IGNORED

GHOST HUNTERS

neotokeo2001

I will be getting another chance to meet the Ghost Hunters and would like to have a game to get autographed and also present copies to the TAPS guys. Here is who is scheduled to appear:

post-3832-1232073783.jpg post-3832-1232073789.jpg post-3832-1232073796.jpg post-3832-1232073803.jpg

post-3832-1232073811.jpg post-3832-1232073820.jpg post-3832-1232073831.jpg post-3832-1232073843.jpg

post-3832-1232073849.jpg

I could always just hack Haunted House and put it on a cartridge but I would like to have an original game. If any one person or a team would like to help then everyone will get

a copy of the game with whatever autographs they would like. I have come up with a basic outline for a (Batari Basic?) Ghost Hunters game and will detail it below. This can be used or it can be completely scrapped and something different can be made.

DEADLINE is the end of April 2009. Game will be autographed on May 16th, 2009 and pictures will be taken of the game with the Ghost Hunters. If an original game is worked on

I will have original artwork made for the label.

================================================================================

==================================

Worthington Manor-

A lovely old house. But no place to go on a dark night with no moon. Built in the 1800's, the original house was a collection of smaller buildings patched together to create a Manor. The current Manor House was built by Sir Mortis Worthington in 1913. He lived there until he died in 1943 and was buried somewhere at the Manor.

The house was empty for years before hosting several different families, None of which ever stayed very long. Stories began to be told of the strange happenings in and around the house. Some believe that old Mortis never left the house. Others think that something far older then Mortis inhabits the Manor. The grounds remained empty and the house slowly withered and crumbled.

You are a member of the GHOST HUNTERS and you have come to Worthington Manor to capture paranormal evidence of a haunting. Is Mortis Worthington still here? Or is there a darker presence that will manifest itself?

================================================================================

==================================

GHOST HUNTERS

Search the Wortington Manor and the surrounding grounds for evidence of paranormal activity. Try to capture evidence on film.

Gameplay -

Walk through the rooms and grounds of the Manor and look and listen for paranormal activity. Orbs (Balls of light) may appear

when you are close to a location that has activity. Also listen for knocks, thumps or footsteps. (Usually sounds appear when a ghost is present but random sounds without a ghost can also be heard).

When you are in a room that has activity push the fire button to use the EMF Reader. Move the EMF around the room and watch the

bars on the meter. When the bars are constantly maxed out a ghost may be present. Press the fire button again and a ghost may appear. ***(NOT ALL ROOMS WITH ACTIVITY WILL HAVE A GHOST).

There are several different types of Ghost that may appear.

A large Orb

Mist or Vapor

Apparition (Usually vagely human shaped)

Full Body Apparition (The Holy Grail of Ghost Hunting)

Maybe even old Mortis...

When a ghost appears your EMF will be switched to your camara (Screen Border turns red). Try to get a photo before it disappears. Take a photo by moving the camera over the ghost and pushing the fire button. If you capture the ghost the photo will be displayed. Take too long and the ghost will move off the screen and disappear. (The camera and ghost will appear randomly on screen).

*******RANDOM EVENT*******

An Evil Entity may or may not appear in the game. If an Evil Entity appears the player must run from it until it disappears. If it catches the player you are expelled from the Manor and the game is over.

You have from Dusk to Dawn to search the manor and the grounds for evidence. At Dawn the game will be over and your score will be displayed (Each type of ghost will have a point value). Can you capture evidence of paranormal activity? Or will something appear that will drive you from the house?

===================================

post-3832-1232074546_thumb.png

The house is made up of a static floorplan (number of rooms?)

May include outside locations

post-3832-1232074567_thumb.png

Hallways connect rooms.

An orb may appear if there is activity in the next screen.

post-3832-1232074592_thumb.png

Player uses EMF meter to search room.

post-3832-1232074617_thumb.png

The player found a ghost with the EMF meter.

A camera replaces the EMF.

Try to get a picture by placing the camera on the ghost and pushing the fire button.

post-3832-1232074633_thumb.png

If the player gets a picture it is displayed and points are added.

