IGNORED

HELP ME Please?

DarkPortrait

ok well me and my friend have been working on a homebrew for atari 2600 and things WERE going good were almost done!

k well the game is a frogger clone and it runs good on the supercharger (we made it for it anyways for the ram) but my friends computer got stolen so we lost the source code :( thats not the reason i am asking for help.

HELP QUESTION

i have the rom on my desktop and we want to change the grahics becuase we drew crude ones and now we are ready to put in the good ones now when ever we edit it with either BITHACKER OR HACKOMATIC 3 we lose the top 6 rows of pixels WTF it messes the whole game up >:( Can someone tell me how to fix it?? please

Second question

Is it possible to put a rom that works on the supercharger onto cartridge format becuase we are planning on releaseing the game on cartridge. the rom is 9kb i think will adding ram on the cart make it work becasue i am the artist and some proggraming plus the "Director" of it and he is the programmer and since we have LOST the code do we have to rewright it or anything? any help would be nice

p.s who ever stole matt's computer (alienware) please return it damn it was hard enough talking to him since he moved to nyc but now this is unbearable Ahhhhhhhhhh. thxs

stuart

Why don't you just use DiStella to recreate some code? 

yeah that WAS a good idea but apparently DiStella doesn't allow the disassemble of of 9kb it is too big. maybie its a wrong command i do this

distella sinking.bin -a > frog.s

and it makes a frog.s but gives this ERROR

Error: .bin file must be 2048 or 4096 bytes

for 2600 games; For 7800 games, .bin file must be

16384, 32768 or 49152 bytes (+128 bytes if header appended)

Also, the -7 option must be set or unset appropriately

any help there???

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101792

That thread pertains to standard 8k binaries, but pretty much the same steps are involved for other bankswitch methods. Split the file, and look around in automatic disassemblies to get the info needed to create .cfg files for the split parts, then make some new disassemblies using the .cfgs to guide Distella.

In the case of the Supercharger, you are interested in the first 4k (4096 bytes), and the next 2k (2048 bytes). The rest beyond that is the loader and buffer area.

That thread pertains to standard 8k binaries, but pretty much the same steps are involved for other bankswitch methods. Split the file, and look around in automatic disassemblies to get the info needed to create .cfg files for the split parts, then make some new disassemblies using the .cfgs to guide Distella.

In the case of the Supercharger, you are interested in the first 4k (4096 bytes), and the next 2k (2048 bytes). The rest beyond that is the loader and buffer area.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! :) Ill try it out right now if it works THANK YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

btw do you have an explanation how to make the first amount of pixels shift on me maybie help me on that if so i can send u decompiled source. like i said i cant program very well in asm and could get as much help as i can because its another month before i can get in contact with my buddy

BTW burning an image intended for the Supercharger to an Eprom will not work. You could alter the game to use the superchip method of added RAM tho. A limited number of boards are around for that.

btw whats this superchip method you are refering too

Superchip gives you 128 extra bytes of RAM, as opposed to the Supercharger, which gives you 6k of RAM.

It is already possible to release Superchip games on cart. However, it will soon be possible to release a Supercharger game on cart.

BTW burning an image intended for the Supercharger to an Eprom will not work. You could alter the game to use the superchip method of added RAM tho. A limited number of boards are around for that.

btw whats this superchip method you are refering too

Superchip gives you 128 extra bytes of RAM, as opposed to the Supercharger, which gives you 6k of RAM.

It is already possible to release Superchip games on cart. However, it will soon be possible to release a Supercharger game on cart.

how soon cuz that could save a LOT of reverse engineering on our part for this game???