IGNORED

User Manual for The Last Word 2.1

flashjazzcat

I've been working on this for a couple of days and I'm sure it'll have a few mistakes in it, but here it is:

The Last Word 2.1 - User Manual

The documentation that shipped on the Atari disk with the program was out of date and needed alteration - hopefully I've spotted all the changes. If anyone finds any mistakes or inconsistencies, please let me know so that I can work on a 'definitive' release of this documentation.

Enjoy! :)

Edited by flashjazzcat

Very impressive Manual. Thanks, This will be a great help for using LW. :)

A small typo I noticed.

9.6.2 SPARTADOS X MEMORY CONFIGURATIONS

If you have a 130XE or other expanded RAM machine, you can achieve the largest possible paste bugger with LW by including in your CONFIG.SYS file the line:

Edited by rdea6

A small typo I noticed.

If you have a 130XE or other expanded RAM machine, you can achieve the largest possible paste bugger with LW by including in your CONFIG.SYS file the line:

LOL! That's a good one! The Paste Bugger feature was removed in version 1.6 :D

Thanks for the corrections: I've spotted some other mistakes (such as the messed up heading half way down page 5-24 and a couple of obsolete references to icons which were removed after version 1.0). I'll give myself a chance to have another few read-throughs, then release a corrected version.

A small typo I noticed.

Thanks for the corrections: I've spotted some other mistakes (such as the messed up heading half way down page 5-24 and a couple of obsolete references to icons which were removed after version 1.0). I'll give myself a chance to have another few read-throughs, then release a corrected version.

I was wondering about that. I saw the references to icons and I thought cool but I don't remember seeing any. :)

Allan

A small typo I noticed.

I was wondering about that. I saw the references to icons and I thought cool but I don't remember seeing any. :)

Allan

Yeah - the icons were taken out to save space but there's an add-in for the current version which brings them back. I'll release it very shortly.

post-21964-1228831648_thumb.png

post-21964-1228831717_thumb.png

Edited by flashjazzcat

That's cool. I'd love to see them added. I wouldn't mine losing a line or two to have them. How did you work the icons? was there mouse support or did you step through them with a key?

Allan

There was never any mouse support (I never had a mouse), but the add-in could be easily modified to handle mouse input. As it stands, you invoke the icons with <CTRL+T> and use the left and right cursor to move and <Return> to select. You don't lose any screen space because they fit in the two-line status area. Try them here:

LWADDINS.zip

Just load them with <SHIFT+CTRL+M> and call up with <CTRL+T>. There are a few add-ins: two versions of the icons, a sort routine, a calculator, and more... documentation will follow soon. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat