IGNORED

New Jag Owner, what games should i stay away from?

Dazz

Purchased a Jag bundle on craigslist for $35 a few weeks ago. Came with Cybermorph, Flipout, Tempest 2000 and Trevor Mcfur. Looking to slowly get more games to play but i would like to know from those of you who actual own the system to fill me in on what games to stay away from.

To each there own. I can say I have owned mre copies of Cybermorph than any other game due to all the bundles I buy as they seem o come with everyone. I tried giving them away and no one would even pay shipping for it :lol: I wound up selling 37 copies of the game for $20 shipped :P

Edited by atreyu187

1)Checkerd Flag

2)Club Drive

3)Dino Dudes

4)White Men Can't Jump

5)Supercross 3-D

6)Double Dragon 5

7)Trevor McFur

8)Flip Out

9)Cybermorph

10)Dragon

Trust me though if you are buying bundles on E-bay you will end up w/ about 20 copies of Checkerd Flag, Cybermorph, and Blue Lightning CD(for some odd reason it seems like Atari must of produced 100 Blue Lightning games for every Jag CD made even though it was a pack in game)

save 1 copy of Checkerd Flag and use it as a dust cover for your Jag

eh, double dragon V, checkered flag, club drive, dragon, international sensible soccer, supercross 3D and maybe white men can't jump.

That's my selection. Those are probably the only games I will never play again and I have all the commercial releases.

This about sums up the bottom seven of the Jaguar world. A closer look at these...

Double Dragon V - Played this once, for a commercial game it was terrible. Most disappointing was that this was a one on one fighter, not the walk along beat people up game I've always loved.

Checkered Flag - Rev up to great speeds, here comes the corner CRASH!!! But more playable if you work from the top looking down view I understand.

Dragon: Bruce Lee - I played this, got fed up, ripped it out of the Jaguar and threw it across the room. My friend's kids love this game, so they've had it ever since. (Well love as in it stays with the Jaguiar that is sometimes played and of the times it is played sometimes they play Dragon...)

International Sensible Soccer - Really can't comment on this one. Never played this one. But to me any sport I can play in real life I don't want to waste video game time playing.

Supercross 3D - Jump the hill... CRASH... rev up, here comes a turn... CRASH... here's another hill... jump... CRASH!! But the jumping hills is kinda fun. I think I got this game for $3 USD... :P

Bad but consider they are multiplayer, and really, when you have a friend along it can make even games like Aircars a blast....

Club Drive - Is really a lot of fun. It is only barked out because it has graphics you'd expect on a early ST game. Fact is, the game engine is there, the rendering could use more polishing. And if there was a way to add JagLink mode to play two player rather than splitting the screen, that would be awesome! Really Club Drive has most of the stuff there for awesomeness, and as it is, with a friend, is a lot of fun!

White Men Can't Jump - Remember Atari 2600 Basketball? Now add fancier graphics, some more sound effects, and where you have four instead of two players and you have the gameplay factor of this game. Now I liked 2600 Basketball, and four players scrambling around a tiny court could be fun for a while.

Also mentioned...

Cybermorph - Last night I made a startling confession on the Jaguar High Score Club...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132869

Yes yes, I have ragged on Cybermorph time...

http://www.geocities.com/doctor_clu/cybermorph.html

... and time...

post-4709-1224076611_thumb.jpg

... again.

But in that first link where the Jaguar High Score Club decided they wanted to play Cybermorph I democratically agreed to play the game kicking and screaming. It was my first game, and yes, I grew to like Bubsy so much because it was the game I got AFTER Cybermorph. So as a registered Cybermorph hater for about eight years and turned in my card last night, let me say this about Cybermorh:

It is a actually a fun game. I learned how to tackle the enemy ships and where to find more energy and weapon upgrades. Once I learned that, I just practiced shooting down enemies and blowing up buildings. One crazy thing is in this game there are places where you can take down the radar in the area, and once that happens, the enemy ships are no longer a threat.

We are also playing Battlemorph, which is just an amazing gaming experience (complete with game music, better rendered ship, landscape, just amazing.) But I have to say after playing the two side by side, the weapon selection in Cybermorph does seem to be greater. Also like one person mentioned, the objectives in Battlemorph can vary. Cybermorph you go in, get the pods, shoot some bad guys and go, and I think some prefer this over the longer missions of Battlemorph.

So now I'm finding myself wanting to get home and play Cybermorph some more. The moral of the story these games that suck today when approached later, or with the right advice, could turn out being a fun game.

Edited by doctorclu

Thanks guys for all your help. I played Cybermorph for maybe 3 min (Just testing to see if it worked). I was hoping Bubsy wouldn't be on that list as i have taken an interest in getting it. DDV, i heard that it was like an attempt at a Street Fighter clone so i was disappointed.

Thanks guys for all your help. I played Cybermorph for maybe 3 min (Just testing to see if it worked). I was hoping Bubsy wouldn't be on that list as i have taken an interest in getting it. DDV, i heard that it was like an attempt at a Street Fighter clone so i was disappointed.

Cybermorph is pretty fun, just practice handling the ship and switching weapons. Stick around on the first few planets and make them parking lots and blow everything out of the sky. It gets to be fun once you get the hang of it.

"Once you get the hang of it" is the secret to Bubsy. The fact that people haven't listed Bubsy here (when they used to all the time) makes me realize that maybe Bubsy has moved from the worst 10 to the worst 30. :D Bubsy is in my top five.

To show what is POSSIBLE on Bubsy and get some ideas, check out these videos...

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E2CE66EAB305A099

Fun game. In this one practice these basic moves when you first get Bubsy... (Surviving level 1)

1) Walk along at a good pace. Walk, don't run. Don't run till you master the next few steps.

2) You have two jumps... jump high, and jump with a glide. Practice ALWAYS jumping high and gliding down. So hit the jump high button, and before you reach the top of that jump, HOLD the jump/glide button.

3) Once you've mastered that, practice GLIDING down on the opponents. Glide so that you land on their heads. The hit area on the opponents is small, so land so that you gliding you have your stomach land on their head.

4) When you are landing on opponents, try to do it in open areas so that you don't accidentally land on something (like landing on a candle stick on a table when you try to take out a rabbit on that table.)

5) Similar to #4, becareful of opponents that poke up past the thing your standing on (like the flamingo with the mohawk will stand taller than the table, and if you are standing on that table the mohawk will brush under you and get you.

That said, some good advice on how to survive level one on Bubsy was written here complete with level map...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...mp;hl=bubsy+map

I need to make more maps. ;) But if you can get through level one you learn the basics of the game. If it is hard, well, it is. Many agree the game should start with level 7 (the easist level of the game), so you survive level 1, you will be ahead of the game.

The fact that people haven't listed Bubsy here (when they used to all the time) makes me realize that maybe Bubsy has moved from the worst 10 to the worst 30.

Wrong... it's just cause you're always here and no one wants to insult you :D

I'd probably still put it in the bottom 10... maybe... maybe 20, but since I only listed 7 there was no need ;)