IGNORED

Did you love the first game you got for your 2600?

Godzilla

Another thread brought this up, but I thought it would make an interesting topic.

Did you love your first 2600 game? (The first cart you got for it?) (If it's basic math, then tell us about your second. :) )

Venture was the first cart I got for my 2600 when my family could finally afford to buy my friends used Atari 2600 (It was the only game I had for quite some time, too.) I loved it, really loved it. Still do. Still prefer it to any other version. There's just 'something about it' to me :) I used to imagine the overworld maps in great detail :) and the 'in room' graphics and monsters too... So... was it just me?

My first two carts were Super Baseball and Donkey Kong. I received them with my 2600 Jr. for Christmas 1987. I loved both of those games... especially Super Baseball. I used the Detroit Tigers roster and I would make lineup cards, track statistics, and kept score for my games. I had binders of this stuff.

My first two carts were Super Baseball and Donkey Kong. I received them with my 2600 Jr. for Christmas 1987. I loved both of those games... especially Super Baseball. I used the Detroit Tigers roster and I would make lineup cards, track statistics, and kept score for my games. I had binders of this stuff.

I used to create lineups and track my players performance in a scorebook also but based on Gamestar Baseball on the Commodore 64. My first non pack-in game for the Atari was Breakout. I received it with my Atari on Christmas Day. I really enjoyed it (still do) but it wasn't one of my all-time favorites. The first game I picked out myself was Basketball. I played it a ton but I liked Breakout better.

I think my first games were Missile Command, Super Breakout and Defender.

Needless to say, the first 2 were fine. Super Breakout IMO on the 2600 was the best version of that game on any platform.

Defender on the other hand was a piss-poor effort, and I pretty quickly got tired of it.

Put me down as another person who got Space Invaders along with the regular 2600 package. (The financial incentive of buying the basic console package and getting a second game - a $40 value! (or whatever Jamesway was advertising at the time) - clinched the deal to my parents.) I played SI for hours and hours. Snow days that winter were simply awesome.

Got Asteroids with the 2600 on Christmas Day 1981. Yes, I loved it, and yes, I still do. It was the hottest game (as I remember) at that particular time. For awhile, all I could play was that and the games that other people who recently had gotten Ataris had.

Mine came with Target Fun.. which I cant say I "loved" but thought it was neat since it was similar to Sea Wolf and other arcade games.

The game we bought with it was Space Invaders. Did I love it? I guess so. But I was a kid who was very familiar with the arcade game so the differences were a huge distraction to me. I still thought it was neat to play videogames at home though.. and I learned to know the 2600 version inside and out. But that was the first lesson in how the home versions weren't the same as the arcade stuff I wanted.

Edited by NE146

I was one of those people who bought the console and Space Invaders at the same time. Yep, I loved it.

My father bought us a 2600 for Christmas one year, and we got a few games with it-- Space Invaders, Missile Command, Air-Sea Battle (I think), and maybe a couple of others. I loved Missile Command the most, but it was also a lot of fun to play Tank with my brothers and sisters. It's hard to remember which games we got with the 2600, and which ones were bought later-- Asteroids, Superman, Adventure, Video Pinball, etc. I became a 2600 junkie overnight. :)

Michael