IGNORED

Holy shit $3,000 for 4 homebrews

The white box versions rarely show up for sale, and have sold for surprisingly high amounts in the past. It's been awhile and I can't recall exactly, but I want to say that the last one I saw was a year or two ago (non-Phillyclassic version) and ended somewhere around $500 - $800. $3K is still pretty startling. Looks like someone is trying to round out an exhaustively complete Inty collection.

The white box versions rarely show up for sale, and have sold for surprisingly high amounts in the past. It's been awhile and I can't recall exactly, but I want to say that the last one I saw was a year or two ago (non-Phillyclassic version) and ended somewhere around $500 - $800. $3K is still pretty startling. Looks like someone is trying to round out an exhaustively complete Inty collection.

Looks like somone is trying to inflate the prices, on these items.Seen this many times before.

Looks like somone is trying to inflate the prices, on these items.Seen this many times before.

For awhile now with classic game auctions, I've seen a lot of bidders with a (any letter)****(any letter) user ID. I think they are doing exactly what you said. They either come near the end to inflate the price to whatever your limit was or push it pass that. I've lost out on a couple of potential good deals, but I've seen it happen on other auctions I've watched.

For awhile now with classic game auctions, I've seen a lot of bidders with a (any letter)****(any letter) user ID. I think they are doing exactly what you said. They either come near the end to inflate the price to whatever your limit was or push it pass that. I've lost out on a couple of potential good deals, but I've seen it happen on other auctions I've watched.

If this happens repreadetly, it would be easily traceable for the ebay database administrators.

That would be every bidder, I guess you missed the changes ebay made to hide usernames. :ponder:

That would be every bidder, I guess you missed the changes ebay made to hide usernames. :ponder:

I very well could have missed that. Other than recently, I hadn't been on ebay for almost three years.

Faker than Dick Cheney's honesty.

Getting a few hundred for the homebrews is one thing, but 700+, seriously doubt it.

There have been some fishy things happening on eBay lately with Intellivision, and this is just part of that trend, probably orchestrated by one seller.

Remember this. One of George Steinbrenners son's is an Intellivision collector. If he spends like his father, than this is hardly surprising.

Steinbrenner's son bought some Atari gatefold games from me. He mostly collects toys from the 70's. I haven't seen him buy any Intellivision games.

He got these from Arod's cousin.