IGNORED

Lexus of Seattle - December to Remember 2008

colecomaniac

Cool! :thumbsup: Although it looks like his six-switch changes into a four-switch by the time he gets it hooked up to his TV ;) (tough to see though - could just be due to the quality of the video).

It's quite obvious if you click the watch in high quality link just below the video.

UH, what exactly is obvious? I still see 6 switcher then I see the 4 switch model. What exactly am I missing?

Atari and Infogrames must be strapped for cash.

It's a series of commercials. I think they're just tapping any big nostalgia toys.

For example, here's one with a "Big Wheel".. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=J2qS2FAN3HI

Agree! That's really all this is. If the big nostalgia item were cans of sardines then you can bank on a Lexus ad showing a kid getting huge cans of sardines for Christmas. It just appeals to nostalgia. They could really make it about anything, as long as it's going to engender pleasant memories in the audience.

Cool! :thumbsup: Although it looks like his six-switch changes into a four-switch by the time he gets it hooked up to his TV ;) (tough to see though - could just be due to the quality of the video).

It's quite obvious if you click the watch in high quality link just below the video.

UH, what exactly is obvious? I still see 6 switcher then I see the 4 switch model. What exactly am I missing?

obvious - "easily discovered, seen, or understood"

It's easy to see that it changed from 6 switch to 4 switch in the high quality video. In the low quality video I had to watch it a few times to make it out.

Atari and Infogrames must be strapped for cash.

It's a series of commercials. I think they're just tapping any big nostalgia toys.

For example, here's one with a "Big Wheel".. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=J2qS2FAN3HI

Yeah I've seen the Big Wheel one too. Pretty funny. That kid's delivery is makes me want to get my big wheel again!

Well, green machine, I did not have a big wheel.

I thought it was a nice commercial. Yes, it's just using the Atari etc to sell a car, but it's still nice, and was well-done. And, today, I'd rather have the Lexus, but it sure wouldn't replace the feeling on that fateful Christmas morning in 1981.

I was wondering if somebody was going to bring up this commercial on the forums! I was watching the Jets game in between dozing off and on on the couch. According to my wife, I was sound asleep when I awoke suddenly to the Atari/Lexus commercial, yelling about the Atari in it! :D When I'm sleeping, nothing can get my attention, but I guess I'm programmed to wake up for old game sounds. I've been in this hobby for too long...

Great commercial, BTW!

obvious - "easily discovered, seen, or understood"

It's easy to see that it changed from 6 switch to 4 switch in the high quality video. In the low quality video I had to watch it a few times to make it out.

Jeez, thanks for the definition. No kidding it was a sixer then it was a 4 switch. Don't get why you said it was obvious. Everyone said it switched from one to the other. I thought you saw something we did not see. Thanks again for the definition though.

I was point out to Nathan that was more obvious to see the change from 6->4 by watching the high-quality version of the video. I would have thought that was made that clear in my reply to you by stating that I had to watch it (the low quality version) a few times to see the change. Since you didn't seem to comprehend that, I thought maybe you were questioning my use of the word "obvious".

Edited by SpiceWare