(Sprite is displayed double sized or a new graphic can be made)

On with the hunt....

Edited by neotokeo2001

post-3832-1232075162_thumb.png

post-3832-1232075195_thumb.png

post-3832-1232077526_thumb.png

Yes. It is the Atari version of Jason Hawes. :D

Player - two frame animation

Ghost - single frame or two frame animation

Camera - Uses a second frame when the button is pushed to take a picture

EMF - four frames depending on ghost location.

Ghost are invisible hotspots on screen that the player finds with the EMF meter.

Edited by neotokeo2001

You are a restless spirit, neo! :cool:

Cool. I don't watch TAPS much. Only recognize three of the guys there. Fly me out of this 0 degree weather and I will help. ;)

I am going to get Dave, Grant, Jason and Steve if they are charging (Which most celebs do), or everybody if they are not. Dave and Steve were pretty cool back in October and were not charging for autographs but I didn't have anything to sign. I talked with Dave Tango a few minutes about making a Ghost Hunters Atari game after he saw the Elvira and Phantasm games.

This looks really good. Any chance it will be a Superchip cart?

I am not a programmer so unless someone can work on it it will only be the mock screen shots above. I tried to keep the design something that should be compatible with Batari Basic, No more then the player and one ghost ever appear on screen at the same time.

It can be done with the standard kernel, but I was hoping neo would know if the SC boards would be available before then. This would be great with scaled-down Maniac Mansion style screens.

post-9377-1232146357_thumb.jpg post-9377-1232145561_thumb.jpg

The idea is not bad and your screens look great!

I also tried to make a title-screen, have a good laugh! :lol:

post-12950-1232161949_thumb.png

Here is an example of what screens could look like in 32x32 SC mode, which might be possible with a game like this.

post-9377-1232166061_thumb.jpgpost-9377-1232165782_thumb.jpg

Beautiful! :)

But i don't know if it is a good idea to make this a SC game... Until the end of April is not much time for writing a complete game and we don't know if batari's Harmony Cart will be finished in time... :ponder:

You have from Dusk to Dawn to search the manor and the grounds for evidence. At Dawn the game will be over and your score will be displayed (Each type of ghost will have a point value). Can you capture evidence of paranormal activity? Or will something appear that will drive you from the house?

I'd guess that this would mean that there would be some type of fear meter where when you get max fear you are driven out of the house and lose the game

I like all your ideas for this game neo, but I'm curious why you didn't give the player the possibility of losing. Maybe you should add something like a fear meter.

Since I was basing it on TAPS/Ghost Hunters there really shouldn't be an option for getting killed or losing. I was thinking of having a score based game with a time limit (Sunset to sunrise) which would follow the show more closely. The players score would reflect how much effort they put in to finding ghost. I did have an idea for the EVIL ENTITY as a random element that would end the players game early. The EVIL ENTITY is like an Evil Otto or Venture Hall Guard type enemy.

The fear meter would be cool but I have no idea how to implement it.

Edited by neotokeo2001

Title screens are always hard to make. It would be cool for the title GHOST HUNTERS appearing in a flash of lightning and then have a ghost appear and fly around the screen randomly.

This would be a great theme to play on the title screen:

newtheme2_final.bas.bin

Title screens are always hard to make. It would be cool for the title GHOST HUNTERS appearing in a flash of lightning and then have a ghost appear and fly around the screen randomly.

This would be a great theme to play on the title screen:

newtheme2_final.bas.bin

Yep, that's a nice idea. I haven't watched the show, do they have a Ghost Hunters-logo? I'd like to try making a better title-screen... :D

That music would fit perfectly, it's made by thegoldenband. You should ask him if you can use it for your game, would be easy to include as it was written in bB.

Here's my attempt at a 48 pixel title screen, I didn't have much luck recreating the house though. I might start work on a .bin later tonight.

post-9377-1232331394_thumb.jpg

To add anything else like lightning or moving ghosts, the entire title screen would have to flicker at 30hz. I'll post both in .bin format, and let you decide if it's worth it.

Edited by MausGames