IGNORED

Cheese on a breadboard

mimo

Yes, isn't it cool what others can do without Photoshop and a tabbed editor?

I tried your Atari-on-a-breadboard idea and I couldn't quite get it to work. I figured that maybe I didn't have a high enough quality of wood, as I picked something I use in the kitchen. Well at least we know it's RoHS compliant so we can ship it to the EU. So I went out to http://naturesownbread.com to make sure there weren't any IP patent infringements on using this bread in my design. I picked wheat because it's all I have. There's plenty holes in the bread for all the pins. Problem is, I couldn't get your "Plus" arrangement topology to get the most efficient bus pinouts to work. So I used your "StarBus" recommendation and was able to squeeze it onto a piece of bread, layered on my weathered kitchen board! Rather than call it an "Atari on a breadboard", I'll call it an Atari-ich. This way it keeps true to its lineage of a tasty snack and my favorite 8-bit platform.

Any ideas on how to make this work? Should I add pickles maybe to lower the capacitance? Or maybe a dab of ketchup to keep the IC packages cool? I think it would awesome marketing to re-wire the Atari inside of a fish, so we could sell them as "Fish and Chips".

post-1647-1226080913_thumb.jpg

I tried your Atari-on-a-breadboard idea and I couldn't quite get it to work. I figured that maybe I didn't have a high enough quality of wood, as I picked something I use in the kitchen. Well at least we know it's RoHS compliant so we can ship it to the EU. So I went out to http://naturesownbread.com to make sure there weren't any IP patent infringements on using this bread in my design. I picked wheat because it's all I have. There's plenty holes in the bread for all the pins. Problem is, I couldn't get your "Plus" arrangement topology to get the most efficient bus pinouts to work. So I used your "StarBus" recommendation and was able to squeeze it onto a piece of bread, layered on my weathered kitchen board! Rather than call it an "Atari on a breadboard", I'll call it an Atari-ich. This way it keeps true to its lineage of a tasty snack and my favorite 8-bit platform.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

Cannot quite put my finger on it, but I think maybe the MMU is missing, unless of course the breadboard is double sided.

The 'StarBus' should work well, certenatly keeps a twinkle in my eye :D

James

Here is my support:

post-8944-1226246132_thumb.jpg

By the time i post this, the cheese is getting reverse-engineered on molecular basis :)

Hey Beetle, trust you, the guy that put all the IC's on the wrong side of a 600XL to come up with the alternative cheese on a breadboard on an Atari :cool: