IGNORED

PFCOLORS with Superchip?

yuppicide

Does PFCOLORS work with SET ROMSIZE 8KSC and PFRES?

On the bB page it states:

"pfcolors

Specifies colors of each playfield row. Must specify 11 values, one to a line, followed by end. You can specify this as many times as you want."

I need to specify more than 11. How do I go about this?

I have included a file skulltitle.bas. I didn't put any comments in there because it's very simple.

It sets options, then displays frames of a title screen. The skeleton opens his mouth to spell the word SKULL. The

background should be black, the skeleton should be white, and the word SKULL should be in red. After it opens up,

it then closes. It keeps repeating.

skulltitle.bas

Edited by yuppicide

Does PFCOLORS work with SET ROMSIZE 8KSC and PFRES?

On the bB page it states:

"pfcolors

Specifies colors of each playfield row. Must specify 11 values, one to a line, followed by end. You can specify this as many times as you want."

I need to specify more than 11. How do I go about this?

I have included a file skulltitle.bas. I didn't put any comments in there because it's very simple.

It sets options, then displays frames of a title screen. The skeleton opens his mouth to spell the word SKULL. The

background should be black, the skeleton should be white, and the word SKULL should be in red. After it opens up,

it then closes. It keeps repeating.

It appears to work, though if you want your colors as described then

COLUBK = $00 and the pfcolors should be $0E.

Also the way the logic currently stands the mouth never fully closes. You could change too

loop1

frame = frame + 1

if frame > 11 then frame = 0

on frame goto skull1 skull1 skull2 skull3 skull4 skull5 skull6 skull5 skull4 skull3 skull2 skull1

-Jeff

Nah, I didn't want the mouth closed. I had it one space in between always.

Good call on the frame thing, but your thing is wrong.

you goto skull1 twice in a row, then at the end you have skull1 again, so that would stay 3 times in a row.

I'll try the colors like you say and see if that works. After that I'm going to make the skull open and close to say "Island". Maybe insert a background flash and a lightning noise.

COLUBK = $00 and the pfcolors should be $0E.

Also the way the logic currently stands the mouth never fully closes. You could change too

loop1

frame = frame + 1

if frame > 11 then frame = 0

on frame goto skull1 skull1 skull2 skull3 skull4 skull5 skull6 skull5 skull4 skull3 skull2 skull1

-Jeff

Edited by yuppicide

I changed the colors to match your description: "The background should be black, the skeleton should be white, and the word SKULL should be in red."

Is this looking the way you want it?

skulltitle_2008y_10m_15d_1341t.bin

skulltitle_2008y_10m_15d_1341t.bas

If you want to get the 'icing off the cake', you'll have to adjust it so there is a black line above and below the word SKULL.

I understand what you mean about "icing".

But, maybe it's just my computer? I've tried this on two computers. The skeleton comes out rainbow colored. Same as when I tried to make it myself.

For part of the animation it is rainbow colored, for part of it the skeleton is missing.

I am attaching two screenshots taken with Stella.

post-6095-1224095435_thumb.png

post-6095-1224095442_thumb.png

Same error. Just downloaded Stella again. Same thing. I have 2.6.1 for Win32. Same at home.

That is freakin' weird. Even when a person doesn't have the correct files to run a .bas file, the .bin file usually works fine.

The only thing I can think of would be for you to make sure the Type setting under Game Properties is set to Auto-detect. That's how mine is set and the .bin file works fine. If that doesn't help, maybe somebody with a huge brain will pop in and figure this out.

Same error. Just downloaded Stella again. Same thing. I have 2.6.1 for Win32. Same at home.

That is freakin' weird. Even when a person doesn't have the correct files to run a .bas file, the .bin file usually works fine.

The only thing I can think of would be for you to make sure the Type setting under Game Properties is set to Auto-detect. That's how mine is set and the .bin file works fine. If that doesn't help, maybe somebody with a huge brain will pop in and figure this out.

