IGNORED

ColecoVision SUNRISE carts, NES

ozma wars

Hi there

I got a big Sunrise lot from the sons of the original Italian Distributor. MOUNTAIN KING, ROLLOVERTURE, CAMPAIGN 84, GUST BUSTER, QUEST FOR QUINTANA ROO.

I have all these 5 Sunrise games (carts) for ColecoVision.

They are all new, silver box, with the label reporting the game compatible with both CV and Adam.

All carts are both PAL and NTSC compatibles.

Each cart ( i.e. Mountain King ) comes in a small carton box containing 6 carts ( I repeat, six carts of the SAME game ). These small boxes are branded SUNRISE.

Each small carton box is in a bigger carton box containing 16 boxes.

The big carton box also labelled SUNRISE.

This material arrived to Italy July, 1984 and remained in a warehouse since last December.

I have many, many titles. I will appreciate yr. offers for a minimum order of 6 carts up to...

Yr. enquiries are welcome. Also contact me by email milanometalli@msn.com or by fax ++39024504096.

Kind regards from Italy.

MASSIMILIANO.

Why exactly did you feel the need to put the word NES in your title?

..Al

NES in the title was a mistake.. how to cancel it now ?

pics, for sure, send me an email, I will reply there..otherwise give me some times to add them here, as soon as I understand how to do it.

need to sell these carts, not space enough to the office. no one offer :( ?

ciao

I can afford one of each title at 20.00 ea. (100.00 + Ship) plus shipping to the USA ?

I know this is probably a low offer but with the ecconmy as it is

thats about all I can afford.

if you interested LMK

fnd

Edited by FND

I can afford one of each title at 20.00 ea. (100.00 + Ship) plus shipping to the USA ?

if you interested LMK

Me too...I'll take one of each title if they're priced reasonably.

if you interested LMK

Me too...I'll take one of each title if they're priced reasonably.

I'll take Gust Buster, Rolloverture and Campaign '84 - again if priced reasonably.

I'd definitely be willing to buy ROLLOVERTURE, CAMPAIGN 84, GUST BUSTER, and QUEST FOR QUINTANA ROO if the price was reasonable. $20 each (plus shipping) sounds about right given the amount of stock on hand and the way the economy is. There is an interest in these titles among several of us here.

Edited by Zwackery

Hi there

I agree with you about current economy status and here we suffer as well because of global connections...as agents for Italy of many producers involved in the metals ( one from the U.S.A. too ) I can tell you 2009 will be a terrible year, I see industries comsumptions at - 50% and no forecast for 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Our common hobby will suffer too, of course, that's the reason after years of buying only I finally decided to sell some of my stocks.

Anyway I think a price of 20 USD is really a low offer for these carts.

I can accept orders of 35 Euro for single cartridge, not less, shipping excluded.

or 160 Euro for 5 different carts, shipping not included.

best regards from old Europe

Massimiliano

400 x 5 carts at that price, it will take many years. :ponder:

Yes indeed. At 35 Euro per title - or 45 US dollars as of this morning - moving that much stock will take a long time. After dribbling them out here and there, to private collectors or through eBay or elsewhere, will the profit over time be worth the hassle, especially when you have potential buyers right now? I don't know what the collector base for Colecovision is compared with some of the other big platforms like Atari and Nintendo, but that many carts may saturate the market for these titles.

I should add that I already have all of these titles, silver box Mountain King and the rest in the yellow box later releases, so I'm interested in these mainly as box/cart variations to get the initial silver box versions.

Edited by Zwackery

I can accept orders of 35 Euro for single cartridge, not less, shipping excluded.

Let's compare this situation to Motorodeo for Atari 2600 (which was far rarer than these titles).

It only took a few cases (a hundred or so NIB copies over the past 2 years) to drop that game from $500+ to under $50. It can now be had NIB for about $35 (€27).

None of these titles is worth anywhere near what Motorodeo was. Additionally, the collector base for ColecoVision is significantly smaller than its Atari counterpart and is far more affected by a saturation of specific titles. You'll never get what you're asking given the amount of product on hand, especially for the more common titles (like Mountain King) which can already be had elsewhere for your asking price or less.

yes, can understand yr. point of view of course.....

I can also eventually consider the idea to trade these carts ( also have last 10 copies of Scooby Doo's Maze Chase for Intellivision, new sealed and shrinkwrapped ! ) with some missing games to my collection for :

Arcadia 2001 and mpt-03

Intellivision

Colecovision

ATARI 7800

Vectrex

Creativision

FAMICOM Jap / Nes Europe ( no US-NES games )

Sega master system and SG1000 SC3000

MSX

Epoch SuperCassetteVision

NeoGeoMvs

pcb boards of the 80's

..eventual other systems

1 to 1 if in identical condition or 1 new cart in change of some used ones, may be this of help for you

Let's compare this situation to Motorodeo for Atari 2600 (which was far rarer than these titles).

It only took a few cases (a hundred or so NIB copies over the past 2 years) to drop that game from $500+ to under $50. It can now be had NIB for about $35 (€27).

None of these titles is worth anywhere near what Motorodeo was. Additionally, the collector base for ColecoVision is significantly smaller than its Atari counterpart and is far more affected by a saturation of specific titles. You'll never get what you're asking given the amount of product on hand, especially for the more common titles (like Mountain King) which can already be had elsewhere for your asking price or less.

