IGNORED

Don't miss Bruce Campbell

neotokeo2001

Don't miss Bruce Campbell.

brucecampbell.jpg

You missed out on getting games autographed at the MEGACON 2009.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140074

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140079

Don't miss out on getting an autographed copy of your original game for the Atari 2600,7800,5200 or Colecovision. Program an original game for one of those systems with any of the Bruce Campbell shows (Evil Dead, Burn Notice, Hercules, Briscoe County Jr, Etc...) and I will have a custom cartridge made of your game that will be autographed (pictures taken of Bruce signing your game) and sent to you at no charge. The game rights are yours as I will only have copies made to be autographed (Number of copies will be predetermined).

Cartridges will be signed on JUNE 5, 6 or 7 (2009) so the deadline for the completed game will be May 1st. That will give me time to have the cartridges made for the show. If you are interested in making a game just let me know so I can get things ready. If you have an original game that you have made and want to redo the graphics that is OK also. Any questions just post them here or send me a PM.

Some previous signings:

Freddy Kruger (Robert Englund)

l_9ea422c54304f939758e09b213a90688.jpg

l_5de239dd1c013bde31966511d4b126cf.jpg

The Tall Man (Angus Scrimm)

l_6dcf6c9af2c945caab76d435465aa749.jpg

l_33197483560348f8afee83b99c05dd05.jpg

Elvira

l_314a2f0b34bc405aa000f0c3790e4d85.jpg

l_48c9e670ee554bc68f7b574580fd28ea.jpg

I heard him on the radio the other day. He's a funny and intelligent guy.

I've never seen Evil Dead or anything else he did before Briscoe County, Jr. but enjoy his work that I have seen. If I were in the neighborhood, I might drop in to meet him.

Maybe I'll make a game where Ash slays skeletons. Groovy ;) It's been a long time since I've seen Evil Dead. Maybe I should try to find and rent it.

If you want to make an EVIL DEAD game I will send you the DVD.

Evil Dead

Evil Dead II ( A remix/retelling version of Evil Dead)

Evil Dead III / Army of Darkness (A bigger budget action-comedy continuation of Evil Dead II)

Here's attempt #1 with three skeletons, Ash and flicker. Now I just need to find out which Evil Dead movie I've seen. It's the one where the living dead are in another dimension? and has Ash working at a fast-food restaurant or something and he goes into this other dimension to fight them. I'll look it up on IMDB.

edit: I think it was Army of Darkness.

evildead1.bas

evildead1.bas.bin

Edited by atari2600land

I thought Bruce Campbell just died from an

overdose and neotokeo2001 was saying that he won't miss him. I wondered how anyone could hate Bruce Campbell and why his death was being announced in the Programming forum. Thanks for the (death/hate/programming forum) triple shock! :D

Actually, I think this'd work better as a 2-d platformer. The skeletons probably don't fall out of the sky, though. I'll work on removing that.

Very cool. This reminds me of a Flash Game.

Graveyard of Drunken Souls

http://www.gamegum.com/game/311/graveyard-of-drunken-souls/

This could definitely be an Army of Darkness game. Some of the power-ups could be the chainsaw and shotgun. I don't think you should get rid of the falling skeletons. Since you are limited on the number of enemies that can appear onscreen, Having them appear at random locations falling from the top of the screen would add to the difficulty over just having them appear from the sides of the screen.

Maybe you could have different waves of enemies. Skeletons/Zombies/Boss etc...

Kill 100 enemies and move to the next stage.

Edited by neotokeo2001

New version. 2 screens now. Ash's sword is always out, so the fire button is used for jumping, which will serve him well as there are holes in the levels beyond level 1.

I like whacking the skeletons with the fire button. Maybe use the joystick to jump?

Possible label design:

l_23629258fd5f49909ac0a2970e01331d.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Work on Bruce's hair. There is no way it can be Bruce Campbell in that game with hair like that. Don't forget the chin either.

Unfortunately , I don't think this is being worked on anymore.

It's just the art from the comic book...which was pretty entertaining if you ever come across them.. :D

Work on Bruce's hair. There is no way it can be Bruce Campbell in that game with hair like that. Don't forget the chin either.

Unfortunately , I don't think this is being worked on anymore.

It's just the art from the comic book...which was pretty entertaining if you ever come across them.. :D

I meant the hair and chin in the game. Never seen the comic book. I will have to look them up.

As for I My Name is Bruce. It needs the warning label, "For Bruce Cambell Fans Only" ;) Great flick.

• 2 months later...