IGNORED

Raiders of the Lost Ark 2

beanflip

I had a lot of fun playing Raiders when I was a kid and I thought some Atari fans might enjoy playing more of it. So some time ago I created the unofficial sequel to Raiders of the Lost Ark. Raiders of the Pharaoh's Tomb can be played on the PC but I made sure to keep the look and feel of the original Atari game. It uses the same resolution, color palate and sounds. Some people don't appreciate the cheesiness but I know you folks at AtariAge will get it. I even put together an instruction manual and tip sheep similar to the ones that came with the Raiders cartridge.

This game is meant to appear to have been created in 1983 or so, hence the Raiders naming convention and the continuation of the Egyptian theme. Raiders of the Pharaoh's Tomb is a free download. Please enjoy!

Raiders_2.zip

Screenshots:

gallery_22521_326_28758.jpggallery_22521_326_1104.jpggallery_22521_326_25020.jpg

Check out my gallery for more.

The controls are just like Stella. Laptop users can use the Delete/End/PageDown Keys in place of the keypad.

I'll be interested in hearing what you guys think about the game, as well as the idea of creating Atari-like games for the PC.

~Beanflip

Is this made strictly for a computer? Or could this conceivably be put onto an Atari cartridge?

Unfortunately it's not portable at all so it'll be PC only.

I hope you guys are enjoying it so far. If you're able to get a perfect score post it here. I'll be very impressed! Just hit F9 to take a screenshot.

Oh man, I tried last night but I can't figure it out.

I need more tips :)

I saw a video on youtube and doesn't help me :(

The puzzles (if you can call them that) are very similar to Raiders. If you can get your brain back to that place you shouldn't have much trouble.

The tip sheet reveals quite a bit. If you still need help just tell me where you're stuck and I'll point you in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that I will need a little bit tip about what to do next

1) I'm able to get the key

2) open the temple and put the torch in place

3) get the mirror of Isis

4) go inside the mirror room and see what objet I will need

5) get the Daffy dog and get the item that they could retrive it :)

now maybe one or two tip will help

1) I don't know what to do to use the car/bus to travel ( I have tried to give him different object, gold at different place like on the car/bus, on him directly, in the basket...etc... I CAN'T

2) one I have the objet as per the mirror or Isis, where do I go? where do I place all those object

3)I was able to go inside a room where arrow was coming from everywhere, get the prism but what about the TNT? (edit) After reading the tip, I think I know where to put the TNT !!!!

if someone could give me a tip to continue a little bit ;)

thanks and I like that game a lot !!!!

Edited by maximebeauvais

GOT IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess that I was lucky with that TNT. I was thinking about a place to put it but after 15 min of trial, it was not working.

I started to go room by room and bang....a big blast in the wall, then it was pretty logic !!!

I will try again with the wrong object to see what it does.

if you want tip...I think I can help

Looks like you're on the right track there maximebeauvais. Now you just need to bring the correct items into the tomb, along with the prism.

I wonder if it's possible to recreate this for 2600 as a rom or bin. So it can be played via emulator and be put on a cart. I bet it would sell pretty good as a cart release.

I wish it were that simple, but for it to be compatible with the Atari someone would have to actually reprogram the whole thing.

Looks like you're on the right track there maximebeauvais. Now you just need to bring the correct items into the tomb, along with the prism.

I wonder if it's possible to recreate this for 2600 as a rom or bin. So it can be played via emulator and be put on a cart. I bet it would sell pretty good as a cart release.

I wish it were that simple, but for it to be compatible with the Atari someone would have to actually reprogram the whole thing.

could you just not do a conversion program ? BTW I know nothing with programmation LOL

I hope that someone does. I want to pop this into my 2600 and play it from the comfort of my living room floor!