IGNORED

Added in meantime

ppera

As our kind buggers spoiled original thread, I need to start another:

Added latest adaptations at: http://ppera.07x.net/atari/fromhd.php

OIDS - one of most anticipated games (although it looks pretty poor :) )

Mickey's Runaway Zoo - for small kids

Car Vup - interesting platform

Tai-Pan

Famous Five

F1 Tornado - fast 3D, low realism :D

Fascination - erotic adv.

Firestar - kill that mouse buttons

Lemmings - no need to present

Lemmings 2 - GameSave/Load works not (for now)

Flintstones - patched for TOS 2.06 and 4.0x .

Galdregon's Domain

Fred

Adaptations are 'as is' . Nobody except buggers complained about them. If you encounter some problems drop me a mail or PM. with some details about system. It there stays that works not on Falcon or that has errors I will not bother with it. There is still a lot of STs operational.

I still don't understand why you test your patched games on your Falcon if you don't care. :?

And too bad Magic Boy has no sound when run on Falcon, since it is a very good platformer that would deserve a full adaptation. :sad:

Actually, Falcon is not mine. Just one man, who has another one loaned me for longer time - for testing purposes. I care, but not so much. I agree that Magic Boy is nice game. But my concern is hard disk adaptation and what goes with it partially - adapting for higher TOS versions. Before 2 years I knew almost nothing about Falcon. Still don't know many things. As Magic Boy is only second one, what I saw that has no sound (first was Starball, if remember well) all this sound problem is new for me.

What I want to point is that people can learn things. All it is question of motivation and time.

In case of Magic Boy problem is that it was released in 1993. So, for me it looks as very unlikely that fixing sound will be easy. Otherwise programmers would solve it, I guess. Maybe it is just disabled because of some troubles with...

As Magic Boy is only second one, what I saw that has no sound (first was Starball, if remember well) all this sound problem is new for me.

What I want to point is that people can learn things. All it is question of motivation and time.

In case of Magic Boy problem is that it was released in 1993. So, for me it looks as very unlikely that fixing sound will be easy. Otherwise programmers would solve it, I guess. Maybe it is just disabled because of some troubles with...

The Falcon-patched version of Legends of Valour from The Lemmings (if memory serves) has no sound either. Quite ironic, if you consider the superior hardware the Falcon had at the time when it came to sound. :)

As Magic Boy is only second one, what I saw that has no sound (first was Starball, if remember well) all this sound problem is new for me.

The Falcon-patched version of Legends of Valour from The Lemmings (if memory serves) has no sound either. Quite ironic, if you consider the superior hardware the Falcon had at the time when it came to sound. :)

weird!! as that's only Ben Daglish chip music and i don't even think it uses Shadow Regs!

Grz

weird!! as that's only Ben Daglish chip music and i don't even think it uses Shadow Regs!

Grz

It's 99% not the music. I've seen that in the past - it crashes on something else!

Another game with no sound on Falcon, what I saw is not Starball but Crapman (nice Pacman clone).

I looked little in Magic Boy - it uses shadow regs., but it is not the problem, of course. If problem is because of different stack frame of 68030 it could be fixed easy, but it seems very unlikely... Anyway, I will look more during hollidays. If nothing else, will learn little :)

Another game with no sound on Falcon, what I saw is not Starball but Crapman (nice Pacman clone).

I looked little in Magic Boy - it uses shadow regs., but it is not the problem, of course. If problem is because of different stack frame of 68030 it could be fixed easy, but it seems very unlikely... Anyway, I will look more during hollidays. If nothing else, will learn little :)

I remember playing Crapman on Falcon for the STOT. It definitely has sound.

Special Xmas gift: fixed video on Falcon in OIDS. Fixed sound playback of Magic Boy on Falcon.

Use sort by date on page, so latest updates will be on the top of table.

Btw. problem by Magic Boy was that it uses 6.25KHz DMA sound when DMA sound HW is detected. But Falcon supports not that samplerate. I fixed it by fooling detection, so on Falcon it uses PSG sound (as on ordinary ST). Interesting - it looks that authors were not informed about Falcon's capabilities, or just didn't care.

Special Xmas gift: fixed video on Falcon in OIDS. Fixed sound playback of Magic Boy on Falcon.

Use sort by date on page, so latest updates will be on the top of table.

Btw. problem by Magic Boy was that it uses 6.25KHz DMA sound when DMA sound HW is detected. But Falcon supports not that samplerate. I fixed it by fooling detection, so on Falcon it uses PSG sound (as on ordinary ST). Interesting - it looks that authors were not informed about Falcon's capabilities, or just didn't care.

Thank you! :)

Grz

It's 99% not the music. I've seen that in the past - it crashes on something else!

I'll ask Pele to take another look at it, I'm sure he'll be up for fixing his fix 15 years later.

Latest updates:

Gravity: very interesting, original.

OIDS - Falcon fixed.

Crapman - Falcon sound works.

Stone Age - 2 versions.

Magic Boy - Falcon sound fixed.

Great Giana Sisters

Hero Quest

Helter Skelter - funny

Hook - this can be finished (in less than 30 mins). Solution suplied.

Heroes of the lance

Happy New Year !

Updated Helter Skelter, version from 1990 (much better than first). There is bad Automation crack around (and in Gamebase ST) - game just finishes when time runs out instead losing 1 life. It is fixed and trainer options added.

In January: Hook

I Ludicrus

Jumpin' Jackson

Jungle Book

Mouse Trap

Pac-Land

Unreal

Some updates made:

Another World: Falcon sound init added as after clean boot it had no sound (at least not with TOS 4.02)

Dive Bomber: Some memory allocation fixes and Mega STE speed control

Helter Skelter: Patched Falcon PSG sound, intro plays sample on all machines

... Patched Falcon PSG sound....

Patched Falcon sound means: instead movep.l d0,0(a0) putting swap d0, movep.w d0,0(a0), swap d0, movep.w d0,0(a0) (or can be done in many ways) ... Patch makes less noise by sample playback for instance. What I did in several cases already - Prince of Persia, Xenon 2 ...

Just to note, as some proven liars talking about ripping adaptations. Haha.... what adaptation ? Already hard disk compatible game made hard disk compatible ? Now go, and disasm. to see how it is fixed :)

... Patched Falcon PSG sound....

Patched Falcon sound means: instead movep.l d0,0(a0) putting swap d0, movep.w d0,0(a0), swap d0, movep.w d0,0(a0) (or can be done in many ways) ... Patch makes less noise by sample playback for instance. What I did in several cases already - Prince of Persia, Xenon 2 ...

What kind of difference to the sound quality does that change make? Would that also improve the sound on a standard ST?