IGNORED

The Great Atari ST Game Survey - Best title screens

Ok, the Top 50 was well received and enjoyable to compile, so I've decided to extend the survey. Next up, as I was inspired by a particularly tasty one while playing earlier this week (I won't mention it as I don't want to influence the voting) we're going to cover loading screens! Here's what I need:

Your favourite title screens! You can nominate up to five and the order does not matter. Again I will collate the votes into a table and present the results.

Cheers,

Stickhead o-[]:-)

Edited by StickHead

Here is my list (with screenshots or video so we don't disappoint Al. ;))

Epic

video from my falcon, D-Bug magic :)

Another World

post-11778-1225481856_thumb.png

Space Fighter

http://www.atarilegend.com/games/games_det...hp?game_id=3292

Awesome 3d

No second prize

Didn't find an ST video online but it's the same as on the amiga (YM sound on the ST obviously, which I prefer to the amiga one for this game)

Venus the flytrap

post-11778-1225481918_thumb.png

I don't believe I've ever seen "Epic" or "No Second Prize" before. I'm guessing they came out after I moved away from the ST. I remember being impressed with the music from "Starglider", which was digitized and pretty unique at the time (at least for as long as it was). Trying to remember some of the other game I played on the ST. Lots of stuff that didn't really have crazy intro screens, like Dungeon Master, Sundog, Blood Money, various Magnetic Scrolls games, and tons of other stuff. But I assume many of the better looking/sounding titles came later..

It's great to see video from these games! :)

..Al

They are both from 1993. I really need to record Space Fighter though. Its intro is superb.

Yeah, that would have been well after I had moved into the world of DOS. At the time I was working on BBS software with a friend of mine, and we had become pretty frustrated with Atari and development on the ST. I remember we were using the Mark Williams C compiler at the time. We had developed a pretty sophisticated BBS, and it could even support up to 16 computers on a local network via the MIDI ports, as well as people dialing in over the modem. But after becoming frustrated with how Atari was handling the ST in the US, we moved on. I remember paying $3,000 for a 386-25DX from Gateway--the only PC I ever bought of that nature, not including laptops (and not including Macs, which I wouldn't get into until much later)..

So, I'm not familiar with all the great software that came after I dropped out of the ST scene. I was playing PC games at that point (Ultima VI and VII, Wing Commander, and so forth)..

..Al

Then make sure to check my blog real soon if you have an ST with hard disk (and some time ;)). Atari really didn't know what to do with the ST after 1988-89 or so, which is a shame. Anyway, we are still here. :)

I do, I have several STs, including a Mega ST with a MegaFile 30, although who knows if that works any more. :D :D In the original boxes, even. I did setup another ST recently as I had some ST software I was going to sell, but never got around to it.

..Al

I always liked teh Alternate Reality start sequence - though the 8bit version is better :)

Yeah, The 8-bit version is definitely better. I was pretty disappointed when I first viewed the Atari ST version!

After seeing the Alternate Reality intro on a friend's Atari 800XL, it wasn't long before I saved up enough money to buy my own. :)

..Al