IGNORED

Missile command champion in Chuck

S1500

I'm watching Chuck right now. Apparently, one of the geeky characters that works at BuyMore was a Missile Command champ. It was funny to watch the fake footage from '83 with this guy having a mullet. The announcer pronounced it "miss isle command".

And apparently the chief engineer for Atari, who is Japanese, has terrorist ties. Never thought I would see an arcade Missile Command in a flash.

Good to see this thread. Now I don't have to create one.

For those who missed this, the full episode is up on the official web site right now:

http://www.nbc.com/Chuck/video/episodes/

You better watch it as soon as possible before it disappears.

Edited by Random Terrain

Yeah, I'm watching it, too! Other than the fact that the Missile Command was made by Atari, their 'facts' are hilariously wrong. Still, fun to see one of my very favorite games featured in the show.

Right. You'd think the writers would know this territory backward and forward. They imply that Atari was a Japanese company, which gives me a case of the urghs. I believe they not only refer to Muramoto as chief engineer, but also the CEO. Urgh.

I've never seen this show, but I've heard positive things about it. Definitely want to watch this particular episode, but I see the show is in its second season. Is it worth watching the show from the beginning? The Blu-Ray version of the first season is coming out on November 11th:

http://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Complete-First...4055&sr=8-2

The DVD version is available now, but the Blu-Ray version is not significantly more (at least if you pre-order it).

..Al

I've never seen this show, but I've heard positive things about it. Definitely want to watch this particular episode, but I see the show is in its second season. Is it worth watching the show from the beginning? The Blu-Ray version of the first season is coming out on November 11th:

The DVD version is available now, but the Blu-Ray version is not significantly more (at least if you pre-order it).

I have been watching this show since the first episode. Seems worth it to me.

My wife and I enjoy Chuck. The premise is ridiculous but it's funny most of the time and the chick agent is very easy on the eyes. I also like that while it has a story arc that continues from episode to episode, you can watch just one as a separate entity and have it make sense. I can't get into serialized shows where if you miss one episode, you're Lost* for the rest of the season.

The Missile Command episode had it's moments although it wan't as good as some of the other ones. I knew watching it everybody here would groan at the inaccuracy of Atari history. I told my wife while it was on, I bet if I sign on to AA right now somebody is yelling in all caps, "ATARI WASN'T A JAPANESE COMPANY!" :D

*That's right, the pun is intended dammit.

Edited by joeybastard

..Al

i think its worth it, ive been watching it since the beginning and i havent missed a show, thats more than i can say for this season of Heroes (which has gone down hill FAST and im finding it a chore to watch all the way though now)

and almost anything with Adam Baldwin in it is good, i like him as an actor i like when he plays and angry/bad ass guy.

also Yvonne Strahovski is HOT. i didnt know how the guy playing chuck would be as an actor but he is pretty good

and the Buy More is a perfect place to have most of the scenes especially when Adam Baldwin starts to work there :D

if you enjoy a fun show full of Comedy, Action, and Hot girls you will like this show

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I watched this episode off the DVR a couple nights ago. I loved it. I can understand the liberties they took with history, changing Dave Theurer into a Japanese engineer. "Japanese mafia" has a better ring than, I don't know, "Sunnyvale mafia." I think the concept of a live, bustling "Atari headquarters" more than made up for it. Turning the Buy More into a high-tech homage to Missile Command, with the flat-screen TVs all over the store showing graphics from the game, that was awesome.