IGNORED

Test Drive cars

Philsan

Thanks Philsan. I think these pictures present power of Atari Display List more than my skills :). This is mix of Amiga-style info page and Apple II top cars graphics.

By the way: can someone shot screens of rest of cars from Apple II game? I would like to convert all of them. Hope I will find a person to port this game one day... :)

Moby Games site has only Lotus and Lamborghini cars:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/apple2/test-drive/screenshots

I need rest of them: Corvette, Testarossa, Porsche. My pictures are based on Apple II cars, because they are nicer than Commodore (look at proportions and compare with original DOS/ST games) and easier for me to convert.

I wasn't meaning cut the car out - I was referring to your "Hope I will find a person to port this game one day..." comment - you'll have to figure out how to get a good looking car and a background together to do that ;) sTeVE

Is it a big problem? Don't think so ;).

Edit 2:

Can someone send me this petrol station picture without cars?

Edited by Kaz atarionline.pl

Great Car pictures, Kaz.

I wasn't meaning cut the car out - I was referring to your "Hope I will find a person to port this game one day..." comment - you'll have to figure out how to get a good looking car and a background together to do that ;) sTeVE

Is it a big problem? Don't think so ;).

Having a loot at the C64 version, I bet that an Atari "original" exists (or existed).

Listen to the tune or having a closer look at the screen management, you realize: It is atari style.

The coder could have chosen between gr.7 for high speed or gr. 10 for more colours in the scene range.

Some parts are charmode blocks, some objects are "sprites"...

BTW: When playing the game, back in the 80s, on the C128, it seemed faster to me.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=drLKG0EKKMg

Having a loot at the C64 version, I bet that an Atari "original" exists (or existed).

Listen to the tune or having a closer look at the screen management, you realize: It is atari style.

The coder could have chosen between gr.7 for high speed or gr. 10 for more colours in the scene range.

Some parts are charmode blocks, some objects are "sprites"...

:rolling:

ehm, is this a game??? I saw TD for the first time on C64... Jesus...the sound... the gfx...

Oswald, does it use Bitmaps for the gfx plus sprites for the cars, right?

Oswald doesn't know why he is laughing...

Hopefully, he will jump from a high bridge by the same reason, soon...

It is unbelievable that this nerdy forumtroll doesn't get banned.

In fact, the game is rather slow on the C64/C128. You could do the math by comparing the rescue on fractalus/koronis rift games of both platforms...