IGNORED

Complex Sounds

emkay

This is the first of emkay's "experiments" that somehow doesn't play on my emulator, with all others playing without a hitch. :( I guess i really should get a flashcart , sio2pc cable or one on the various new flash memory interfaces to hear these on the real hardware, but have so far been a bit lazy. Does this play only under the RMT tracker proggy?

I always appreciate these efforts, even if I sometimes forget to mention that I do.

Sigh, if it's not too much to ask, is there any chance of hearing a sample/recording of the tune/sound?

*looks hopefully towards any potential benefactors*

Edited by AtariNerd

Nice to see people like it :)

About the 4 iterations. They are only used for better "hardsynth" corrections. For the whole tune it is more a negative aspect. Because many FX run too fast (thus not usable), and the envelope is passed in a quarter of time .

A "96" Hz Tracker with Hardsynth optimizing will surely be enough for any tune there. And, yes, still dreaming of an "external" portamento effect. Something like "start note C3 end note C4 speed 1 " ... It would cost some more cpu cycles but it would save a lot of memory, and resulting in a better floating melody.

Well, a recording may come soon... Fandal recorded the tune many times, for comparisions and some better adjustments for the real thing. Thanks to him for helping. But, probably, he got bored or has other stuff to do :)

In the picture you see the waves produced by the two Pokeys. Something like "Squarewaves" seem really rare, doesn't it?

Just to clarify: Fandal is recording the tunes via a frame grabber card, cuting the peaks of the waves. But the overall shapes are according correctly to the produced shapes.

post-2756-1234600628_thumb.jpg

A while ago I promised myself to open never again some Emkay test songs. This one however is surprisingly good. well actually it is brilliant. I have it here running on my real Atari and it just sounds great, it has good bass and for *trommelwirbel first time that Emkay's conversation does not sound "out of tune" even not a little bit *gg !!! hooray!!!

well. Good work man. :)

grtx,

\twh

Hm... I really didn't expect that people like this tune/sounds that much :)

It really could be done better. Just by the fact that a program could be build around the "Hardsynth" techniques.

At least, the tune shows that we can have nice sounding and good music together on the A8 with it's POKEY chip.

On the other hand, my ideas of going through the myst of the missing features for optimized POKEY routines, the faulty emulation, and the fact that I am not a musician, now my ideas ran fully empty.

It cannot be done better with the available software, I guess.

Hopefully, someone has an idea of creating a tool for optimized POKEY music creatings.

Finally just a note:

If someone wants to create music with this, well, I'd try to help with informations around my "Hardsynth" ideas.

even one of 100 experiments in the sound department are ok?

The last conversion by Emkay is the best he has ever done. That's for sure. But the remark "the tune shows that we can have nice sounding and good music together on the A8 with it's POKEY chip" is like saying that there are no other tunes that sound nice and are composed well. I don't agree with the latter. That's why I was asking Emkay what he actually wanted to say. That is no bashing, at least not from my side.

and why are you then trying to bash me, too?

I did what?

reminds me sometimes like GWB or Star Wars:Episode 3... you're either with us, or against us.

You watch too much TV, I afraid.

-> EOD.