I am not so a fanatic collector .... when I want one thing I buy it, do not expect 1, 2 or five years before to buy one cart I like. Of course I do it at the best available market situation of the moment. We are speaking of an hobby and I refuse the idea there is a "market". I also collect cars of the 70's and need money to finally complete restoration of 2 cars, one of them made in USA some decades ago ... cannot wait spare parts prices go down next five years or so ..... let me joke, I feel this crisis too, but 30 buckles more or less cannot think change yr. life. I try to sell at this price ( five carts sold in a week in Europe ) when then all crazy buyers gone I will sell for less

ciao

I try to sell at this price ( five carts sold in a week in Europe ) when then all crazy buyers gone I will sell for less

Fair enough...but the crazy buyers will dry up pretty quickly when they see these things popping up every week/month/etc.

Sega master system and SG1000 SC3000

1 to 1 if in identical condition or 1 new cart in change of some used ones, may be this of help for you

I've got quite a few SMS/Mark III/SG-1000 doubles. I'll send you a list and maybe we can trade a few, becuase you're asking too much in cash at the moment.

400 x 5 carts at that price, it will take many years. :ponder:

Yes indeed. At 35 Euro per title - or 45 US dollars as of this morning - moving that much stock will take a long time. After dribbling them out here and there, to private collectors or through eBay or elsewhere, will the profit over time be worth the hassle, especially when you have potential buyers right now? I don't know what the collector base for Colecovision is compared with some of the other big platforms like Atari and Nintendo, but that many carts may saturate the market for these titles.

I should add that I already have all of these titles, silver box Mountain King and the rest in the yellow box later releases, so I'm interested in these mainly as box/cart variations to get the initial silver box versions.

I also already have all of these Sunrise titles with 3 of them being the yellow box versions - mine are all NIB and have been picked up over the years at reasonable prices. These games really are not that rare and I am sure that most of the hardcore CV collectors will have most, if not all, of these games. Pitching the price at 35 EURO + shipping is, in my case and I'm sure others, asking just a little too much.

I would say 9 out of 10 Coleco collectors have your games boxed and really are looking maybe for a sealed or upgrade for their collection. Plus there are no where near as many Colectors for coleco and many like me dont spend as much on them. I am also interested after some feedback comes in from buyers and the price is lower.

I would recommend selling these on eBay. The first several groups probably will bring a nice return. I think that you have a shot at getting your asking price for maybe 5-20 of these. The price will start to fall then because the demand will be gone. You have a huge supply and the marketplace is not that large. Supply and demand will determine price.

Some money is better than no money. You probably could sell several of these for $25 each or all 5 for $100. It might not be want you want but once you sell off the first several copies at a higher price I suspect that you will be happy with the price that I have suggested.

thanks for all yr. comments

Unfortunately for me, have no time for Ebay sales, I spend 10 hrs per day in front of 3 pc-screens following LME stocks, metals up and down, sales etc. so, when home, just wanna relax and no else.

I understand prices higher in Europe for these games. I will continue selling here through friends and small retrogaming-shops.

american collectors, let me have yr. best offer for what you interested in, at fwg. conditions :

offer to be in EURO, payment by bank transfer, no costs for seller. If yr. offer of interest I will reply.

Kind regards

Max

american collectors, let me have yr. best offer for what you interested in, at fwg. conditions :

offer to be in EURO, payment by bank transfer, no costs for seller. If yr. offer of interest I will reply.

The plot thickens.

First off...few people are going to trust you enough to send money via direct transfer (through a bank or Western Union).

Second...due to American banking laws, it is fairly difficult and expensive to do a bank transfer to a foreign bank. Direct transfers between European banks are simpler, but American buyers are pretty much stuck using PayPal or similar services which charge a fee.

Your chances of selling these games (to North American buyers) commission-free are slim to none. Add this to your already high asking price and you're just about killing your chances of selling any of these to non-European buyers.

The plot thickens.

First off...few people are going to trust you enough to send money via direct transfer (through a bank or Western Union).

Second...due to American banking laws, it is fairly difficult and expensive to do a bank transfer to a foreign bank. Direct transfers between European banks are simpler, but American buyers are pretty much stuck using PayPal or similar services which charge a fee.

Your chances of selling these games (to North American buyers) commission-free are slim to none. Add this to your already high asking price and you're just about killing your chances of selling any of these to non-European buyers.

Exactly between the bank transfer fees and high shipping cost from Italy to the US I can not even offer the 20.00 I

originally stated, banking transfer fees for US buyers are just to expensive :(

Oh well this puts me out but I do sincerely wish you luck as I am sure you can use the money to help you through

the down turn

FND

It's a tight spot to be in, having all those boxes and needing to sell them off. There is only one luxury to have in old stock stuff and that's time. If you don't have space, you don't have time.

Frankly I'm anxious just seeing that much stuff to be parted out. I'm doing my best to avoid having a lot of spare stuff, so that just makes me dizzy.

There is a dose of animosity in these posts, but I think that holygrail has the best advice. You could probably set up 6 ads (one for each game alone, and one for a set of 5) and do one set of auctions a month. Any more often and your prices would tank. Even better would be a set of auctions every 2 months, alternating between the set of 5 and the individuals. And I would say to do this on top of any selling outside of eBay.

Best of luck selling. Your best bet to reach N. America is to accept paypal. Just bump the price 5% if you must to make up for fees. We just don't have access to bank transfers here. You can see the other posters are getting the willies with the suggestion of it.