IGNORED

Girls of MEGACON 2009

neotokeo2001

Oh, I get it. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Atari 2600, Atari, or even console gaming. Right?

I had a Superman cartridge signed by Margot Kidder and a Flash Gordon cartridge signed by Melody Anderson which I will post some pictures of later. I have an open invitation to any programmers to make original games (2600,5200,7800,Colecovision) that I will get signed by the celebrities. So this is basically an ad for future shows. Other then that, Nope, no Atari 2600.

I personally like classic gaming conventions because a vast majority of us do not wear any funky outfits. Of the over 1,000 people that went to the CGE in 2007 about 2 or 3 people actually dressed up. I guess for us it's more about the games than trying to make a spectacle of ourselves. Though I don't mind a couple of people dressing up it's just gets irritating when every other person is trying to make a statement.

Edited by homerwannabee

I personally like classic gaming conventions because a vast majority of us do not wear any funky outfits. Of the over 1,000 people that went to the CGE in 2007 about 2 or 3 people actually dressed up. I guess for us it's more about the games than trying to make a spectacle of ourselves. Though I don't mind a couple of people dressing up it's just gets irritating when every other person is trying to make a statement.

I think of it as just part of the show. My batteries in my camera died a few hours in so I missed a lot. There were some Tetris piece costumes and a Samus outfit that were really cool.

Oh, I get it. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Atari 2600, Atari, or even console gaming. Right?

Well I *did* see an Ulala from Sega's Space Channel 5.

And so what?

More nerdy girls!

(btw are these posted somewhere else so I can send them to my friends not on AA)

Well I *did* see an Ulala from Sega's Space Channel 5.

And so what?

More nerdy girls!

(btw are these posted somewhere else so I can send them to my friends not on AA)

Try this:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...albumId=1456148

Who are these characters?

post-1770-1235960930_thumb.jpg

Chris

I have no idea who half of these people are dressed up as. There were a lot of anime people there. This group was by far the most professional looking.

I dont know either...but they look SWEET!

Who are these characters?

post-1770-1235960930_thumb.jpg

Chris

Steampunk?

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (probably a stretch)...but I enjoy Tim Cain's work.

I liked the Tank Girl costume, myself.

Edited by rsiddall

I love cons :) I was at megacon 2 years ago, I wonder if it has grown. After gen & dragon, mega was a little tame, but still fun. I've seen (at least one, somestimes more,) girl in a leelo costume every year at gen & dragon and they usually have their costumes made out of nothing but plastic strapping or tape :) very nice.

• 4 weeks later...