IGNORED

Bio-Defense

devwebcl

• 3 years later...

Sounds better than "Womper Stomper" :)

Kennedy Approach was my fave 'talker' game, i also liked the "we gotcha" from Tumblebugs..

It all was so special back then, a game that talked back, amazing..

That was the only thing special in Tumblebugs - but I did play it a good amount as it was one of 20 games I had originally.

I loved KA, it had the atmosphere and hearing authentic sounding pilots talking back was simply amazing, a tad better than Jumbo Jet Pilot from Thorn EMI :)

My love of Tumblebugs is wrapped up in the memories of walking in to Silica Shop in Sidcup (UK) and seeing all these TV's playing such wonderful games and great noises, it all mixed together in to a surreal Arcade fantasy, Tumblebugs was one of those I remember on the screens. The mix of magnifyed maze meets pac man (ish) and that sweet we gotcha just had me going back to it all the time. Sure when you finally completed the screen it lost its appeal but its still a wonderful memory of the days.

Just played Bio Defence, it brought back the memories of why I never played it in the days, its BORING as hell.

Like Fantastic Voyage without the Fantastic or the Voyage ;)

EDIT: Speaking of surreal arcade sound memories, for thsoe wanting that vibe of walking into an Arcade in the hey days and hearing snippets of all those noises you grew to love, the wissss wiss of the missile in galaxian, the pucka pucka of pac man and the Outrun muisc etc etc there's an old project that someone did of a large MP3 file recreating the frenzy of a full arcade room.

Really nice project for the old rose tinted people like myself, hell, I saw Tron while on holiday in Canada and remember going into the Toronto Malls computer shops the next morning to find VIC20's with syntax errors of 'ACCESS PROJECT TRON' on them, made me laugh even then.

It was so new and exciting..

Anyway, for those that want the old arcade immersive experience go here.

http://arcade.hofle.com/

Edited by Mclaneinc

I loved KA, it had the atmosphere and hearing authentic sounding pilots talking back was simply amazing, a tad better than Jumbo Jet Pilot from Thorn EMI :)

My love of Tumblebugs is wrapped up in the memories of walking in to Silica Shop in Sidcup (UK) and seeing all these TV's playing such wonderful games and great noises, it all mixed together in to a surreal Arcade fantasy, Tumblebugs was one of those I remember on the screens. The mix of magnifyed maze meets pac man (ish) and that sweet we gotcha just had me going back to it all the time. Sure when you finally completed the screen it lost its appeal but its still a wonderful memory of the days.

Just played Bio Defence, it brought back the memories of why I never played it in the days, its BORING as hell.

Like Fantastic Voyage without the Fantastic or the Voyage ;)

So it wasn't just me! I'll take the giant stomping foot any day :D

Not played Tumblebugs (that I remember) so will take a look and might have another bash at Kennedy Approach too :thumbsup:

Tumblebugs is simple and fun, giant maze, loads of dots, you eat them all while avoiding the enemies, your portion of the screen is zoomed in on like its under a magnifying glass.

Simple, addictive and the sample is funny :)

Simple, Fun, and frustrating - the maze is pretty big some completing it takes time - and with no reward for finishing - bah!

I really liked Whomper Stomper.

• 1 year later...