IGNORED

Hobgoblin - game for Halloween

nosty

Hello,

I'm proud to present a game with ghost and hobgoblins... perfect for Halloween! :)

Please visit new site http://www.gr8.atari.pl and download a freeware version or buy a cartridge edition.

A freeware version is available on friendly site http://atarionline.pl too.

best regards

--

nosty

GR8 SOFTWARE

Edited by nosty

hmm,

looks like the emu does not like the file version of the game very much. At the start I can see the titlescreen, but as soon as I press any key, the title disappears and then the emu crashes (tried keys 1, 2, 3 and others; Start, Select and Option seem to have no effect; the fire-button which is key zero on the numeric keypad also gives a crash)... Now I have to test the game on the real Atari... -Andreas Koch.

hmm,

looks like the emu does not like the file version of the game very much. At the start I can see the titlescreen, but as soon as I press any key, the title disappears and then the emu crashes (tried keys 1, 2, 3 and others; Start, Select and Option seem to have no effect; the fire-button which is key zero on the numeric keypad also gives a crash)... Now I have to test the game on the real Atari... -Andreas Koch.

What emulator are you using? Everything seems to be working fine for me in Atari800Win PLus.

What emulator are you using? Everything seems to be working fine for me in Atari800Win PLus.

Yup, Atari800Win Plus here as well and the game is a happy bunny. And the quick glance i gave it whilst writing up the OSG news item was very promising, it looks and sounds good and plays pretty nicely too (a bit hard but i've never been one to shy away from a challenge =-) so nice one guys.

Oh, and "yay!" about starting GR8 as well. =-)

Very well conversion!

A good game with a high 'just once again'-factor. Best playability of all XXL productions I've tested so far.

(The sound-FX are a solid background tune substitution... ;) )

Better to have one game like this, than 10 demos like the one discussed in the other thread!

Thank you

Irgendwer

Hobgoblin is really hard to play. You must be extremely concentrated. However, for every situation where our hero comes in, there is a smart solution - once learned you manage the mean parts quite okay then when you repeat again and again.

but it's a pity that no code system is here, to quick-jump into an unlocked level. yes, we play a game from the 80s on a machine from the 70s. but still - I wish sometimes more "joy of playing games" like you see in next-gen games like on the ps3 and stuff. a game created/released in 2008 could imho include some of these modern-day concepts.

nevertheless, gr8 game!

grtx,

\twh

possible in the next games will be added to the cardridge:

- recording hiscore

- at any time to write the state of the game and later begin at this point

- built-in mini editor / cheat loader as on m.a.m.e.

Hobgoblin is really hard to play. You must be extremely concentrated. However, for every situation where our hero comes in, there is a smart solution - once learned you manage the mean parts quite okay then when you repeat again and again.

I'd pay money to be able to duck! Maybe that'd make the game too easy?

Well,

I am currently using Atari 800 Win Plus 4.0 (german version, downloaded from Abbuc) with the following settings:

(Win XP), XL/XE, 1088 kb, PAL, SIO patch off, H: patch off, Basic off, speed 100%,

and I have downloaded the files from two different sites, GR8 homepage and atarionline.pl, both fileversions have a length of 47kbytes. But as said before, whenever I double-click the hobgoblin.xex file, Atari800WinPlus starts, I can see the hobgoblin titlescreen - and as soon as I press any key the emu crashes (I see a window then which says something like "The Atari computer has crashed. Should the monitor console be started ?" YES/NO - and since its a german version this appears as german text)...

-Andreas Koch.

Hello,

I'm proud to present a game with ghost and hobgoblins... perfect for Halloween! :)

Please visit new site http://www.gr8.atari.pl and download a freeware version or buy a cartridge edition.

A freeware version is available on friendly site http://atarionline.pl too.

best regards

--

nosty

GR8 SOFTWARE

Just signed up for one in the next batch.

I am currently using Atari 800 Win Plus 4.0 (german version, downloaded from Abbuc) with the following settings:(Win XP), XL/XE, 1088 kb, PAL, SIO patch off, H: patch off, Basic off, speed 100%,

I set the same setting like yours and Hobgoblin works fine. It has to be something wrong with german version of emulator or Windows?

Does the game run on NTSC A8s?

It is written on GR8Soft webpage - game works on both types of Atari: NTSC and PAL.

Well,

after some hours of testing (and re-installing Atari 800 Win three times), I found out there was something wrong with A800Win and Win XP. The emu did not load a lot of games anymore, most tip animations appeared only as static pictures and other "nice" unwanted effects...

When I re-installed the emu several times, the bugs were still there (and nothing seemed to have changed). Until I found out there is an option in A800 Win, to clear all settings. Did that and set my favourite settings again, and now everything is fine again ! Now Hobgoblin and all other stuff works as it should...

Its still strange that A8 Win showed these bugs (before re-installing and clearing all settings), since I had not changed the settings for quite a while (but I downloaded some patches for Win XP from Microsoft, maybe that was it). But anyway, now everything is fine again... and if I ever have this problem again, I will simply try to clear all settings before re-installing... greetings, Andreas Koch.