IGNORED

FOR SALE: ESTABLISHED ONLINE CLASSIC AND MODERN VIDEOGAME RETAIL BUSINESS

gooddealgames

Okay, this is a "feeler" so to speak. Please note that I am CONSIDERING selling the business.

Most of you know that I have been "on the scene" for over thirty years, and retrogaming is my LOVE!

Please note that I am NOT closing up shop or anything, so you may continue to place orders which will be honored.

I personally do not want to sell the organization, but personal responsibilities may deem that I do so...

With the long-term illness and death of father, I have become the primary caretaker for my disabled mother, my mentally challenged sister and three of her four children, in addition to my own personal family including a newborn.

Anyway, here is some basic information...

Over 10,000 items in inventory, most of which is new factory sealed.

Since 1990, we have sold over 12,000 individual games, with established regular and returning clientele base. We receive more than 2,000 distinct individuals each day - almost 4 million UNIQUE visitors to the website since its’ inception.

The company has a FANTASTIC reputation and name recognition. Being online before retro-gaming became fashionable, and coupled with sponsorship and appearances at dozens of videogame expos, people know our brand name. Web domain name is very established. Any Google or Alta Vista search for keywords such as “Classic Videogame” or “Classic Videogames” ranks us in the top 40, netting such admirable positions as #1, #4, #14, #19 and #36 out of over 20 million results. Furthermore, the organization has an unheard of 7+ year FLAWLESS 100% Positive Feedback report from E-Bay. The domain alone is valued at over 10K.

In addition to our inventory and reputation, we are a destination spot for video gamers. The website has over 400 pages of content (articles, interviews, social networking, comics, etc.) that draw visitors to the website, thus increasing sales.

The plan can easily be modified to work as a traditional “brick and mortar” operation in any town, while still accepting online orders for additional revenues. If a new owner were to focus on the business full time, the rewards could be even more amazing!

Serious inquires contact (716) 649-4653. Ask for Michael. Thank you!

He is well known in the other classic game circles. I don't think he ever had as much Atari as Atari2600.com but he saw the release of several unreleased Sega CD games. The well rounded classic collector has heard of him no doubt about it but someone who sticks with just Atari 2600 may not have.

I've seen him at both Cinci-classic and Philly classic game shows. Great guy to deal with.

Sorry to hear about your real life issues Michael. I wish you good luck with your sale.

Edited by Buyatari

He is well known in the other classic game circles. I don't think he ever had as much Atari as Atari2600.com but he saw the release of several unreleased Sega CD games. The well rounded classic collector has heard of him no doubt about it but someone who sticks with just Atari 2600 may not have.

I've seen him at both Cinci-classic and Philly classic game shows. Great guy to deal with.

Sorry to hear about your real life issues Michael. I wish you good luck with your sale.

Uh-uh! I know Michael and vouch for him also, met him in person at least 3 times., I only collect 2600 though. :P

Good luck Michael.

GDG was one of the first places I remember buying from and still have recently "I Cyborg..Vectrex". THANK YOU AGAIN Michael.

If you havent heard of them its too bad for you. They have had ALOT of interesting stuff thru the years. Unreleased games & Homebrews are always a plus. All I did was type in google some thing like "Classic video games for sale" to find them years ago.

I have had great transactions with them.

So chill on the Negs.

Everybody has some bad times, I know members here can SMB "Suck a Monkey Butt" pretty bad on replies if you ever get one at all, "when you can see they log in everyday...makes me wonder WHY!". Or they sell from underneth you .....alot.

Michael is stand up guy!

Hope all goes well for you and yours!

Man, the negative responses right away. GoodDealGames has been around for years - like a Best Electronics, Atari2600.com, 4-jays, etc. Sorry to hear your news, but best of luck on the sale.

I agree, all it took me was a google search before I got to the post with the address...

Uh-uh! I know Michael and vouch for him also, met him in person at least 3 times., I only collect 2600 though. :P

Good luck Michael.

I can also vouch for Michael. I've met him before (I think for the first time at a CinciClassic eons ago) and have had multiple dealings with him over the year. He's a stand-up guy and his offer here is legitimate.

..Al

WOW, all I can say is WOW...

The classic gaming community has meant a great deal to me over the years.

I will certainly not be leaving the scene even if I do decide to sell GDG, but the kind words that I have just read makes my heart melt and definitely makes me sad that I may have to part with my baby (sigh)

I am too heavily invested in my personal hobby to ever part, but the business side of things is taking it's toll and interfering with family and those that need me...

As far as "7800 Fiend" goes, I'm not sure why he cannot reach me. I only communicate through e-mail and telephone, as I am no longer hip or young to communicate in more modern means, but I do personally reply to every e-mail that comes through, regardless of wether I am able to assist or not. All I can say is that I never heard from you "7800 fiend" but give me a call and we'll chat. How may I be of service?

Sincerely,

Michael of GDG

www.GoodDealGames.com

I too can vouch for Michael. I've known him for over eight years and am happy to call him a personal and trusted friend. Michael has also done a lot of work for me, including the covers to Ralph Baer's and Bill Kunkel's books, as well as my own ABC To The VCS. And the cover to the 4th edition of Phoenix, seen as my avatar, was done by him also. And he has never asked for anything in return.

Michael has also done covers for Classic Gaming Magazine and the current Video Game Trader. And he writes for Die-Hard Gamer. He is very respected in the classic collectible community.

Michael and GDG have been staples of the classic gaming scene for years. As others here have indicated, he is a great guy with a legitimate business offer for someone looking to break into the business with a major headstart. Good luck on your sale, Mike :)

Speaking of GDG, Mike has donated tons of content to our radio station - http://www.RetroArcadeRadio.com.

Edited by Parrothead

i surely can vouch on Michael, and thank him for all the support he gave me as a retrogame producer and fan.

very sad to read this post, Michael, but i agree that family is more important than business and fun.

it's a hard choice you're doing, but you have my sympathy!

good luck on whaterver you'll do next, and with selling the business.