IGNORED

The *real* Supersystem

remowilliams

Man, Id love a system w/ 5200/2600/7800 slots (all 3 at once) and like component or at least seperate audio and video :) That is vvery cool.. Are these being sold?

what is the point if you cant use the same controller

that is why the adapter sucked if you have to have a set of 2600 controllers,joystick,paddles,keypad

might as well just have the system

Man, Id love a system w/ 5200/2600/7800 slots (all 3 at once) and like component or at least seperate audio and video :) That is vvery cool.. Are these being sold?

that is why the adapter sucked if you have to have a set of 2600 controllers,joystick,paddles,keypad

Yeah, that's the biggest problem. If you can't use 7800 or 2600 controllers, why bother?

Yeah, that's the biggest problem. If you can't use 7800 or 2600 controllers, why bother?

huh

what i was saying is that you have to use 2600 controls with the 2600 adapter

i assume with this contraption you have to use a 7800 controller

and if you use a 2600 paddle game you need a set of 2600 paddles

huh

what i was saying is that you have to use 2600 controls with the 2600 adapter

i assume with this contraption you have to use a 7800 controller

and if you use a 2600 paddle game you need a set of 2600 paddles

Exactly. That's what i mean too. If you need all these controllers, may as well just use a 2600 or whatever. I'd rather play a game with whatever controller it was designed for. I'd hate to play breakout with a stick. It's nice adapter but can you use all the controllers that were designed for the games?

It's nice adapter but can you use all the controllers that were designed for the games?

Yes, 2600/7800 controllers actually plug into the sides of the adapter just like the original VCS adapter. One thing I found is that it's particularly handy with an AtariVox as it's a perfect fit to stick it in on one side.

The adapter is certainly not the most practical solution, but it was just too neat for me to pass on. Especially since it's sort of a spiritual successor of what Atari would have done if they had ever made the unreleased 'SLAM PAM' module for the 5200. :)

Edited by remowilliams

It's nice adapter but can you use all the controllers that were designed for the games?

Yes, 2600/7800 controllers actually plug into the sides of the adapter just like the original VCS adapter. One thing I found is that it's particularly handy with an AtariVox as it's a perfect fit to stick it in on one side.

The adapter is certainly not the most practical solution, but it was just too neat for me to pass on. Especially since it's sort of a spiritual successor of what Atari would have done if they had ever made the unreleased 'SLAM PAM' module for the 5200. :)

hmm spiritual successor

shouldnt there be a 5200 adapter for the 7800?

its a bit like having a snes adapter for a nes

Is finally here. :cool:

post-5887-1230757217_thumb.jpg

WTF? Why? A 5200 to 7800 adaptor seems like a better idea.

5200/7800 to 2600 adpaters would be killer! :cool:

2600 is still my favorite Atari esthetically speaking, wish all games worked with it.. :P :ponder: :D

Ya I'm still having a hell of a time getting my Wii games to boot properly on my 2600 no matter what I've tried :P