It works fine for me?

-Jeff

Before I had just installed over the old copy.. just now tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I'd really hate to move Z26, but maybe I'll test that out for the

first time. I've never used it before.

So was it set to Auto-detect?

What happens when you run the .bin file I posted? Does it still look screwed up? If so, maybe something is wrong with your emulator.

I have no trouble with your BIN. The colors look correct. But, when I recompile your BAS file with DASM, I get the same error as yuppicide (rainbow effect).

What happens when you run the .bin file I posted? Does it still look screwed up? If so, maybe something is wrong with your emulator.

I have no trouble with your BIN. The colors look correct. But, when I recompile your BAS file with DASM, I get the same error as yuppicide (rainbow effect).

Whenever I had a similar problem, it was because I didn't have all of the updated files that are strewn throughout this forum. SeaGtGruff collected most of them:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1517363

Certain files are newer than others, so if you don't add them in order, you'll be using an older version and it still won't work.

It seems batari gets so busy that he forgets to add each updated file to his official download as each file is created.

Edited by Random Terrain

Whenever I had a similar problem, it was because I didn't have all of the updated files that are strewn throughout this forum. SeaGtGruff collected most of them:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1517363

Certain files ones are newer than others, so if you don't add them in order, you'll be using an older version and it still won't work.

It seems batari gets so busy that he forgets to add each updated file to his official download as each file is created.

Aha! Thanks for that. I found it and it compiles just fine now. Mighty fine lookin' skull.

Yuppicide - here is the exact link to the updated includes you need:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=0#entry1490744

When I get home later I'll try uninstalling Stella and reinstalling to a completely different directory.

Actually, before I do that I need to test your .bin at home. You say that usually should work.

Problems like this are never the result of an incorrect installation of Stella (although sometimes it might be because you need a newer version for some missing feature). Installing different versions of Stella in different directories will not fix problems in user-generated data. All the files specific to a user (in Windows) are stored in 'My Documents\Stella'. Blowing away that directory will give you a 'fresh' install.

Now, that directory could be in different places depending on which version of Windows you're using, as follows:

Win98: C:\My Documents\...

WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\...

Vista: C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\...

I got it to work. What had happened was what someone said. I downloaded the fixes, but overwrote them with older stuff.. so all I needed was the one file,

which probably had all the fixes in one.

Why didn't the .bin you posted work? Probably because I had opened the .bas file first and then compiled it before trying your bin. Stupid me.

Thanks for the help. I'll remove the "icing" when I get home.

I am guessing I made the same mistake at home too.

Edited by yuppicide

Here's the current version of my "Skull Island" title screen. I have a problem and I don't know if it's a bB problem or an error on my part.

I have it set to PFRES=30 right now (29 lines high playfield). Everything looks fine, but it does not LOOP. It's supposed to loop and play forever.

If I remove the last line of PFCOLORS from each frame and the last line of playfield, it will loop, but then I get ICING on the bottom of the last line of playfield.

Can someone help?

What do you think of the lightning sound? Maybe you can do a better job than me?

skulltitle4.bas

Edited by yuppicide

Fixed. It didn't put the attachment in message, although it was there.

Thanks. I couldn't see it before.

Without spending a lot of time following the code to see what each section did, I just quickly moved this to the end of your program and it seems to work now:

rem * on the 6th frame and 11th frame this routine is called to make lightning noise
lightning
 AUDV0 = lningv: AUDC0 = 8: AUDF0 = d

lightning2
 lningv = rand
 if lningv > 15 then goto lightning2

lning = lning + 1
 if lningt = 0 && lning = 16 then lning = 0: AUDV0 = 0: return
 if lningt = 1 && lning = 32 then lning = 0: AUDV0 = 0: return
 drawscreen
 goto lightning

Is this any better:

skulltitle04_2008y_10m_17d_1207t.bin