IGNORED

I think we've got a prodigy on our hands...

famicommander

So I'm home from school all week due to fall break. I hooked up my 7800 in the living room for my mom, because she babysits a bunch of young children and needs something to occupy them.

So anyway, I set up Centipede with the trackball and handed it to this little girl. She racked up a score of over 40,000 on her first try! And she's THREE years old!

40,000 points, default difficulty, three years old. I was taken aback, because I barely get to 50 or 60 thousand on a good round.

Seriously, is it just me or is 40,000 a crazy high score for such a young child? And it's no fluke it that's what you're thinking; she's played four rounds since and has scored between 20 and 35 thousand every time.

My wife is pregnant right now. My kid will be hitting Twin Galaxy scores by three if I have any say in the matter. :)

Funny it's a little girl. For some reason centipede appeals to women, and this new test proves it begins right away.

Three? Why wait.....put a TV set in the nursey shove a bottle(boob) in the kids mouth and hand him/her the joystick.

My wife is pregnant right now. My kid will be hitting Twin Galaxy scores by three if I have any say in the matter. :)

Funny it's a little girl. For some reason centipede appeals to women, and this new test proves it begins right away.

I believe Centipede was the first arcade game written by a woman.

Centipede was the first big game designed by a woman. The choice of pastels was because she wanted it to be interesting to look at. Also note that most objects are curved in that game. Political correctness aside, marketers keep these things in mind when trying to sell to women.

Agreed. Centipede is the only game my wife plays out of all my Atari games.

Based on the observations of this thread, and the fact that Centipede might be my favorite 7800 game, I am starting to feel a little insecure about my manhood :ponder:

Prepare to feel even worse. My mom racked up a score of over 80,000 on Centipede, and she says it was the only game (besides Frogger and Ms Pac-Man) that she liked when she was a kid.

She hadn't played for over 20 years, and she obliterated my high score on her first try. My dad did the same thing with my Galaga score.

She is surprisingly bad at Donkey Kong though. She does alright with Galaga, but Centipede is where it's at for her.

I think it's surprising anyone is good at DK. :)

Geez, tell me about it. I always worry about taking that last ladder up to Donkey Kong. More often than not, I'll be rewarded with a barrel to the face.

Dang, now I want to break out my 5200 and play a few rounds of Donkey Kong on that system. What a fantastic translation! The 7800 is no slouch either, but the 5200 is one of the few versions with the cement factory, which even the NES game doesn't have!

• 2 weeks later...
So I'm home from school all week due to fall break. I hooked up my 7800 in the living room for my mom, because she babysits a bunch of young children and needs something to occupy them.

So anyway, I set up Centipede with the trackball and handed it to this little girl. She racked up a score of over 40,000 on her first try! And she's THREE years old!

40,000 points, default difficulty, three years old. I was taken aback, because I barely get to 50 or 60 thousand on a good round.

Seriously, is it just me or is 40,000 a crazy high score for such a young child? And it's no fluke it that's what you're thinking; she's played four rounds since and has scored between 20 and 35 thousand every time.

Dear Sir,

We will need video of this event to confirm.

Thank you,

The Management

;)

I believe Centipede was the first arcade game written by a woman.

I thought it was written by Ed Logg? :?

Why on Earth is this? I few this woman that didn't play many games but LOVED Centipede when I set it up.

Strange. Maybe the fascination is to blast bugs... which woman across the board hate.