IGNORED

Would you be ready?

rygar

I make a small poll to know how many persons would be interested to buy a “lynxvision”.

It would be a small unit that would be connected to a modified lynx .

If there is enough demand (and if the realization is not too much complicated) I intend to produce these machines before 2010.

If there is not enough demand, then this machine will stay in my archives …

If you are interested, here are the three options :

1-Yes, I want this machine and the price is not a problem.

2-Yes, I want this machine provided that the price does not exceed 800€/$1000

3-Yes, I want this machine provided that the price does not exceed 400€/$500

Edited by rygar

I make a small poll to know how many persons would be interested to buy a “lynxvision”.

If there is enough demand (and if the realization is not too much complicated) I intend to produce these machines before 2010.

An question about the hardware - can the lynxvision or parts of them be used to add an modern 3,5"TFT to an Lynx instead of the original one???

Regards Matthias

Yes, I would buy one! :)

But I like to know more and see some specifications before deciding how much I would be willing to pay.

Would a ”Lynxvision” priced at $500 lack any cool or vital features and have bad quality on the components and material? $500 to $1000 (and beyond?) just seem like a big gap. Mass production benefits or wherein lies the difference when you estimate the price?

It's a neat idea, and yeah, and I'd love to play lynx games on my TV. That said, no way in hell I'd pay that kind of money for one though. It would have to be far cheaper to even make me remotely interested in buying.

Edited by Lord Thag

• 1 month later...

Sorry, but I'm in the same thought process as others. A really cool idea and as I get older, to be able to see the games on a large screen TV would be helpful/beneficial. But I doubt I'd be able to justify $500. $200-300, perhaps.

Cheers,

Smeg

• 1 month later...

Lemmings alone would be worth getting the thing for....providing it is not to expensive (but evven $500 is pushing it, I like the lynx, but I don't love the lynx)

Also, I'd have to know features of the thing, how it hooks up (how much work that would be on my part, I'm a dunce when it comes to any6thing more complicated than a controller)

I'd seriously consider it at $200, maybe $300, but $500 just seems to much. If you got enough interest to get the price down to say $100-$200 I'd be sold though.

Lemmings alone would be worth getting the thing for....providing it is not to expensive (but evven $500 is pushing it, I like the lynx, but I don't love the lynx)

Why Lemmings of all games??? There are plenty of Lemmings ports on other systems, and they will even look better on TV. I´d understand if you wanted to play a Lynx-exclusive on TV, but one of the games that was ported to about every console on earth...

Cause it's the only version I havven't beaten to death, and is a different resolution and lagitimately plays differently (without sucking like some of the other games *cough Gameboy color cough* out there)

I guess I do tend to play the SNES version more (just for the music if nothing else) but....come to think of it, there aren't that many games I care about on the lynx, though I only got like 20, and chips challenge is dead, so that won't be one (though that's another game that I'd think would be worth it, and afaik, not on other consoles)

I just can tell that Gauntlet with this device is just unplayable. I guess Klax also :D

turn TV 90° ;)

Btw, I have seen the magical box at the AC 2k9 show, it is really impressive and has lots of components (maybe there are some pics somewhere).

I count around 65 ICs.

Lynxman

• 2 weeks later...

+++ IF IT LOOKS HIGH QUALITY AND WORKS AWESOME ON NEW FLAT SCREEN LCD TV'S LET ME KNOW BECAUSE I WILL LOVE YOU FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have another idea. How about a USB cable system that attaches the Lynx to a computer. Play using the Lynx for the controls, and the computer for image and sound - with power from the USB cable.

For around 25-50 bucks

Huh

Huh

Buy a USB-Pad and a damaged Lynx, solder 1 or 2 hours and double klick the Handy Icon.

But if the Lynx-to-TV-Solution is 100% Cool, the PC solution will be maximum 10%! ;)