IGNORED

VCS book jacket art

ibogost

I don't post here nearly enough to call myself a regular, so I feel a little self-indulgent, but I really wanted to share the jacket art for the new book I wrote (with my colleague Nick Montfort) on the VCS, which will be published this winter by the MIT Press. More about the book here. Thanks for indulging me. :)

post-8324-1222555365_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Thanks all! Just to drive the point home, here's an excerpt from the acknowledgements. Note the last line...

vcs_ack.gif

Thanks for the shout out to AtariAge! I missed that before. :)

Congratulations! I very much look forward to reading this book. I'll get some news posted up on the front page soon..

..Al

I don't post here nearly enough to call myself a regular, so I feel a little self-indulgent, but I really wanted to share the jacket art for the new book I wrote (with my colleague Nick Montfort) on the VCS, which will be published this winter by the MIT Press. More about the book here. Thanks for indulging me. :)

post-8324-1222555365_thumb.jpg

Good work! I am anxious to pick it up!...you know, when it's published ;)

Even though amazon.com lists a publication date of March 31, 2009, the item has been published, is in stock (although the number of available copies is listed as 2), and is available for shipment.

Even though amazon.com lists a publication date of March 31, 2009, the item has been published, is in stock (although the number of available copies is listed as 2), and is available for shipment.

Right, the March date is a publisher catalog date, which is sort of meaningless. Amazon.com has stock now.

The "2 new" indicator doesn't refer to stock, but rather to sellers other than Amazon who also carry the book and sell through Amazon Marketplace. If there's a stock shortage, Amazon will list it as "Only N left in stock (more coming soon!)"

Edited by ibogost