IGNORED

Zombie Chase

yuppicide

I was fooling around tonight.. thought I'd pull up some already made .bas files and have a looksee. Started playing Zombie Chase. When I originally took a look at the game because it came with bAtari Basic, I thought bah.. run things over. Kind of boring.

Tonight I actually played it longer and it's actually pretty fun. After a few levels the guy starts to get trickier and the car will speed up more and slide

more, like on ice. I think it's what I am looking for to use for my fish game. Now just gotta try it for myself.

I think in future versions of bAtari Basic the code snippets from this forum should be included if possible. Actually, we should have a section on the bB Command Reference page for code snippets. Just the basic ones.. drawing a player or playfield, making it move, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to dl and play this game without the Batari program?

Here you go:

zombie_chase.bin

So who actually made Zombie Chase? If the car was slowed down and tombstones were added that could damage your car it would be close to a finished game. Later levels could have barriers and special zombie types.

So who actually made Zombie Chase? If the car was slowed down and tombstones were added that could damage your car it would be close to a finished game. Later levels could have barriers and special zombie types.

I assumed that batari made it, but you know what they say about assuming. The comments don't say who made it either:

rem Zombie Chase
 rem A fun game that may help you learn batari Basic!
 rem
 rem timed game, 16 levels
 rem Each level lasts about one minute
 rem you must score 1000 points to move on
 rem COLOR/BW switch selects joystick or DC
 rem left difficulty A=stop on collision; B=slow down on collision
 rem right difficulty A=L/R border; B=no border

• 2 months later...

Excellent game for bB. I will try on my Kroko Cart now.

Some improvements I would like to see:

different grip levels, more zombies, two player option, a timer bar, variable scoring (dumb zombies give less points)

Update: 26335 in my 1st try (DC, B, B)

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Excellent game for bB. I will try on my Kroko Cart now.

Some improvements I would like to see:

different grip levels, more zombies, two player option, a timer bar, variable scoring (dumb zombies give less points)

Update: 26335 in my 1st try (DC, B, B)

Good Score!

One of the bes bB games I have seen, I like how the tombstones slow your car down. Isn't Phantom II/Pirate a bB game also?

If so that is another great one.

Wp

Edited by sandmountainslim

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is great!

Questions:

I would buy this if released on cart as there is demand for a Death Race port. Will it be written for use with driving controller?

Also, will it support two player mode?

Can there be more than one character on the screen at a time?

Can the rectangles be replaced with crosses created with thin lines? Or what about tombstones with a rounded top instead of crosses?

This is great!

Questions:

I would buy this if released on cart as there is demand for a Death Race port. Will it be written for use with driving controller?

You may use a driving controller in the right port.

Also, will it support two player mode?

Can there be more than one character on the screen at a time?

Can the rectangles be replaced with crosses created with thin lines? Or what about tombstones with a rounded top instead of crosses?

Probably not. It is a bB game and the above don't fit very well within the current limitations of bB. This game was the demo game included with bB, and I never expected it to be as well-received as it is.

mos6507 wrote a Death Race kernel with two cars and two pedestrians. You should ask him to finish it :)

• 10 months later...