IGNORED

FS: Boxed Game Mate 2 Remote Controlled Joysticks (2600, 7800, etc)

doctorclu

Have a Game Mate 2 remote controlled joystick set neatly boxed.

For those unfamiliar with these joysticks this was a line of Joysticks that Atari would also sell, same mold and everything as the Atari set, just a different plate on the front. The box for this set says "1982" so not sure who came first.

They operate like the remote controlled cars back then, and I've tested these sticks to work a good 50 feet out from where I was playing (set up my Atari computer with Bobterm, had it register a character as I moved the stick in various directions and counted the inputs as I walked out of the computer room, through the living room, through the front foot, down the steps from my apartment at the time to the parking lot... I am pretty sure I made it to the stairway.) :)

I've tested the unit, the first joystick works fine. Played Dig Dug on my 7800 with no trouble.

Second stick seems to be encountering some interferrence of some type, and is missing the battery door. The joysticks are ran off 9 volt batteries while the base unit it powered by a power supply (which is included as seen in the pictures.)

Pictures here for the enjoyment of all. Feel free to ask questions if you have any on this unit just for general knowledge, and naturally write me for offers to buy this package.

post-4709-1222536705_thumb.jpg

post-4709-1222536722_thumb.jpg

post-4709-1222536744_thumb.jpg

post-4709-1222536762_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...