive repro, using Chad's tech.

Years ago Sean Kelly and I had a discussion about this game. He knew someone who had an original and said something like "one day it will be mine".

Those days are over now though. :P

Seller just told me he turned down an offer of $6k , ya right. :roll:

LMFAO. Well it could be true, It is morning and he could have dreamed last night. :P

But at least we found out what he is really looking for. $6500 Now It Is still high , but only 3 times the value and not 5 times. :D

Edited by hhwolfman